• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

1/29 GDT : Stars 1 at Red Wings 4

Rate this topic

Not sure if this has been posted yet but here's Tootoo's first fight. I hadn't seen it because I only caught the third period.

What's with the refs jumping in so fast??

And his second fight.

I gotta say at first I was mortified when we signed him, but now he's definitely growing on me- that little SOB gives it his all; kinda reminds me of Pat Verbeek, aka the little ball of hate, maybe we can call Tootoo Hate Ball, Jr.

Hopefully I'm not reading too much into it, but minus a few hiccups (like Kronners looking a little off), thought this game was a real step in the right direction for this team this year. At least moving into the right direction as far as having an identity and some chemistry in the play.

Also very glad Bert is okay.

LGW.

Well, looks like we're settling into a sloppy joe with brilliant flashes of Datsyuk passing style hockey. Let's keep on growing. I'm still digging Tootoo and the fourth line. Boy is everyone in that stadium glad we got him. The guy is made for Detroit.

Kronner was a little all over the place tonight - that for me, shows he is stepping out of his comfort zone and trying to do more for the team. I think tonight he tried to do a little too much out there at times, but he is showing a willingness to be "the guy" on D and I like the effort he has shown. He will settle in soon.

I said earlier in another thread that Tootoo will become a fan favorite, it's happening people..it's happening!!!!!!

I think Tootoo is very quickly going to become a fan favorite. One of those guys you love on your team but hate to play against.

Edited by SaCkaveli20

Not sure if this has been posted yet but here's Tootoo's first fight. I hadn't seen it because I only caught the third period.

So far he's squaring up when he fights, bringing energy, hitting guys, no cheap stuff... I'm coming around on Tootoo.

I am coming around a bit as well. It has been tough the last 5-6 years, as some of the players that I hated most have joined the team (Bertuzzi, Drake, Tootoo). The biggest thing that has impressed me is when he pulls up on dangerous hits. Like tonight - he could have had a very dirty, from behind hit on the defenseman. Instead of ending the guy's career he pulled up and skated right past him to stay in the play. Love the energy- and I am even more glad the man is more than a mindless, headhunting, cheapshotting douchnozzle. If he keeps this up during the remainder of his contract years, he will be more effective than some of our previous spark plugs.

As long as the Wings dont sign Jarkko Ruutuu or Matt Cooke I will be okay.

And his second fight.

So far he's squaring up when he fights, bringing energy, hitting guys, no cheap stuff... I'm coming around on Tootoo.

if they didn't stop the first fight when they did, toots wouldve turned that stars jersey red.

Edited by amato

Nah...we can't use a player like Tootoo, he will bring nothing to this team.....

There is still room on the train guys, hop aboard!

I hated him in Nashville. After about ten minutes of processing the signing I loved it and knew he would be a fan favorite. Aside from dropping the gloves, the dude straight hustles and gives his all every single shift. He brings a lot of energy and gets the crowd into it. More than anything, the dude was estatic about being a Wing from day one. It says a lot coming from a team who has had little brother syndrome throughout their whole existence.

I hated him in Nashville. After about ten minutes of processing the signing I loved it and knew he would be a fan favorite. Aside from dropping the gloves, the dude straight hustles and gives his all every single shift. He brings a lot of energy and gets the crowd into it. More than anything, the dude was estatic about being a Wing from day one. It says a lot coming from a team who has had little brother syndrome throughout their whole existence.

I think what makes him great to have on our team is that his tenacity is working for us instead of against us. He clearly does his job right, he's a pest. Now he's our pest. He's been fun to watch and I'm glad we have him.

Guest Crymson

Good game by everyone except Cleary. That two-minute+ shift was entirely on his shoulders for giving away the puck three times in a row.

The guy was one of my favorites, but he is horrific now.

I dont get the Kronwall hate...at least when Ericsson is on this roster.

That.guy.is.terrible.

I cant believe how little he's learned, even with years next to Lidstrom. Guy doesnt use his body, his stick, or his head. Im baffled by his contract extension.

... he's the most important d-man on the PK.

Got home from work just after 10 and put the game on right away, wow was I impressed with the way we played tonight. Brunner looked a little more comfortable out there, nice to see him crashing the night and playing homers role when no one else is, good tip in. Flip finally scores one after hitting multiple posts and getting robbed oh so many times and then makes it two, both from beautiful pasha feeds. not worried about kronner, he will settle down, he is just trying to expand his game more, give him a few more games and he will look much better. Ericsson didn't look all that bad considering he is still getting settled after the injury. All in all our offense was great, good pressure, but our defense looked scrambled at times (diving around for the puck a lot) but I think they will be ok they looked much more confident and solid today. Bring on the Blues!

Some thoughts:

-Good job by Tootoo to set the tone off the opening draw. The refs had to save Nystrom.

-Brunner looks like he's starting to comfortable out there.

-I still like Kent Huskins in our top 6.

-Filppula has looked better the last couple of games.

-Brendan Dillon should've taken his visor off before fighting Tootoo. Pretty annoying when guys neglect to when they're squaring up. Pretty good fight between the two.

Guest RedWingsDad

I said earlier in another thread that Tootoo will become a fan favorite, it's happening people..it's happening!!!!!!

What will cement Tootoo as an all time legend in fans eyes, even if he were to get traded the very next day.... is if he absolutely beat the snot out of Weber the first game we play the Preds. Someone needs to.

Edited by RedWingsDad