• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Konnan511

Future Wings with International Experience.

Rate this topic

Both Bäckman and Järnkrok chosen to the Swedish national team roster for next week's tournament.

Those two just keep getting better and better. Plus, we still have guys in juniors that have international experience as well as in the AHL and select European leagues as well.

Some exciting prospects that we will all enjoy soon enough are playing beastly outside North America.

Can't wait to see these guys when the Griffins come out and play the Abbottsford Heat in B.C. in March. (About an hour from me)

We should have an LGW Prospects Watch meet at the game. Maybe even do dinner before the game so someone more in the know can brief me on the prospects.

I just can't get excited about a 5-10/160 C.

Kronwall used to be like 95 lbs....now he Kronwalls. Jarnkrok will be fine. He'll hit the gym hard this summer when he comes to North America and he'll be up to 190 lbs by start of season next year. Plus his nickname is Ironhook...that's just badass.

The problem is that we have too many undersized, skill players, not that he or anyone else happens to be undersized individually. A little diversity in the farm system wouldn't hurt.

Totally understood. I wouldn't have cited Igor as an example if Richdg would have added "at this time" or words to that effect to the end of the statement. But, you are correct. We could use (need) more size in the lineup. Balance is essential.

Totally understood. I wouldn't have cited Igor as an example if Richdg would have added "at this time" or words to that effect to the end of the statement. But, you are correct. We could use (need) more size in the lineup. Balance is essential.

Sheahan - 6'2" 212

Jurco - 6'2" 193

Sproul - 6'3" 186

Andersson - 6'2" 206

Backman - 6'2" 169

Tvrdon - 6'2" 217

Aubry - 6'4" 205

Marchenko - 6'2" 183

Bodin - 6'6" 207

De Haas - 6'2" 193

Lashoff - 6'3" 212

McKee - 6'4" 232

Nicastro - 6'2" 210

Nedomlel - 6'4" 202

Nestrasil - 6'2" 200

Parkes - 6'2" 188

Not worried

Sheahan - 6'2" 212

Jurco - 6'2" 193

Sproul - 6'3" 186

Andersson - 6'2" 206

Backman - 6'2" 169

Tvrdon - 6'2" 217

Aubry - 6'4" 205

Marchenko - 6'2" 183

Bodin - 6'6" 207

De Haas - 6'2" 193

Lashoff - 6'3" 212

McKee - 6'4" 232

Nicastro - 6'2" 210

Nedomlel - 6'4" 202

Nestrasil - 6'2" 200

Parkes - 6'2" 188

Not worried

With the exception of Lashoff, those are all players of the future (maybe). Were talking about the present. "Live in the now, man!" LOL

The problem is that we have too many undersized, skill players, not that he or anyone else happens to be undersized individually. A little diversity in the farm system wouldn't hurt.

Like a 6' 200 lbs Mitch Callahan, 6'2" 207 Joakim Anderson, 6'2" 212 Riley Sheahan, 6'4" 208 Louis-Marc Aubry, or 6'2" Tomas Jurco in GR? Maybe add a 6' 193 Martin Frk, 6'2" 217 Marek Tvrdon, 6'2" 200 Andrej Nestrasil, or 6'6" 207 Rasmus Bodin to that list? And that's just on the forward front.

Time will tell how they all develop but overall, I think Kenny & the staff have been doing a pretty bang up job in mixing in more size to the prospect pool in the last few drafts.

Sheahan - 6'2" 212

Jurco - 6'2" 193

Sproul - 6'3" 186

Andersson - 6'2" 206

Backman - 6'2" 169

Tvrdon - 6'2" 217

Aubry - 6'4" 205

Marchenko - 6'2" 183

Bodin - 6'6" 207

De Haas - 6'2" 193

Lashoff - 6'3" 212

McKee - 6'4" 232

Nicastro - 6'2" 210

Nedomlel - 6'4" 202

Nestrasil - 6'2" 200

Parkes - 6'2" 188

Not worried

Have you seen any of those guys play? I have. Well some of them. Nicastro can't get any PT at GR. They keep signing guys to tryout contracts and keep him on the bench. Aubry has like 4 points in 40 games as a C/W. Not very good at all. Nestrasil was so good at GR they sent him back to Toledo. Most of the rest have yet to even play a pro game. Now maybe some work out. But if we get 3 off of that list, we will be lucky. We already have 1-lashoff. Prospects are just that. Potential. But untill they DO they are nothing.

Lol. The RW's own website has him listed at 156 pounds!

http://redwings.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8475714

BTW, for those throwing out igor, you realize that was almost 20 years ago now. he was considered small then.

In Russia, Igor throws YOU out.

Forgive me, but I don't understand your angle. I was using Igor as an example of an "undersized" center by comparison. An undersized HHOF center.

