• Please log in to reply
468 replies to this topic

#161 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,424 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:26 PM

Especially when he knew all the punches would be coming upward from below!

Dillon connected on a lot of those upper cuts and rocked Tootoo, but then Toots frikin refocussed instantly and kept it a fight.  At 5'8, he's all balls  and biceps!

I thought a lot of the upper cuts went into Tootoo's chest, but I'll have to watch it again.

#162 lacrossekid2

lacrossekid2

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

I've got the game! Go DirecTv

Lead Writer for http://awinninghabit.com and lead NHL writer for http://fansided.com

#163 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

WOW customers that are pissed about missing the game, let WOW know how you feel.  You can't call them because their phones go to a busy signal, but you can let them know on their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook...owbuzz?filter=2

Who do I let know that gamecenter live has an apparent rolling blackout going on right now with about half the games? My game cut off with five minutes left. Luckily, the feed comes back on during commercials....
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#164 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

Loved the 2nd Tootoo fight.

I always wondered why more players don't fight like that.  I always though being that in a hockey fight it is hard to land a head shot, and even if you do, it is easy for the player receiving the shot to simply turn his head causing you to punch his helmet and f*** up your hand, why wouldn't you go for the body? 

Anyone that has even been in a real fight  knows that rib and kidney shots hurt like a *****.  Surprised we don't see more of these type of fights, especially from smalled cats like Tootoo.

And you know it was effective. because you could just see the cat Tootoo was hitting start wincing when he started getting punched to the armpit, ribs and kidneys, and he flipped out and started to retaliate in kind.

Probably has to do with padding.  Although, there have been certain fighters in the past that have used body shots more than others.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#165 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

Our defense has looked extremely good ever since game one. Our offense, still, hasn't dome anything impressive.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#166 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

Probably has to do with padding.  Although, there have been certain fighters in the past that have used body shots more than others.  

Thats the "***** in the armor" as it were though.  Remember last game when Mule took a stick to the ribs and stright went down for like a whole minute?  And that didn''t even look like that hard of a stick, just that it hit right in the ribs where there is no real padding. 

Edit:  WOW....  the curse filter here is completely out of hand apparantly.  I assume you all are aware of the completely unoffensive phrase I was referring to though.

Edited by sleepwalker, 29 January 2013 - 08:34 PM.

#167 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,563 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

Well done Hockeytown0001 - looks great!

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#168 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

Hey st michael, today would be a perfect time for you to prove me wrong! Dallas is a few seconds away from not converting on a 5-3!

We will see if it costs them. We will see shall we?

#169 zztop40

zztop40

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

Not sure what's going on with this FoxD+(Directv #664-1) the picture is great but I have the volume up @ 70% -  switched channels just about blew me out the room....Weird

#170 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

Our defense has looked extremely good ever since game one. Our offense, still, hasn't dome anything impressive.

since after game one* ....is what I would say. game one was god awful, offense and defense.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#171 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

We will see if it costs them. We will see shall we?

Hope so.

That was the hit of the week on NHL network

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#172 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,620 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

PP. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#173 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

Decent PP pressure there

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#174 gowings00

gowings00

No Talent Goon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

Booooooooo

#175 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

No freaking way.... What a save

-Buppy

#176 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

C'mon!

"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#177 Dave

Dave

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Anyone else having problems with game center?

If anyone was thinking of buying it, don't. They have a lot of problems.

#178 lacrossekid2

lacrossekid2

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 50 posts

How did that not go in?

Lead Writer for http://awinninghabit.com and lead NHL writer for http://fansided.com

#179 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,620 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:45 PM

Wow

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#180 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

Hope so.

That was the hit of the week on NHL network

Was it I don't have cable.