• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Toggers

OHL vs. College Hockey Quality?

Rate this topic

Guest Johnz96

I would argue a lot of those younger CHL'ers are farther along in their development than most older NCAA players despite the fact that they are younger

If what you say is true the next player who goes to the CHL from college shouldn't score a lot more in a league in which scoring is similar. If what you say is true every player that went from D-1 to the CHL shouldn't score so much more in a league in which scoring is similar (GPG) to the one that they came from

Edited by Johnz96

If what you say is true the next player who goes to the CHL from college shouldn't score a lot more in a league in which scoring is similar. If what you say is true every player that went from D-1 to the CHL shouldn't score so much more in a league in which scoring is similar (GPG) to the one that they came from

Again, I would love for you to prove that that is true.

Guest Johnz96

Again, I would love for you to prove that that is true.

There haven't been that many. These are the 4 that come to mind.

Another example is Jamie Olesiak who scored 13 in 38 (.34 PPG) games for Northeastern in 10-11 and then scored 32 points in 58(.55 PPG) games split between Niagara Thunder and Saginaw Spirit in 11-12. A 61% increase in PPG

Show me one that has gone from the D-1 to the CHL that hasn't scored at a much higher clip in jr.

Edited by Johnz96

Guest Johnz96

It's funny you keep avoiding the no touch icing call and no fighting in the NCAA. Yet with the stats you show OMG WITH GOING FROM COLLEGE TO THE MAJOR JUNIORS THE SCORING INCREASES. It doesn't matter whatever Major Junior team it is they play more games. The competition is weaker. Ok. I'll go along with you on that.

Any case against the Great One or Mario compared to any NCAA player? Oh wait don't answer that.

Their points per game increases, that means how many points they average for every game played, so the number of games played is irrelevant.

If a player plays 20 games and and scores 20 points that's a lot more points than a player that played 10 games and scored 11 points but the player that played 10 games had a higher PPG. Thats what I am talking about. Not only do their points increase a lot but more importantly their PPG increases a lot.

Come to think of it I can't think of any who move from the CHL to the NCAA, anybody know of any?

When a player moves from the NCAA to the CHL they are a year better than they were in the NCAA.

Perhaps the older players play better defensively especially with the no fighting and icing

College has gotten better but still does not produce the quantity and caliber of the CHL

Their points per game increases, that means how many points they average for every game played, so the number of games played is irrelevant.

If a player plays 20 games and and scores 20 points that's a lot more points than a player that played 10 games and scored 11 points but the player that played 10 games had a higher PPG. Thats what I am talking about. Not only do their points increase a lot but more importantly their PPG increases a lot.

No s*** sherlock? Tell me what teams in any CHL you watch? Or let alone any NCAA D-I teams you watch?

Please.

And for that matter on both questions of both leagues let's say have you watched of the last 20 years? Just curious.

Guest Johnz96

Come to think of it I can't think of any who move from the CHL to the NCAA, anybody know of any?

When a player moves from the NCAA to the CHL they are a year better than they were in the NCAA.

Perhaps the older players play better defensively especially with the no fighting and icing

College has gotten better but still does not produce the quantity and caliber of the CHL

Because CHL players get payed the NCAA considers them professional and doesn't allow it

Not really. What he's saying isn't against forum rules. Your last couple posts however, have been (I deleted one).

You guys can disagree without the insults.

Fair enough except without the bulls***. You have any say in the matter? You watch any MJ hockey or D-I hockey? Honestly I don't care if you removed a post of mine.

Fair enough. Like Jonhnster9999 you probably watch no D-I hockey or MJ hockey. Cool...

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Guest Johnz96

No s*** sherlock? Tell me what teams in any CHL you watch? Or let alone any NCAA D-I teams you watch?

Please.

And for that matter on both questions of both leagues let's say have you watched of the last 20 years? Just curious.

I've watched about 20 Sault Ste Marie (Sproul) games this year alone and have watched a lot of jr over the years and must admit only watched a few games D-1 hockey ever but the numbers speak for themselves. I have seen D-1 players in the World Jr Championships a lot and they are often 3rd or 4th liners or 3r pair d-men just starting their careers in the NCAA but stars for their national teams playing along side stars from the CHL.

I've watched about 20 Sault Ste Marie (Sproul) games this year alone and have watched a lot of jr over the years and must admit only watched a few games D-1 hockey ever but the numbers speak for themselves. I have seen D-1 players in the World Jr Championships a lot and they are often 3rd or 4th liners or 3r pair d-men just starting their careers in the NCAA but stars for their national teams playing along side stars from the CHL.

That proves everyting to me. Thanks for playing. Night for real this time :D

"THIS YEAR" SAYS IT ALL

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Guest Johnz96

Tyler Biggs is another example scoring 17 points in 37 games for Miami U last year and he has scored 40 in 43 for the Oshawa Generals this year. More than doubling his PPG

Every player thqt has played in both the NCAA and the CHL has scored a lot more in the CHL because the competition is weaker because they are younger kinda like most players that have played in the NHL and the AHL score more in the AHL then they do in the NHL because the competition is weaker in the AHL

Edited by Johnz96

Guest Johnz96

The NCAA doesn't allow players from major jr. to play in the NCAA.

Charlie Coyle and Duncan Keith both moved from the NCAA to the CHL mid season and still more than doubled their PPG in the CHL

Older players do play better defensively but they also play better offensively that's why D-1 averages similar GPG (goals per game) as the CHL yet players that move from the NCAA to the CHL score a LOT more playing jr.

I agree College has gotten better but still does not produce the quantity or caliber of the CHL but college players are bigger, faster, stronger, smarter and much better hockey players than CHL players because they are older and further along in their development. A 21 yr old college player is much better than when he was 18 and an 18 yr old jr player isn't nearly as good as he will be when he is 21.

Not really. What he's saying isn't against forum rules. Your last couple posts however, have been (I deleted one).

You guys can disagree without the insults.

Fair enough except without the bulls***. You have any say in the matter? You watch any MJ hockey or D-I hockey? Honestly I don't care if you removed a post of mine.

Fair enough. Like Jonhnster9999 you probably watch no D-I hockey or MJ hockey. Cool...

I watch a lot of jr hockey.

Edited by Johnz96

Guest Johnz96

Duncan Keith never played in the CHL

In 02-03 Keith played for MSU and scored 9 points in 15 games and then moved mid season to play for the Kelowna Rockets where he scored 46 points in 37 games more than doubling his PPG.

Google it.

Edited by Johnz96

In 02-03 Keith played for MSU and scored 9 points in 15 games and then moved mid season to play for the Kelowna Rockets where he scored 46 points in 37 games more than doubling his PPG.

Google it.

ur rigtht that ones my bad

Guest Johnz96

Wow look at all the top 5 scorers coming out of the NCAA and all the young NCAA players going straight to the NHL

Actually 2 of the top 5 scorers came out of the NCAA and 5 of the top 10 came out of the NCAA. Curiously enough non of the top 10 current scorers came out of Europe except Vanek is European who played in the NCAA

2 of the top 5 current rookie scorers come from the NCAA same as CHL

Actually 2 of the top 5 scorers came out of the NCAA and 5 of the top 10 came out of the NCAA. Curiously enough non of the top 10 current scorers came out of Europe except Vanek is European who played in the NCAA

2 of the top 5 current rookie scorers come from the NCAA same as CHL

Look at the top 5 scorers in the NHL over the last couple years

Guest Johnz96

Look at the top 5 scorers in the NHL over the last couple years

I agree College has gotten better but still does not produce the quantity or caliber of the CHL

I'm sure "hopefully" more people on this website can name more CHL players that have won something compared to any NCAA players. But yet again D-I hockey is better than the CHL? LOLOL.

Honestly not within the last ten years the only 2 good NCAA players I can think of are Ed Belfour and Chris Chelios.

:huh: I am not sure if this statement is a joke or if you are serious...

College Hockey is better overall, as it should be since players are a few years older, it's as simple as that. I guarantee if I played myself in basketball when I was 17-18 I would dominate since I'm stronger, faster and definitely smarter. It's amazing seeing the mental mistakes you make in athletics when you're a teenager, huge difference year by year IMO