• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tim.D

Helm: "Minor Setback", still out indefinitely, *merged*

Rate this topic

Gotta trim the fat at the deadline with all these forwards. Tatar and Andersson need to stay in the lineup

Filppula-Datsyuk-Samuelsson

Franzen-Zetterberg-Brunner

Andersson-Helm-Tatar

Cleary-Abdelkader-Tootoo

I haven't heard anything on Bertuzzi I guess the injury is bad so don't expect to see him this year? No clue how Babcock is gonna run these lines hopefully a trade makes it easier

Gotta trim the fat at the deadline with all these forwards. Tatar and Andersson need to stay in the lineup

Filppula-Datsyuk-Samuelsson

Franzen-Zetterberg-Brunner

Andersson-Helm-Tatar

Cleary-Abdelkader-Tootoo

I haven't heard anything on Bertuzzi I guess the injury is bad so don't expect to see him this year? No clue how Babcock is gonna run these lines hopefully a trade makes it easier

why didn't anyone else think of that? we must be benching filppula and sammy and helmer to launch a surprise attack...

all you do is knock the guy and constantly say he shouldn't even be on the ice...

Yup when he plays weakly I do... I have also said Flippula is good when he plays a good game but he hasn't been very good at all this year. Last year going into the season I was a big Flippula supporter and knew he was gonna have a breakout season. Now I expect more from Flippula and he also needs a new contract with a raise so I expect the same season as last year and when he takes a step backwards it frustrates me. If Flippula started playing great again I would support him it's not like I have a personal problem with him

I figured out what's wrong with Helm's back. It's shuddering from the anticipation of carrying the team on it when he returns because, according to LGW, no one else is doing anything on this team to the point that every thread becomes an anti- Flip-Franzen-Cleary-Abby-random injured person (circle all that apply) thread.

I figured out what's wrong with Helm's back. It's shuddering from the anticipation of carrying the team on it when he returns because, according to LGW, no one else is doing anything on this team to the point that every thread becomes an anti- Flip-Franzen-Cleary-Abby-random injured person (circle all that apply) thread.

Hehe, maybe the simple reason is that those guys make certain mistakes that Helm does not make.

- Flip: The only exeption - of course, he is not on pace for his production of last year, but it's not like you're watching the games and see lack of effort all the time, stupid penalties or whatever else..I'm just waiting for him to pick it up, maybe it's just a bad streak that will end soon..

- Franzen: He just deserves the bashing. Period. A guy of that size and skill, being so soft and lazy...unacceptable for every fan..

- Cleary: So far this season, I remember the guy most of all for stupid penalties. And since I'm a guy who always tries to see the positive side in every player, that tells something. On the other hand, you can't blame the guy for not being a top6 forward, when the only reason for him playing that high is other guys injuries...

- Abby: The guy really has the "talent" for always making the worst possible decision. If there are 5 options to take, you could actually bet on Abby to take the worst...which is even more saddening considering his undisputable effort..

Yup when he plays weakly I do... I have also said Flippula is good when he plays a good game but he hasn't been very good at all this year. Last year going into the season I was a big Flippula supporter and knew he was gonna have a breakout season. Now I expect more from Flippula and he also needs a new contract with a raise so I expect the same season as last year and when he takes a step backwards it frustrates me. If Flippula started playing great again I would support him it's not like I have a personal problem with him

If the Wings resign Flip, I hope he doesnt pull a Cleary (resign for more then hes worth then suck ba**s)

From Mr. KHAAAAAAN

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/03/red_wings_encouraged_to_see_da_1.html

Helm skated by himself a little bit the past three days, including Wednesday, when the team was off. He hadn't been on the ice since Jan. 26, when he left midway through practice, when his ailing back flared up a day after his season debut.

Helm turns corner: Holland said center Darren Helm, limited to one game (Jan. 25) because of a torn muscle in a disc, could return after this trip.

“Helm appears to have turned the corner,'' Holland said. “He's skating every day, no setbacks. The issue now is fitness. Don't expect him to play in Western Canada, maybe between the Minnesota and Anaheim games (March 20-24).''

OH LORDY LORDY I LOVE IT

I can't find Carlo's thread, but i've updated everyone's injuries according to reports that came out today;

Defenseman Carlo Colaiacovo (sprained left shoulder) had a setback. His return isn't on the horizon.

“He's frustrated,'' Holland said. “He saw a doctor in Toronto that he's known for a long time. He's not 100 percent. They've taken more (X-rays). They don't know if it's an old injury or a new injury. All we can do is give him more time.''

I can't find Carlo's thread, but i've updated everyone's injuries according to reports that came out today;

lol old injury or new one, he injures himself while healing from an injury, or you could just take a guess at which one of his many old injuries it could be lol. Either way he is sucking the life out of our cap space

lol old injury or new one, he injures himself while healing from an injury, or you could just take a guess at which one of his many old injuries it could be lol. Either way he is sucking the life out of our cap space

The sad part is, he's really not. For the first time since the cap was instituted, the Wings have plenty of room and his $2.5M salary isn't atrocious based on the level play he executes....when he's not shelved. ;)

The sad part is, he's really not. For the first time since the cap was instituted, the Wings have plenty of room and his $2.5M salary isn't atrocious based on the level play he executes....when he's not shelved. ;)

we now have a cap hit of about 63 million, next year the cap is 64 million. that 2.5 can go along way, I like Colo when he is healthy, but there stands the problem. White, Quincey, and colo represent 9 million in cap space, that could cover one hell of a dman and we would be fine without all of them

we now have a cap hit of about 63 million, next year the cap is 64 million. that 2.5 can go along way, I like Colo when he is healthy, but there stands the problem. White, Quincey, and colo represent 9 million in cap space, that could cover one hell of a dman and we would be fine without all of them

I couldn't agree more, but that wasn't what I was referring to. I was solely talking about this year. Besides, plenty can happen at the deadline to make room for next year.

I couldn't agree more, but that wasn't what I was referring to. I was solely talking about this year. Besides, plenty can happen at the deadline to make room for next year.

well with cleary saying buh bye (hopefully after his contract is up this year) that is 2.8 million, plus whites contract is up, unfortunately we still have sammy, bert, quincey, and colo locked up all for at least another year.

well with cleary saying buh bye (hopefully after his contract is up this year) that is 2.8 million, plus whites contract is up, unfortunately we still have sammy, bert, quincey, and colo locked up all for at least another year.

Bert's the only one in there I don't mind. The other three are nothing more than serviceable at the right price. Bert, when healthy, is solid based on his contract. Cleary, he can move on and never return as far as I'm concerned.

That being said, Brunner is likely going to command a raise. Probably not something ridiculous given the sample size is so small, but a raise nonetheless.