• Please log in to reply
468 replies to this topic

#421 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

Go figure that our defense is one of our strong suits while our offense has been the one struggling this season. JHowwww has been marvelous as well.

Keep it rolling boys.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#422 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,876 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

No way the Stars win again at The Joe. Despite the jokes and the "oh woe is us" attitude on the borad the first 5 games, I think, other than the game in St. Louis, we are playing well and this team is entertaining to watch.

4-1 Wings.

Oh look who got the score correct tonight.

Again, I really like this team. They work hard, and have a lot of grit. Take away the 1st game (that's not our team), and we're 3-1-1. Hopefully we can take advantage of a tired Blues team on Friday.

Gotta love the 3 stars giving away signed sticks, very classy. I've had such great experiences at The Joe when I go to games, and seeing the players giving away sticks like that, I'm convinced Detroit has the best arena experience in the league. It's called Hockeytown for a reason, and anyone who doesn't like it, can "Suck it"!

Edit: When we move into a new arena, we're really going to lose a lot of character.

Edited by Barrie, 29 January 2013 - 10:21 PM.

Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#423 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

I dont get the Kronwall hate...at least when Ericsson is on this roster.

That.guy.is.terrible.

I cant believe how little he's learned, even with years next to Lidstrom. Guy doesnt use his body, his stick, or his head. Im baffled by his contract extension.

#424 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

I dont get the Kronwall hate...at least when Ericsson is on this roster.

That.guy.is.terrible.

I cant believe how little he's learned, even with years next to Lidstrom. Guy doesnt use his body, his stick, or his head. Im baffled by his contract extension.

i wouldn't say that i have any kronwall hate but he had some of the highest expectations coming into the season as the new #1 guy and so far he has been a pretty big disappointment....

from not hitting the net, to taking bad penalties, to clean giveaway passes. i like the guy as a player, he's been one of my favorite dmen for years, but something isn't right with him so far this season. I'm sure he'll turn it around but so far, he's been disappointing. 

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#425 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,550 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

Not sure if this has been posted yet but here's Tootoo's first fight.  I hadn't seen it because I only caught the third period. 

What's with the refs jumping in so fast??

And his second fight.

So far he's squaring up when he fights, bringing energy, hitting guys, no cheap stuff...   I'm coming around on Tootoo.

#426 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,800 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

Kronwall has been brutal and is our highest paid defenseman. Ericsson just got back from injury and still isn't making mistakes over and over again like Kronwall. Ericsson doesn't stand out and make great flashy plays but he is steady and that's what we need.

#427 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,001 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:31 PM

lolz @ girl fanning herself after receiving Filppula stick

You don't want to see what I'd do.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#428 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

Not sure if this has been posted yet but here's Tootoo's first fight.  I hadn't seen it because I only caught the third period. 

And his second fight.

I gotta say at first I was mortified when we signed him, but now he's definitely growing on me- that little SOB gives it his all; kinda reminds me of Pat Verbeek, aka the little ball of hate, maybe we can call Tootoo Hate Ball, Jr.

#429 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,934 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

good solid win wings

fairly impressive even if it was against a tired stars team.

keep getting those points

#430 Ram

Ram

Goose

• Bronze Booster
  • 753 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

Hopefully I'm not reading too much into it, but minus a few hiccups (like Kronners looking a little off), thought this game was a real step in the right direction for this team this year. At least moving into the right direction as far as having an identity and some chemistry in the play.

Also very glad Bert is okay.

LGW.

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#431 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

uRdLE0e.jpg

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#432 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

Well, looks like we're settling into a sloppy joe with brilliant flashes of Datsyuk passing style hockey. Let's keep on growing. I'm still digging Tootoo and the fourth line. Boy is everyone in that stadium glad we got him. The guy is made for Detroit.

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#433 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,360 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

Kronner was a little all over the place tonight - that for me, shows he is stepping out of his comfort zone and trying to do more for the team. I think tonight he tried to do a little too much out there at times, but he is showing a willingness to be "the guy" on D and I like the effort he has shown. He will settle in soon. 

#434 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,587 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

lolz @ girl fanning herself after receiving Filppula stick

That sounded super dirty lol.

Glad they pulled this one out!

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#435 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,360 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

#436 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,250 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

Nah...we can't use a player like Tootoo, he will bring nothing to this team.....

There is still room on the train guys, hop aboard!

Laugh it up, delete it all, I'll be laughing when it happens! -4/17/14

#437 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

I said earlier in another thread that Tootoo will become a fan favorite, it's happening people..it's happening!!!!!!

I think Tootoo is very quickly going to become a fan favorite. One of those guys you love on your team but hate to play against.

Edited by SaCkaveli20, 29 January 2013 - 10:48 PM.

#438 swedishconnection

swedishconnection

Conn Smythe - as predicted since 2006

• PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

So far he's squaring up when he fights, bringing energy, hitting guys, no cheap stuff...   I'm coming around on Tootoo.

I am coming around a bit as well. It has been tough the last 5-6 years, as some of the players that I hated most have joined the team (Bertuzzi, Drake, Tootoo). The biggest thing that has impressed me is when he pulls up on dangerous hits. Like tonight - he could have had a very dirty, from behind hit on the defenseman. Instead of ending the guy's career he pulled up and skated right past him to stay in the play. Love the energy- and I am even more glad the man is more than a mindless, headhunting, cheapshotting douchnozzle. If he keeps this up during the remainder of his contract years, he will be more effective than some of our previous spark plugs.

As long as the Wings dont sign Jarkko Ruutuu or Matt Cooke I will be okay.
Mickey is one of the only colour commentators I've heard that gets angry when his team gets a powerplay as a result of a crap call from an official.

-Hockeytown0001

#439 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

And his second fight.

if they didn't stop the first fight when they did, toots wouldve turned that stars jersey red. 

Edited by amato, 29 January 2013 - 10:44 PM.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#440 arag

arag

2nd Line Scorer

• HoF Booster
  • 639 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:52 PM

Nice win ! Lets get the next one. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD