• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tim.D

Helm: "Minor Setback", still out indefinitely, *merged*

Rate this topic

03-15-55_darren-helm_original.jpg

Does that chick behind Kronner have a shirt that says Retroit? Really? Is that the extent of Pens fans intelligence? I like Kronner's face though!

edit: It may not be Kronner, but it looks like him...I just don't think he'd be sitting on the Offense side of the bench...

Edited by LeftWinger

Does that chick behind Kronner have a shirt that says Retroit? Really? Is that the extent of Pens fans intelligence? I like Kronner's face though!

edit: It may not be Kronner, but it looks like him...I just don't think he'd be sitting on the Offense side of the bench...

Are you sure that isn't Maltby, or maybe Kopecky?

Any current news on Helm lately?

That being the case, the return of Darren Helm, who looks like he could be back in the Wings’ lineup before next month, could be better than any potential deadline deal.

Helm took a big step last week when he began skating alone in full practice gear for the first time since late January. Tuesday he skated with the team and participated in drills before leaving for western Canada on a three-game road swing through Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver.

“It’s definitely nice to be out there, I can kind of see the end coming close,” Helm said. “I was skating pretty good the previous skates I’ve had. I felt that I could push myself pretty hard out there. I was getting a little tired there in the end since I’ve been out so long I played it smart and got off early.”

“We’re shooting for the next week or so,” Helm said. “A couple weeks ago we kind of said (March) 20 against Minny, not positive how close we were going to be to that. I want to make sure there are no issues with that, with my mind. I want to make sure when I’m out there that’s the furthest thing from my thoughts. I want to be as healthy as I can before I get back out there and not a thought in my mind about it.”

“You can’t just miss a year of hockey, step back into things and be the way you were,” he said. “There’s a lot of things I’ve got to get prepared for. The mental part of the game is really going to be important for me. Just focusing, the pre-game preparation, it’s going to take a while to get back to where I need to be.

“The whole timing part of my game is going to be off for sure. I hope to get it back quick. I’m going to work as hard as I can. I feel like I always try and do that. It just, you lose it really quick. You lose it after a week or two and the time I’ve spent off it’s going to be really hard to get it back.”

It will be great to get Helm back (hated that Holland AGAIN mentioned last night that Helm and Mike Samuelsson could be our deadline acquisition's) in the lineup! Ironic that he is a maybe for Minny this Wednesday since that was the team he came in against this year already. He played great to say the least and so did the Wings that night. Let's hope for the same thing this Wednesday, Helm coming in and the team playing great and knocking the Olsen Twins down a notch...slap *****!

edit: I guess they are at least trying to earn their money out there, they are #1 and #2 in scoring....that hurts a bit. Suter is one point better than Kronwall right now...I still wish we had landed at least Suter...

Edited by LeftWinger

Guest Crymson

edit: I guess they are at least trying to earn their money out there, they are #1 and #2 in scoring....that hurts a bit. Suter is one point better than Kronwall right now...I still wish we had landed at least Suter...

Despite what you've constantly said about Holland supposedly lowballing Suter, the simple fact is that the draw of playing near his home, and with Parise, was the ultimate draw for him.

Also, that contract is ridiculous and is really going to hurt the Wild down the line.

From the official Detroit Red Wings website:

Now, Babcock is confident that Darren Helm, whom the Red Wings’ coach calls, “The best third-line center in the NHL” will be back soon from a lower back injury that has sidelined him for all but one game this year.

“It's going to take Helmer a while but he's a huge factor,” Babcock said. “He flat out can dominate on the bottom six. We look forward to having him back this week.

Edited by Adidarw

Despite what you've constantly said about Holland supposedly lowballing Suter, the simple fact is that the draw of playing near his home, and with Parise, was the ultimate draw for him.

Also, that contract is ridiculous and is really going to hurt the Wild down the line.

I don't recall saying that he lowballed Suter....I do wish we had landed him though. His home is in Wisconsin, his wife's home is in Minny, so we know who wears the (non-hockey) pants in that family! :lol: Ya, it would have been a rough contract to have for 13 years, would have forced Holland to make some changes in order to re-sign Datsyuk, Howard, Brunner, Smith, etc... We probably would have lost Franzine...damn that Mrs. Suter! :ninja:

I get all giggly thinking about seeing 43 back on the ice again. Sadly, i'll have to keep it in mind that he'll probably look horrible the first few games considering he basically hasn't played hockey in a year....BUT HES BACK AND THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS.