• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Toggers

OHL vs. College Hockey Quality?

Rate this topic

Guest Johnz96

It would be fun to see the NCAA Champion play the Memorial Cup champion to be the "Best major junior hockey team in North America." Get Tim Horton's or something to sponsor it.

It would be fun for the college players and their fans but an embarrassment for the jrs.

Edited by Johnz96

Guest Johnz96

Because an 20 yr old Duncan Keith is better than a 19 yr old Duncan Keith

As I have already pointed out to you Keith left college mid season. He scored 9 points in 15 games for MSU in 02-03 and

switched to jr mid-season and scored 46 points in 37 games for the Kelowna Rockets in 02-03

Other players have left mid season as well and they all have scored a LOT more in jr.

Often times jrs and college players score less in subsequent years (Nyquist is an example scored more as a sophmore than he did as a jr.) but never if they are moving from college to jr.

As I have already pointed out to you Keith left college mid season. He scored 9 points in 15 games for MSU in 02-03 and

switched to jr mid-season and scored 46 points in 37 games for the Kelowna Rockets in 02-03

Other players have left mid season as well and they all have scored a LOT more in jr.

Often times jrs and college players score less in subsequent years (Nyquist is an example scored more as a sophmore than he did as a jr.) but never if they are moving from college to jr.

Keith exponentially skyrocketed as a player extremely quickly.

He never spent more than 2 years in one league besides the NHL.

Plus he went from MSU to Kelowna. Kelowna won the championship that year.

HAHA this is some funny chit!!!! Keep it up!!!

Crosby's Oceanic had 2 NHL regulars on the team, himself and Marc Antoine Pouliot, of the rest of the team only 7 even made it as far as the AHL with the majority finishing their hockey careers playing either Canadian University hockey or a local semi-pro league in Quebec. A Couple went back to Europe without making a dent in North American Pro Hockey.

The 2005/2006 University of North Dakota had NHLer's Matt Smaby, Taylor Chorney, Brian Lee, Travis Zajac, Drew Stafford, TJ Oshie and Jonathan Toews. There were also a couple of guys who made it to the NHL for at least a few games including a 6'7, 233lb Joe Finley, Chris Porter, and Matt Watkins. The majority of the rest of the team finished their careers or are still playing in the ECHL, with a few excelling in Europe.

That line-up would absolutely destroy Rimouski, especially so considering they were all a couple years older than the majority of Rimouski's line-up.

As a parent I would always send my kid the NCAA route. Even if my kid was Crosby. You just never know how someone will pan out, e.g. Daigle. Much better to have an education to fall back on... plus it's good to have a college education, even if you never need to formally use it.

For every year you play at least 1 game in the CHL you are given a credit to use for a year of Post Secondary Education, including tuition, books, and all student fees.

You may not get that education until your career is over, but the CHL has a very good education program that hardly anyone knows about.

Edited by FlashyG

Crosby's Oceanic had 2 NHL regulars on the team, himself and Marc Antoine Pouliot, of the rest of the team only 7 even made it as far as the AHL with the majority finishing their hockey careers playing either Canadian University hockey or a local semi-pro league in Quebec. A Couple went back to Europe without making a dent in North American Pro Hockey.

The 2005/2006 University of North Dakota had NHLer's Matt Smaby, Taylor Chorney, Brian Lee, Travis Zajac, Drew Stafford, TJ Oshie and Jonathan Toews. There were also a couple of guys who made it to the NHL for at least a few games including a 6'7, 233lb Joe Finley, Chris Porter, and Matt Watkins. The majority of the rest of the team finished their careers or are still playing in the ECHL, with a few excelling in Europe.

That line-up would absolutely destroy Rimouski, especially so considering they were all a couple years older than the majority of Rimouski's line-up.

For every year you play at least 1 game in the CHL you are given a credit to use for a year of Post Secondary Education, including tuition, books, and all student fees.

You may not get that education until your career is over, but the CHL has a very good education program that hardly anyone knows about.

Ya don't say, never knew that

I was listening to ESPN radio the other day, and they were talking about the NBA wanting to make it easier for students to get drafted and a caller brought up that very same point. The hosts seemed to like the idea, it gives the kids a safety net if their careers as pro hockey players don't pan out, and gives them an incentive to stay a ltitle longer in college to develop.

I hate to bump this subject back to the first page, but yesterday I watched two games: Rimouski v. Moncton and Ferris State v. Michigan... I have to say in these two examples only, the quality of play swayed more towards the CCHA game. Just my opinion from watching both games... These two games are just a small sampling of the two leagues, but for me, the CCHA game was much better and more entertaining....and I am a MSU fan, so its not just a Wolverine thing...