• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

#161 Dabura

Dabura

Cake Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,062 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:36 AM

Am I in the wrong in being annoyed with Darren Helm in this situation? (I think I am)

Does he not know his limits? Is he himself the reason for the setback because he pushed himself too hard? Sit until it doesn't hurt....

Stop trying to be Superman.

1. My gut says this isn't a genuine setback, Holland just had him on an unrealistic time table, which has now been adjusted to reflect reality. (Am I the only one who felt Helm's "comeback" seemed to come almost out of nowhere? Like, after having been "We just don't know" for 90 years, suddenly it was "Roundabout 10 days.")

2. Back pain is hell.

3. Even if he has done something to aggravate his condition, I can't say I really blame him. I mean, look at how frustrated we get with this team. Now, imagine being Helm, the team's spark plug, arguably the heart and soul of this team, a guy who can make (and, alas, arguably is making) a huge difference - our *big trade deadline acquisition* (as stupid as that is).

Edited by Dabura, 22 March 2013 - 11:39 AM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#162 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:06 PM

1. My gut says this isn't a genuine setback, Holland just had him on an unrealistic time table, which has now been adjusted to reflect reality. (Am I the only one who felt Helm's "comeback" seemed to come almost out of nowhere? Like, after having been "We just don't know" for 90 years, suddenly it was "Roundabout 10 days.")

2. Back pain is hell.

3. Even if he has done something to aggravate his condition, I can't say I really blame him. I mean, look at how frustrated we get with this team. Now, imagine being Helm, the team's spark plug, arguably the heart and soul of this team, a guy who can make (and, alas, arguably is making) a huge difference - our *big trade deadline acquisition* (as stupid as that is).

So you think Holland made up a time table for Helm's return and not a doctor? Also, I thought back in January it was noted he'd be back in 6-8 weeks. Certainly isn't "out of nowhere."

#163 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:45 PM

Helm may not ever play hockey again at this rate.
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#164 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,367 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:54 PM

It's official, Eaves is the most unlucky man in the world. This is unfortunate, I really like his play as of late.

Rick DiPietro says hi. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#165 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,807 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:00 PM

Rick DiPietro says hi. 

Danger, Will Robinson, Danger!!!!

#166 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,367 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:42 PM

Any new updates? 

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#167 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:00 PM

What did I say about bumping this thread without positive and hopeful remarks? Don't do it! It breaks my heart too damn much :(

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#168 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,876 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

Speaking of speed, I got a speeding ticket that day. I was driving home from work as fast as I could to watch the game. I was getting text messages about the game and couldn't wait to get home. After I got the text Helm made it 2-0, I was pulled over and got the ticket. :innocent:

Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#169 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,934 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:56 PM

part of me wants him back, part of me wants him 100% encase we make the playoffs he would be a HUGE boost

#170 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,359 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:07 PM

helm should buy one:

#171 Dabura

Dabura

Cake Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,062 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:59 PM

So you think Holland made up a time table for Helm's return and not a doctor? Also, I thought back in January it was noted he'd be back in 6-8 weeks. Certainly isn't "out of nowhere."

I think it's possible Holland was a little overly optimistic with the media.

Re: "out of nowhere" - it just felt like nothing was going, nothing was giving...then things seemed to come together very nicely. Which is, I guess, what you might expect. Just a gut feeling. Unfounded/misinformed? Possible.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#172 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,367 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:57 PM

#173 hardcoretom21

hardcoretom21

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:12 AM

The fact is, even if Helm and Bert come back, it would be at least in 2 weeks... And there will be like 7-8 games left? Not enough to get timing back, to get back in shape, especially considering they haven't even started to skate yet!

I am sorry to say this team will need a few trades to get going into the playoffs, but who will be sacrificed???
Only breathing is more important than winning

"For most of a decade, the Wings were the most popular team not just because they won, but also because they won with flair, with speedy Russians and legendary leaders and the occasional willing fighter"