• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hillbillywingsfan

1/27 Red Wings 1 @ Chicago Blackhawks 2 (OT)

Rate this topic

after that positive showing against Min, we regress back to this? chicago looked totally spent out there and in classic Wings fashion they dropped down to the energy level of the opponent. lack of offense is frustrating as hell, 0/6 on the pp. major letdown.

FWIW, in an Mlive article Mule makes it sound like the spear knocked the wind out of him. Who knows. It's really a case of the boy who cried wolf.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/01/red_wings_johan_franzen_recove.html

Was Kindl a healthy scratch last night? With the way Lashoff is playing and the addition of Huskins it seems like he may never crack the lineup.

oh yeah I feel sorry for Kindl somewhat. But man has Lashoff be a pleasant surprise.

But do you agree that he was speared? Bolland clearly turned his stick over and not only tried to do it once but tried twice and succeeded the second time. Yeah Franzen embellished it but still doesn't excuse the fact that Bolland did it.

I am not denying he was hit. Common though, he rolled around for 2 minutes on the ice though. He wasn't hit that hard, plus why are we trying to draw penalties, seeing how they just kill 2 minutes of the game cause we can't score

I am not denying he was hit. Common though, he rolled around for 2 minutes on the ice though. He wasn't hit that hard, plus why are we trying to draw penalties, seeing how they just kill 2 minutes of the game cause we can't score

I'm not sure we can judge how hard he was hit since it wasn't us receiving the spear. I'm also not sure I understand why you don't think we should of been trying to draw a penalty All teams do it specially in times of need. Yeah we went what 0-7 or something last night but doesn't mean we should just stop everything just because we have had a few bad games. Mind you I know and can see how awful our PP has been but I suspect it will turn around at some point and whats the harm in trying to draw penalties to try and get our PP going?

Edited by hillbillywingsfan

I'm not sure we can judge how hard he was hit since it wasn't us receiving the spear. I'm also not sure I understand why you don't think we should of been trying to draw a penalty All teams do it specially in times of need. Yeah we went what 0-7 or something last night but doesn't mean we should just stop everything just because we have had a few bad games. Mind you I know and can see how awful our PP has been but I suspect it will turn around at some point and whats the harm in trying to draw penalties to try and get our PP going?

I agree with you about trying to get the pp going, but you realize certain nights it just won't work and is a waste of time. We continue to be the best 5-on-5 team in the league but the bottom of the barrel in pk and pp, we are only like 7.7% on the pp, and 63% on the pk right now. Renney better start earning his money soon

I agree with you about trying to get the pp going, but you realize certain nights it just won't work and is a waste of time. We continue to be the best 5-on-5 team in the league but the bottom of the barrel in pk and pp, we are only like 7.7% on the pp, and 63% on the pk right now. Renney better start earning his money soon

Yeah I hate seeing us like that. To see the talent we have struggle as bad as we have on the PP especially. But you watch it just looks like we are lost out there on the PP. And If I see another limp writsted pass on the PP that gets turned over or a limp wristed clearing attempt im going to throat punch someone.

Yeah I hate seeing us like that. To see the talent we have struggle as bad as we have on the PP especially. But you watch it just looks like we are lost out there on the PP. And If I see another limp writsted pass on the PP that gets turned over or a limp wristed clearing attempt im going to throat punch someone.

I agree 100%. Yesterday I can't count how many times I almost threw the remote at the tv screaming SHOOT FILPPULA SHOOT! WHY ARE YOU GUYS PASSING BACK AND FORTH LIKES ITS A GAME OF KEEP AWAY? SHOOT THE PUCK ALREADY!!

I think I know what the correct list of things are after a Wings win and loss.

Wings lose

1. Blame Franzen

2. Blame Howard

3. Blame Emmerton

4. Blame Ericsson

5. Blame the Power Play

6. Blame the coaching staff and management

7. Whine on the forums until the next game.

Wings win

1. No one gets credit

2. Blame all players except Dats and Z for sucking.

3. Whine on the forums until the next game.

Course, I should know how this goes after being on these forums for so long.

That seems about right .

I agree 100%. Yesterday I can't count how many times I almost threw the remote at the tv screaming SHOOT FILPPULA SHOOT! WHY ARE YOU GUYS PASSING BACK AND FORTH LIKES ITS A GAME OF KEEP AWAY? SHOOT THE PUCK ALREADY!!

hahahaha Yup. And Brunner, like they were saying, needs to move back and closer in the middle and stop trying to one time god awful angle shots. But he is still new/young to the team and NHL so he gets a bit of a pass. But If see Cleary or Quincy limp wrist a pass or shot again out of our own zone i'm going to throw a fit.

I am starting to feel like this season is more like a continuation of last season rather than a new one all together. We have a lot of the same issues. Shaky defense. Bad power plays. Long scoring droughts.

We really need a metaphorical breath of fresh air into this team. Not saying its fire sale time but the roster could use a good shaking up just to spark something.

In the first 5 games we have all seen what this team is. Some talent left, but it is getting old and injury prone. Not enough energy on most nights-another byproduct of the age of the team. yes we will have some great nights like the Minny game and some really abd nights like the Blues game. But after 5 games our record shows what we are: a .500 team.

On the plus side, Howard has been awesome! get him resigned Holland! we can't mess around with him. Helm when out there was great, and Abby has been solid. TooToo looks like a good pickup. brunner looks good to date as well. still rough in his own end, but that will get better. Z and dats still look good. Not elite anymore but still very good. Filppula looks lost to date. Not sure why. Most of the rest of the forwards look AHL caliber. D has been rough, but as the pairs work together game after game, that should improve.

In the first 5 games we have all seen what this team is. Some talent left, but it is getting old and injury prone. Not enough energy on most nights-another byproduct of the age of the team. yes we will have some great nights like the Minny game and some really abd nights like the Blues game. But after 5 games our record shows what we are: a .500 team.

I don't agree. Lets wait antother five games and then another 10 and after that we get a glimpse what the team can archive. The Special-Teams had'nt enough time to prepare, so hadn't the players to get used to each other. And we have a long list of injuries so all this stated above gets even worse and makes things maybe even take longer. I agree that we canot be statisfied the way they played but it is also unfair to give final judgement to them after only 5 games.

Edited by derblaueClaus

On the plus side, Howard has been awesome! get him resigned Holland! we can't mess around with him. Helm when out there was great, and Abby has been solid. TooToo looks like a good pickup. brunner looks good to date as well. still rough in his own end, but that will get better. Z and dats still look good. Not elite anymore but still very good. Filppula looks lost to date. Not sure why. Most of the rest of the forwards look AHL caliber. D has been rough, but as the pairs work together game after game, that should improve.

See 2012 Boston Celtics if you wanna see what this team is. Detroit will need some new blood next year because the Celtics refused to really do this and they probably will miss the playoffs for this season

Get rid of Dan Cleary, that alone will show this team is serious about actually trying to win games.

This. Sometimes you have to cut the head off the snake, and other times, an unexpected casualty, somebody thought to be secure in their postition will wake others up. Maybe a mid-level shake up is in order.

Listen here you beautiful *****, I'm about to f*** you up with some truth.

— Kenny Powers Season 1 Episode 6, 11:34 117 28

Edited by Marty Barry