• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DSM

Kindl's future...

Rate this topic

It's sad to see Lashoff being sent down. I question the organizations ability handle young talent.

If Babcock was the coach in 2002, do you think Datsyuk would have been sent down?

Where did it say Lashoff got sent back to GR? I think he's just going to be a healthy scratch.

And to answer your question:

No, Franzen could've been sent down in 05/06 and was on the team all year, and Babcock was coach.

It's sad to see Lashoff being sent down. I question the organizations ability handle young talent.

If Babcock was the coach in 2002, do you think Datsyuk would have been sent down?

I don't get it. Lashoff is playing good and he gets sent down. Quincey plays atrocious and gets to start every night.

Babs has a history of trying to squeeze blood from a stone. All the time he's trying to make guys into what they aren't. If you don't want to use guys in the roles that got them to the NHL in the first place, then you're not typically going to have great success in their development. Kindl was drafted as a puck moving, offensive minded, defenseman. If you ask him to be a stay at home, shutdown, type, and judge him according to that standard, you'll be disappointed and he'll me incorrectly utilized. Use him as he ought to be used, or trade him for a stay at home guy.

I may have skimmed over it by accident, but I don't see anywhere in either of these articles that says Lashoff will be "sent down". Just scratched for one game.

Lol. Thank you. My question was out of sarcasm, because I too didn't see it.

I don't think Lashoff will be "sent down" until one of either White or Colaiacovo come off of IR.

Edited by DSM

Babs has a history of trying to squeeze blood from a stone. All the time he's trying to make guys into what they aren't. If you don't want to use guys in the roles that got them to the NHL in the first place, then you're not typically going to have great success in their development. Kindl was drafted as a puck moving, offensive minded, defenseman. If you ask him to be a stay at home, shutdown, type, and judge him according to that standard, you'll be disappointed and he'll me incorrectly utilized. Use him as he ought to be used, or trade him for a stay at home guy.

From the sound of the second article, it seems Babcock will be giving Kindl an opportunity to show us his offensive abilities tonight. Lashoff is scratched for Kindl to allegedly get the power play going. He's also been paired with Huskins, who's been about as responsible defensively as you could ask a guy to be. Kindl's chance is tonight, and I don't think it will be there for long, because Lashoff wasn't sent back to GR.

Guest The Axe

Kindl should be given a full season and consistent spot now.

Quincey wont be sent down or scratched with a 3.5 million contract. No way.

I know people on here (and certainly posters on Mlive) don't want to hear it, but barring more injuries Lashoff will be back in GR at some point this season. The Red Wings have 9 dmen on the team and the easiest one to move off the roster is Lashoff, and that move involves the fact that he is the only one that is waiver exempt.

However, if you are patient I'll put a large wager on the fact that Lashoff's play so far this season has made him a lock to stay on the big club when he is no longer waiver exempt next season.

If you aren't patient. Make some trades on NHL13 so that he can fit on the 23 man roster, and then post them as "proposals" in the rumors section.

I am fine with playing Kindl. he needs to play so we knwo if he has a future with us or not. Q should be on the bench though, not lashoff. Once White comes back healthy and no further injuries, buyout quincey. it was a mistake to resign him. Time to man up and admit it, so we all can move on.

I don't get it. Lashoff is playing good and he gets sent down. Quincey plays atrocious and gets to start every night.

While I don't disagree from what I've seen of Quincey's play, it sounds like Babcock is really pushing to get the PP going, so Kindl and Quincey over Lashoff.

Kindl should be given a full season and consistent spot now.

Quincey wont be sent down or scratched with a 3.5 million contract. No way.

Why should he be given anything?

Kindl has had a lot of chances to earn a permanent roster spot, like last season when he couldn't even hold one over Commie.

I don't know that he wants him to be a stay at home, shutdown guy. The Wings have enough of that. I'm guessing he just wants Kindl to stop bailing out of a play when he's about to get hit and play up to his level of ability.

He looked like he was starting to get it together last season but then went back to his old ways, avoiding getting hit, just banging the puck up off the glass to try and clear the zone when there's any pressure.

Like I've said before, Kindl is 6'3" and 216 lbs. The only people bigger than him on the Wings blueline are Ericsson and Huskins, but he plays like he's Hudler size, not just in dishing out punishment but also in his willingess to take it

I understand the hate on Quincey for the first few games, but the last 2 games I was impressed with him. Using his body, getting people to the ice, clearing the crease, and he even backchecked to prevent a goal a time or two. His improvement was day and night during the past 2 games. If all of you are going to judge players from 3 game samples, you're going to have a really bad time. Lashoff isn't being sent down, he's simply being scratched for kindl to actually SHOW that he can do something. The organization has given him chance after chance, and unfortunately I feel like his time here is being shortened by the minute, especially in the 48 game season. Lashoff may be sent down the GR, but we need to understand that's how it's supposed to happen. We got lucky by Lashoff's play, we didn't expect him to come in the big show and show cool, collective, poise handling, safe plays, etc. He's waiver exempt, and we sure as hell aren't going to start losing pieces to waivers in a time like this. PACKAGE PACKAGE PACKAGE.

I am fine with playing Kindl. he needs to play so we knwo if he has a future with us or not. Q should be on the bench though, not lashoff. Once White comes back healthy and no further injuries, buyout quincey. it was a mistake to resign him. Time to man up and admit it, so we all can move on.

Won't happen this season. Teams had to use their one accelerated buyout prior to the start of the season. If Q's bought out, it will have to be this summer.

Won't happen this season. Teams had to use their one accelerated buyout prior to the start of the season. If Q's bought out, it will have to be this summer.

And also, if Quincey really had to be out of the picture we could probably get atleast a roster player or a couple picks for him in a trade.

I know people on here (and certainly posters on Mlive) don't want to hear it, but barring more injuries Lashoff will be back in GR at some point this season. The Red Wings have 9 dmen on the team and the easiest one to move off the roster is Lashoff, and that move involves the fact that he is the only one that is waiver exempt.

However, if you are patient I'll put a large wager on the fact that Lashoff's play so far this season has made him a lock to stay on the big club when he is no longer waiver exempt next season.

If you aren't patient. Make some trades on NHL13 so that he can fit on the 23 man roster, and then post them as "proposals" in the rumors section.

I agree with what you're saying here, and will take it a step further and say he'll be up permanently when the roster expands before the playoffs.

Yes but to play on the articles standpoint here (while I do not agree) Quincey is new to our team and our system (also being vastly overpaid) and they are giving him a chance to produce the way he did in Colorodo (which I never thought he was very impressive to begin with there)

Lashoff is out tonight so they can try to get the power play going with more offensive defensemen, simple as that

Kindl needs to step up tonight. In my mind this is his final shot at being a regular. If he doesn't seize it (I hope he surprises us all) I say it's time to label him a bust and give the time to developing Lashoff or another young dman

I agree in principle, but I disagree that tonight should be make or break. You can't expect a guy to play well when he's up for a game, down for two or three, up one, down again. What does every hockey player in the world say when they return from a summer off, or a long injury? "It will take a while to get my timing back, and get into game shape". Timing matters a ton in hockey, and so bringing a guy in, putting him with a new partner, and then letting him sit for a few games does nothing to help improve that timing. Kindl needs to prove something this season, but I think it's only fair to give him about three games in a row to make sure that he's comfortable out there. s***, if we can give Quincey 5 games, I don't think there's any reason not to give Kindl 3.