Photo
- - - - -

1/27 Red Wings 1 @ Chicago Blackhawks 2 (OT)

• Please log in to reply
518 replies to this topic

#401 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

What were you saying about our PP not scoring on that 5-3 losing the game thing again?

Yeah % is if you don't score on a 5-3 it goes against you winning.

Fact for about at least 20 years of hockey if not more.

Thanks for playing.

Wings deserved better this game but thats what happens when our PP sucks dick.

I'm glad you're proud of yourself.

As someone who actually PLAYS hockey, I know that no single moment defines a hockey game. The wings lost this game because they couldn't score on any of the powerplays, not because of that one 5 on 3.

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#402 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

well we have a lot yet to work on, at least we got 1 point

#403 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

PP killed us folks. Wake up. Our PP sucks.

#404 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,129 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

hey im listening on a radio over here in the uk, never mentioned a deflection just said a shot from wide on the left wing that ought to have been handled better.Ill take it back if it was a big deflection. Still first team to take a point of the hawks this year?

No this was their second overtime game

#405 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,056 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

Howard's a good goalie. Maybe even somewhat great, sorta. But he really hasn't shown that he has it in him to flat-out strap the team to his back and win games all by himself.

The elite 'tenders, they can do that, and they do do that. (Doo-doo. lolz.) Alas, Howard is not (yet) elite.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#406 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

Look, this was Brunner's only major mistake, let's cut him some slack. If one mistake costs you a game against a tired opponent, you're not playing well enough as a team.

I hate to be a downer, but we still can't score and our defense is okay at best. We've gotten better since game 1, but we are still pretty lackluster. Improvements all across the board should be expected. No one was godawful tonight, but being 'decent' isn't good enough to win in this league.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#407 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

I'm glad you're proud of yourself.

As someone who actually PLAYS hockey, I know that no single moment defines a hockey game. The wings lost this game because they couldn't score on any of the powerplays, not because of that one 5 on 3.

No s*** Sherlock? I've played at the Junior A level. The Minnesota Ice Hawks. Regardless of the 5-3 no scoring it was PP all night.

Wanna meet up?

#408 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

Howard's a good goalie. Maybe even somewhat great, sorta. But he really hasn't shown that he has it in him to flat-out strap the team to his back and win games all by himself.

The elite 'tenders, they can do that, and they do do that. (Doo-doo. lolz.) Alas, Howard is not (yet) elite.

Did you watch the first half of last season?

#409 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,609 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

The Wings have played ONE good game out of five...are we able to start growing a bit concerned?  They cannot string consistancy together.  They should have been all over a tired Chicago team tonight and yet, even with all the powerplays, weren't.

I will say it again, getting a point for losing in OT is absolutely stupid.  IT waters down the other teams win, and the league in general.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#410 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,129 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

I don't claim howie to be elite yet, but he is a very good goaltender. He just got scored on like most goalies do..

#411 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,056 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

PP killed us folks. Wake up. Our PP sucks.

"Power kill."

Don't Toews me, bro!

#412 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

No s*** Sherlock? I've played at the Junior A level. The Minnesota Ice Hawks. Regardless of the 5-3 no scoring it was PP all night.

Wanna meet up?

Ok so now you're arguing my point.... Or else we've been arguing the same point all night.

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#413 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,901 posts

Wanna meet up?

ok, ok.  That's enough.

Yes the Wings lost but both of you settle down.  You can disagree about the game without picking a time to meet on the playground. 

#414 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,224 posts

Don't mean to be disrespectful but who are these "elite" goalies?

#415 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Wanna meet up?

Aren't they the Rochester Ice Hawks?

hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#416 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,742 posts

Did you watch the first half of last season?

I think you can answer that question quite easily just based on his uninformed answer.

Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#417 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,901 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:53 PM

The Wings have played ONE good game out of five...are we able to start growing a bit concerned?  They cannot string consistancy together.  They should have been all over a tired Chicago team tonight and yet, even with all the powerplays, weren't.

I will say it again, getting a point for losing in OT is absolutely stupid.  IT waters down the other teams win, and the league in general.

agreed, but it inflates point totals keeping teams in the playoff hunt much later than they otherwise would be.

that means games are still relevant later in the season which means tv ratings and ticket sales are better, so owners love it.

#418 pvilleguru

pvilleguru

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

I'm ok with the point for an OT loss, but they they need to get 3 points for a regulation win and 2 for an OT win.

#419 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,742 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

Aren't they the Rochester Ice Hawks?

http://www.mnicehawks.com/

Hey, if I played for a team, I would say the team name wrong.  :D

Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#420 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

Wanna meet up?

That escalated quickly...

-Buppy