Like a 6' 200 lbs Mitch Callahan, 6'2" 207 Joakim Anderson, 6'2" 212 Riley Sheahan, 6'4" 208 Louis-Marc Aubry, or 6'2" Tomas Jurco in GR? Maybe add a 6' 193 Martin Frk, 6'2" 217 Marek Tvrdon, 6'2" 200 Andrej Nestrasil, or 6'6" 207 Rasmus Bodin to that list? And that's just on the forward front.

Time will tell how they all develop but overall, I think Kenny & the staff have been doing a pretty bang up job in mixing in more size to the prospect pool in the last few drafts.

Oh my gosh. I REALLY hope Rasmus Bodin makes it to the big club. I hope he becomes the next most feared player. "Rasmus The Destroyer"! Not since "The Vladinator" has Detroit possessed such a being.

I know that these days nobody wants to get "Kronwalled", but I really miss having such a force.

How many of those North American players do you see getting called up anytime soon. Actually, how many of those players you listed are North Americans?

Hell, I've been wondering if Callahan will ever get called up to play numerous games.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Not worried

Have you seen any of those guys play? I have. Well some of them. Nicastro can't get any PT at GR. They keep signing guys to tryout contracts and keep him on the bench. Aubry has like 4 points in 40 games as a C/W. Not very good at all. Nestrasil was so good at GR they sent him back to Toledo. Most of the rest have yet to even play a pro game. Now maybe some work out. But if we get 3 off of that list, we will be lucky. We already have 1-lashoff. Prospects are just that. Potential. But untill they DO they are nothing.

But to address the "little diversity in the farm system" comment that was brought up, currently on the GR roster:

• 7 of 11 forwards (not counting Hoggan & Grant) are listed at 6'+.
  • The 4 remaining are your "next-up forwards" in Nyquist & Tatar, Francis Pare, & Luke Glendening who I really wouldn't call a prospect, certainly not one with any expectations to make the big club.

So really 70% of the Wing's forward prospects in GR don't project out to that typical 5'10" 160-180 lbs under-sized skill player. Now adding in prospects outside of GR:

• "Under-sized skilled" adds Jarnkrok (5'11"), Pulkkinen (5'11")
  • 6'+ adds Frk (6'), Tvrdon (6'2"), Athanasiou (6'), Quine (6'), Bodin (6'6"), Hudon (6'), Nestasil (6'2"), and maybe Parkes (6'1")

Quite a bit more size in the farm team with the past few drafts then the Wings typically have imo

And since you asked, GMR.... North Americans includes Sheahan, Pare, Callahan, Aubry, Ferraro, & Raedeke in GR. Outside of that, you have Athanasiou, Hudon, Parkes, & Quine who are all 6'+, And just my opinion, but the next ones that will see time in Detroit after Nyquist & Tatar will be Sheahan, Andersson, & Ferraro in that order.

I will add though that the Wing's two best hitters in the forward ranks are listed at 5'11" & 5'9" respectively, so ya never know.

Edited by ogreslayer

Sheahan - 6'2" 212

Jurco - 6'2" 193

Sproul - 6'3" 186

Andersson - 6'2" 206

Backman - 6'2" 169

Tvrdon - 6'2" 217

Aubry - 6'4" 205

Marchenko - 6'2" 183

Bodin - 6'6" 207

De Haas - 6'2" 193

Lashoff - 6'3" 212

McKee - 6'4" 232

Nicastro - 6'2" 210

Nedomlel - 6'4" 202

Nestrasil - 6'2" 200

Parkes - 6'2" 188

Not worried

What are you arguing against/about? Someone said something about not having size in the prospect pool, which isn't true, so I listed our sizable prospects.

If you wanna show off your amateur scouting skills go to the prospects watch forum or something

What are you arguing against/about? Someone said something about not having size in the prospect pool, which isn't true, so I listed our sizable prospects.

If you wanna show off your amateur scouting skills go to the prospects watch forum or something

Hey we agree on something. This thread-I am as guitly as anyone, got derailed...... LOL

How many of those North American players do you see getting called up anytime soon. Actually, how many of those players you listed are North Americans?

Hell, I've been wondering if Callahan will ever get called up to play numerous games.

He's stepped up his offensive production recently. Next year, Callahan could be called up if the Wings want more toughness or Tootoo is out for any period of time.

He's stepped up his offensive production recently. Next year, Callahan could be called up if the Wings want more toughness or Tootoo is out for any period of time.

as long as he knocks off his knack for taking stupid penalties, then yes

Also, congrats on derailing the thread (not you) everyone. I'm excited about our prospect pool, I hope everyone is as well. We have speed, experience, size, and toughness coming through our ranks.

Edited by Konnan511