• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hillbillywingsfan

1/27 Red Wings 1 @ Chicago Blackhawks 2 (OT)

Rate this topic

I thought Brendan Smith was fantastic that period (he has been really good all season but still). I love the way he skates the puck and he has a smart, active stick. He reminds me a lot of Scott Neidemayer in some ways...

Also, as many have said, I am sitting here wondering what the hell Cleary does for this team to continue to not only get ice time, but to get POWERPLAY ICE TIME! IMO Cleary needs to be gone and my patience for Franzen is running very thin as well.

Other than that, I think the team played okay during the first. Howard looked sharp again. There were a couple shifts where we could not get it out, but we also recovered and generated some scoring chances as well. HOpefully the Wings come out and outwork the Hawks in the 2nd and 3rd since the Hawks played last night and bring us home a "W".

I thought Brendan Smith was fantastic that period (he has been really good all season but still). I love the way he skates the puck and he has a smart, active stick. He reminds me a lot of Scott Neidemayer in some ways...

Also, as many have said, I am sitting here wondering what the hell Cleary does for this team to continue to not only get ice time, but to get POWERPLAY ICE TIME! IMO Cleary needs to be gone and my patience for Franzen is running very thin as well.

Other than that, I think the team played okay during the first. Howard looked sharp again. There were a couple shifts where we could not get it out, but we also recovered and generated some scoring chances as well. HOpefully the Wings come out and outwork the Hawks in the 2nd and 3rd since the Hawks played last night and bring us home a "W".

Smith's starting to look comfortable and confident out there, not as nervous as he was the first game or two. That rush where he drew the penalty was great.

Agreed on Cleary and Franzen. Mule is so weak on the puck, keeps losing it. I have more tolerance with him cause he can make things happen around the net atleast. Cleary is just nothing. I

yes as many others have stated, Cleary is wearing out his welcome

last year he sort of got a pass from me since he was playing on a bum knee, and now I guess he's still getting used to playing on it after the surgery

if he doesn't get on the scoresheet tonight, that'll make 5 games w/o a point while getting 2nd/3rd line minutes and some PP time

if he doesn't kick it into gear soon, I really hope Holland lets him walk at the end of the season