• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tim.D

Helm: "Minor Setback", still out indefinitely, *merged*

Rate this topic

Insert the standard "small fast forward problem" here. I like Helm, but guys can't help if they are always in the training room. Due to his size and style of play, he might be a guy that misses 30% of the games every year. Misses or is playing hurt....

Guest The Axe

Insert the standard "small fast forward problem" here. I like Helm, but guys can't help if they are always in the training room. Due to his size and style of play, he might be a guy that misses 30% of the games every year. Misses or is playing hurt....

70% of helm is better than 100% of 3/4 of the rest.

Stats show this isn't true: last 4 years played. 75 out of 82

82 out of 82

68 out of 82

1out of 5

add them up and you get 226 games played out of 251. so he's missed 10% of the games the last 3 years and 5 games.

For comparison: Datysuk 18%, Zetterberg 6%, Filppula 17%,Franzen 28%,Cleary 17%, Bertuzzi 7%

I think this year, he got caught out of shape and thinking there wouldn't be a season and hurt his back trying to hard to get back in the swing of things. It didn't have anything to do with him being an undersize grinder.

Stats show this isn't true: last 4 years played. 75 out of 82

82 out of 82

68 out of 82

1out of 5

add them up and you get 226 games played out of 251. so he's missed 10% of the games the last 3 years and 5 games.

For comparison: Datysuk 18%, Zetterberg 6%, Filppula 17%,Franzen 28%,Cleary 17%, Bertuzzi 7%

I think this year, he got caught out of shape and thinking there wouldn't be a season and hurt his back trying to hard to get back in the swing of things. It didn't have anything to do with him being an undersize grinder.

Is english your second langauge? You clearly didn't read what I wrote. I wrote "he MIGHT be a guy". Not is, was etc.... But he does get hurt alot. Now that doesn't mean he misses the game. He does play hurt, unlike some others on this team. But at his size and with his style injuries will always be there for him.

Is english your second langauge? You clearly didn't read what I wrote. I wrote "he MIGHT be a guy". Not is, was etc.... But he does get hurt alot. Now that doesn't mean he misses the game. He does play hurt, unlike some others on this team. But at his size and with his style injuries will always be there for him.

No need to get worked up there,guy.

You said "he might be". I proved that he wasn't.

No need to get worked up there,guy.

You said "he might be". I proved that he wasn't.

Also, you were wrong about Helm not getting ready. As the news here in Michigan has talked about, Helm was/is still dealing with his knee issues from last march. He still isn't 100%. Which-just a guess, is what is effecting his back. Changed his skating style to be able to play. Common thing for most athletes. you over correct for the injury. Just my guess.

WTF!?!?!? GD it! Please Helm, don't turn into a china doll!

Well when you bang and crash at his speed, its tough not to be injured often. I will say this though, this team is MUCH better with him in the lineup. I don't think I can recall a player on the Wings contributing this much to the team without it appearing on the score sheet.

Tremendous player don't rush him back, let his back heal to 100 % or at least extremely close to it. This team is different with him in the lineup wish we had more Helm's.

I wish we had some bigger Helm's. Imagine Helm at 6-2/210......... That is what we need about 5 of..............