• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hillbillywingsfan

1/27 Red Wings 1 @ Chicago Blackhawks 2 (OT)

Rate this topic

Z, Bert, Dats, and Brunner are the only ones doing anything offensively, and obviously its not enough, simple as that, bottom 6 needs to chip in. Franz needs to stop falling on the ice for 2 minutes and actually play, and flip needs to shoot more

Snipers... what snipers do LA have? Boston?

Depth scoring is more important than having a Stamkos. We could use another good goalscoring winger for sure, but we need scoring from everyone right now. Bottom 6 have to chip in a goal every now and then. Filppula has to score. Our D has to score. No one is scoring.

LA and Boston had a much better top 6 in their Cups than our top 6 this season. And their bottom lines were grittier and harder to play against in a playoff series, than our bottom six forwards this year.

There's nothing about this lineup that screams success and long playoff run. You either have a team built on great talent, which we don't have much of anymore, or a team built on hot goaltending and grit/stellar defense, which we don't have either.

This team has no identity.

Edited by GMRwings1983

My uninformed answer. Ouch.

OK, to be fair, saying Howard hasn't shown he has it in him is, I suppose, too harsh. He's shown he has it in him. He's won some games for the team in front of him (though none of them really spring to mind, likely because I'm dead tired and here mostly to complain). I'll even go so far as to say he has all the requisite tools and pieces and what-not to be the best of the best. But he's got to put it all together now, take it to a slightly higher level.

LA and Boston had a much better top 6 in their Cups than our top 6 this season. And their bottom lines were grittier and harder to play against in a playoff series, than our bottom six forwards this year.

There's nothing about this lineup that screams success and long playoff run. You either have a team built on great talent, which we don't have much of anymore, or a team built on hot goaltending and grit/determination, which we don't have either.

I find your lack of faith disturbing

5953153.jpg

If you did, and I believe you did, then you are pretty ignorant about the effect of deflections on goaltenders.

Why do you say that?

Without a fact Homer was the best EVER around the crease. No argument. But maybe you have something else to ask me?

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

There's nothing about this lineup that screams success and long playoff run. You either have a team built on great talent, which we don't have much of anymore, or a team built on hot goaltending and grit/stellar defense, which we don't have either.

Pretty much.

I think I know what the correct list of things are after a Wings win and loss.

Wings lose

1. Blame Franzen

2. Blame Howard

3. Blame Emmerton

4. Blame Ericsson

5. Blame the Power Play

6. Blame the coaching staff and management

7. Whine on the forums until the next game.

Wings win

1. No one gets credit

2. Blame all players except Dats and Z for sucking.

3. Whine on the forums until the next game.

Course, I should know how this goes after being on these forums for so long.

Wings lose

1. Blame Franzen

2. Blame Howard

3. Blame Emmerton

4. Blame Ericsson

5. Blame the Power Play

Wings win

1. No one gets credit

Blame Quincey for sucking on both*

Why do you say that?

I believe anyone who has at least some professional experience would be able to look at things a little bit differently than those who are armchair fans.

For instance, I have played rec league as a goalie since I was 27, and been reffing for 5 years now. I am experienced enough to know that deflections that go past a goalie are part luck and skill. I also know that deflections that actually hit the goalie are due to good positioning and luck. Howard had the positioning, but didn't anticipate the deflection off Brunners stick. So, I fail to understand how someone with Juniors experience can look at that situation and say that it was a weak goal or one Howard should have had considering the circumstances.

Blame Quincey for sucking on both*

Damn! Forgot Quincey. :D

Wings lose

1. Blame Franzen

2. Blame Howard

3. Blame Emmerton

4. Blame Ericsson

5. Blame the Power Play

Wings win

1. No one gets credit

And you love it ;)

I believe anyone who has at least some professional experience would be able to look at things a little bit differently than those who are armchair fans.

For instance, I have played rec league as a goalie since I was 27, and been reffing for 5 years now. I am experienced enough to know that deflections that go past a goalie are part luck and skill. I also know that deflections that actually hit the goalie are due to good positioning and luck. Howard had the positioning, but didn't anticipate the deflection off Brunners stick. So, I fail to understand how someone with Juniors experience can look at that situation and say that it was a weak goal or one Howard should have had considering the circumstances.

When did I ever say that? I was talking about our PP the whole game vs the Hawks. Better look back through the pages bro. You don't score on a 5-3 you usually don't win the game. Our PP was horrible. I've watched enough Wings games to know this. Do I need to say I've been a Wings fans since 91? Yeah I've followed them and the NHL pretty close regardless even if I've played the game at a junior level....

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Wings lose

1. Blame Franzen

2. Blame Howard

3. Blame Emmerton

4. Blame Ericsson

5. Blame the Power Play

Wings win

1. No one gets credit

But how do you really feel, Nightfall?

For the record: I'm not blaming this loss on any one thing, any one Wing. This team at large has Major, Major Issues.

I thought the Wings played an all around good game. There are a couple changes I would like to make though. Franzen, in my opinion, is not cutting it on the powerplay. I would like to see him switch spots with Bert.

- I would like to see Brunner play with Pavs and Bert because no one is really setting Brunner up on Hank's line with Franzen... he would be more suited to play with Dats

- Babcock and Renney have to get our powerplay going. I think having Bert on the top unit is a start because he has his big body, can make some nice passes, and goes in front of the net.

- I thought Smith was outstanding tonight.

I think the wings will regroup and come out firing on Dallas

When did I ever say that? I was talking about our PP the whole game vs the Hawks. Better look back through the pages bro. You don't score on a 5-3 you usually don't win the game. Our PP was horrible. I've watched enough Wings games to know this. Do I need to say I've been a Wings fans since 91? Yeah I've followed them and the NHL pretty close regardless even if I've played the game at a junior level....

My bad man. Thought you said something about Howard being terrible after letting that deflection in. I stand corrected.

But how do you really feel, Nightfall?

For the record: I'm not blaming this loss on any one thing, any one Wing. This team at large has Major, Major Issues.

Honestly, I really feel tired of the negative rhetoric especially from the "die hard fans" here. I see more positivity in the HFBoards.

I'm convinced that Nightfall (Jim Carey) should be our goalie from now on.

Howard is just not cutting it.

Haha, we would have lost that game 12-1. I suck balls.

Guest irishock

I'm convinced that Nightfall (Jim Carey) should be our goalie from now on.

Howard is just not cutting it.

Jesus christ.