• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

1/29 GDT : Stars 1 at Red Wings 4

Rate this topic

He's struggling at getting pucks through screens on the powerplay. Listrom was a master at that.

Not having that has really hurt this powerplay.

Rafalski too.

And they were both smart enough to fire it wide when there when the center lane was blocked, knowing it would kick out off the boards.

They're in 9th, we're in 8th.. I'd say as far as the standings go, the Wings have been quite average as well.

Great game tonight. These are the games we have to win. Dallas is an average/below average team, and they are tired. Beating teams like this at home is a most if we are to make the payoffs.

No way the Stars win again at The Joe. Despite the jokes and the "oh woe is us" attitude on the borad the first 5 games, I think, other than the game in St. Louis, we are playing well and this team is entertaining to watch.

4-1 Wings.

Oh look who got the score correct tonight.

Again, I really like this team. They work hard, and have a lot of grit. Take away the 1st game (that's not our team), and we're 3-1-1. Hopefully we can take advantage of a tired Blues team on Friday.

Gotta love the 3 stars giving away signed sticks, very classy. I've had such great experiences at The Joe when I go to games, and seeing the players giving away sticks like that, I'm convinced Detroit has the best arena experience in the league. It's called Hockeytown for a reason, and anyone who doesn't like it, can "Suck it"!

Edit: When we move into a new arena, we're really going to lose a lot of character.

Edited by Barrie

I dont get the Kronwall hate...at least when Ericsson is on this roster.

That.guy.is.terrible.

I cant believe how little he's learned, even with years next to Lidstrom. Guy doesnt use his body, his stick, or his head. Im baffled by his contract extension.

I dont get the Kronwall hate...at least when Ericsson is on this roster.

That.guy.is.terrible.

I cant believe how little he's learned, even with years next to Lidstrom. Guy doesnt use his body, his stick, or his head. Im baffled by his contract extension.

i wouldn't say that i have any kronwall hate but he had some of the highest expectations coming into the season as the new #1 guy and so far he has been a pretty big disappointment....

from not hitting the net, to taking bad penalties, to clean giveaway passes. i like the guy as a player, he's been one of my favorite dmen for years, but something isn't right with him so far this season. I'm sure he'll turn it around but so far, he's been disappointing.

Not sure if this has been posted yet but here's Tootoo's first fight. I hadn't seen it because I only caught the third period.

What's with the refs jumping in so fast??

And his second fight.

So far he's squaring up when he fights, bringing energy, hitting guys, no cheap stuff... I'm coming around on Tootoo.

Kronwall has been brutal and is our highest paid defenseman. Ericsson just got back from injury and still isn't making mistakes over and over again like Kronwall. Ericsson doesn't stand out and make great flashy plays but he is steady and that's what we need.