• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hillbillywingsfan

1/27 Red Wings 1 @ Chicago Blackhawks 2 (OT)

Rate this topic

My bad man. Thought you said something about Howard being terrible after letting that deflection in. I stand corrected

Howard will have to stand on his head for this Wings team to make the playoffs.

Howard is one of the the Wings best players no?

Well. No one got hurt. Right? Right?

Franzen rolled around on the ice like a baby for a while again, and when he realized it didn't end up giving the hawks a penalty he got up and skated away, so the only thing that was hurt was wings fans pride (franzen has no self respect)

Franzen rolled around on the ice like a baby for a while again, and when he realized it didn't end up giving the hawks a penalty he got up and skated away, so the only thing that was hurt was wings fans pride (franzen has no self respect)

Yeah. What exactly happened on that play?

Edited by rick zombo

Franzine was touched with a stick and almost died.

esteef

I saw the replay 3 times in slow-mo. I couldn't see any stick. I thought "one of his balls must have gotten tangled up in his cup/jock-strap" Then I remembered, Franzen has no balls. LOL. I kid. He's a great guy.

Honestly, I really feel tired of the negative rhetoric especially from the "die hard fans" here. I see more positivity in the HFBoards.

I feel really tired of the Wings playing 1/3 periods, making the same mistakes over and over again, coming up short in the same fundamental ways season after season, etc.

I'd be all smiles and rainbows and puppies, but it'd be dishonest, and I'd feel dirty.

Dim damn red wings gone live ter play 'nuther day! Adios!

I feel really tired of the Wings playing 1/3 periods, making the same mistakes over and over again, coming up short in the same fundamental ways season after season, etc.

I'd be all smiles and rainbows and puppies, but it'd be dishonest, and I'd feel dirty.

It's more fun to watch when you try to find the positives. You can still notice and point out the mistakes, but try looking for and praising good plays as well

It's more fun to watch when you try to find the positives. You can still notice and point out the mistakes, but try looking for and praising good plays as well

lolz

I've been posting here for almost a decade. This isn't a typical GDT for me; I'm tired and I want to go to bed, but I can't because I have to stay up, and the Wings are all like, [flops around on the ground like a fish], and I'm like, meh.

If the Wings ever do trade Franzen, he'd fit in well with the Nucks.

Speaking of which, did anyone see the highlights from the Sharks Nucks game? Jannik Hansen shoves the ref from behind before they even drop the puck to start the game. I have no idea what was going on at the start of the game.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

i love rivalry games. this one was fun but the outcome not so much.

wings got a point out of it, so thats alright.

cant think about the loss now, gotta move forward and play better tuesday against Dallas.

In this situation, Brunner WAS THE D man! That's why it was his mistake.

I'm sure by the end of the season you'll be able to list each and every one of Brunner's mistakes but won't be able to name 10 things he did well. ;)

btw no idea if it was his mistake, I've only seen the goal from the moment where he comes late, don't know how it came to the situation.

In this situation, Brunner WAS THE D man! That's why it was his mistake.

It is too bad to, I was really wondering how he was going to do when I saw it was Brunner back there. He was just a second delayed or he had the guy, good lesson for him he's going to awesome.

Franzine was touched with a stick and almost died.

esteef

I remember when Jamie McClennen "slashed" Franzen and everyone on LGW threw a fit. I thought the slash was nothing at the time.

Last night's spear was much worse, and LGW is 100% against him.

I just find it funny how things turn on a dime around here.

I remember when Jamie McClennen "slashed" Franzen and everyone on LGW threw a fit. I thought the slash was nothing at the time.

Last night's spear was much worse, and LGW is 100% against him.

I just find it funny how things turn on a dime around here.

last nights spear? Ive walked into corners of tables much harder than he was "speared" that stick barely touched him

last nights spear? Ive walked into corners of tables much harder than he was "speared" that stick barely touched him

But do you agree that he was speared? Bolland clearly turned his stick over and not only tried to do it once but tried twice and succeeded the second time. Yeah Franzen embellished it but still doesn't excuse the fact that Bolland did it.

According to the rules, it was the intent of the play, it should be penalized. Even the announcers said it was a dangerous play. I don't know how hard he was hit because I was not the recipient. I suppose if you hate Franzen, then you can deduce it wasn't a spear and if you like him, then it was.

I had too much vodka last night during the game. Moving forward let's see if we can light up the Stars this next game. 5 on 5 we are looking ok it's just our special teams are giving me nightmares right now. Something's gotta give...

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

FWIW, in an Mlive article Mule makes it sound like the spear knocked the wind out of him. Who knows. It's really a case of the boy who cried wolf.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/01/red_wings_johan_franzen_recove.html

Was Kindl a healthy scratch last night? With the way Lashoff is playing and the addition of Huskins it seems like he may never crack the lineup.

FWIW, in an Mlive article Mule makes it sound like the spear knocked the wind out of him. Who knows. It's really a case of the boy who cried wolf.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/01/red_wings_johan_franzen_recove.html

Was Kindl a healthy scratch last night? With the way Lashoff is playing and the addition of Huskins it seems like he may never crack the lineup.

Yea, I read the same article. I guess you have to go off of past experience here. You know there are people who will try to draw penalties. We have seen Crosby dive a few times in the past and we laugh about it. Franzen just doesn't appear to do that. So I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.