• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DSM

Kindl's future...

Rate this topic

There isn't a reason Quincey shouldn't work out. He's played very well elsewhere. You aren't just going to let go the defenseman you spent a 1st round pick on after like 30 games. Especially when you're a team in need of defenseman.

Now obviously the move hasn't worked out, but it's still early in Quincey's career, wing's have invested too much, and need him to play to his potential.

Problem is, at some point you have to pull the plug, and preferably BEFORE leaving him in has significant consequences. We could try and ride out the Q train for another 20 or so games. But if his play doesn't pickup we could very easily be looking at a 5 to 10 point deficit between us an the playoffs.

It's not simply a matter of leave him in long enough and he will for sure become good. He might not. And we really don't have the roster or the time to take this kind of risk right now.

Just pointing out that Kindl has looked prettttttttyyyyy prettyyyy pretty good tonight.

Really? I haven't been impressed with him today. From the start, he looked like a lost child on the break out. He stayed in datsyuk's hip pocket for the whole break out just wondering, "uhh where do I go?" He gradually has gotten decent throughout the game but he certainly isn't prettty pretty pretty good tonight, atleast in my opinion.

Really? I haven't been impressed with him today. From the start, he looked like a lost child on the break out. He stayed in datsyuk's hip pocket for the whole break out just wondering, "uhh where do I go?" He gradually has gotten decent throughout the game but he certainly isn't prettty pretty pretty good tonight, atleast in my opinion.

He started off a little shaky; but throughout the 2nd and 3rd I'd say he was one of the upper 50% of our defenseman on the ice tonight. I just feel like if he is utilized correctly he could become a solid 3-4 defenseman, who could average 30 points a year.

Just pointing out that Kindl has looked prettttttttyyyyy prettyyyy pretty good tonight.

Agreed. Kindl played really good last night. And in an interview with him that I read on the MLive site, he stated that he had to take his opportunity to play good defense, move the puck well and not get beat 1 on 1. He did all those things against Dallas last night and that includes not getting beat 1 on 1 where late in the game he did a great job keeping the Stars puck carrier to the outside and eventually poked the puck away and ended up with it. For 3.75 mil or whatever Q makes now, I'll take Kindl playing for his life anyday.

The two games Kindl has played this year I think he has shown some improvement from last year. By no means has he been perfect but he seems stronger, more confident and looks like he belongs a bit more. I personally think Kindl may be at a point in his career that is similar to where Ericsson was at the beginning of last season. They've had some ups and downs but it's time to take a big stride and to me, he looks like he may be able to do that. I dont know if his offensive game will ever flourish but he definitely does not seem shakey out there.

In the two games he's played so far I've noticed two things I really like about Kindl this season. He seems more confident with the puck, and more importantly, he seems to be using his size and strength a little bit more. In both games I've noticed him taking guys into the boards very hard. Good for him.

In the two games he's played so far I've noticed two things I really like about Kindl this season. He seems more confident with the puck, and more importantly, he seems to be using his size and strength a little bit more. In both games I've noticed him taking guys into the boards very hard. Good for him.

I completely agree with that assessment. Kindl also seems to be a bit more engaging - meaning he's taking the body to opposing players instead of getting hit. He seems to be less timid

Guest The Axe

:ranting: Kindl Should have never been drafted, I have hated it from day 1.... Quincey was a waste of a solid 1st round draft pick and should have been let alone to sign somewhere else as an RFA, and we should have claimed whatever draft picks we would have received.... Kindl should be dealt either in a package or just for a pick, sames goes for Quincey. These are two transactions that I seriously question what the hell Holland was thinking. Lashoff and Huskins are playing way too solid to let Kindl come in, and Quincey is just taking up space until White gets back...of course Ericsson is just as enept as Quincey... IMO, Big E, Quincey and Kindl should all hit the dusty trail once our D is healed. I just wish Holland would pull his head out of his ass!

on a side note, I know arm-chair GM's are a dime a dozen, and if we really could do the job, we'd have the job, blah blah, but just because a lot of us don't have the credentials to land a NHL GM job, doesn't mean you or I don't know how to judge NHL talent. If I had gone to College for whatever I had to in order to land a GM job, I guarantee I couldn't do too much worse than a few guys already in that job....and I don't even own a copy of NHL13 or 12 or 11 or 10, etc.....never owned one...I believe a good 25% (at least) of this forum alone are a better judge of NHL talent than Ken Holland or his scouts...and that is a serious statement....

First,

E, Q, and K can all skate and pass. Are they perfect shut down guys? No. But they all know how to move the puck. No puck moving = no forward attack. While Huakins has done what has been asked of him, its absurd to play him over any of these 3 guys.

I like Lashoff.

First,

E, Q, and K can all skate and pass. Are they perfect shut down guys? No. But they all know how to move the puck. No puck moving = no forward attack. While Huakins has done what has been asked of him, its absurd to play him over any of these 3 guys.

I like Lashoff.

No it isn't, considering like you said Huskins is a shut down guy, something we need on this team, something we have been after. We can't have just puck moving shooting defensemen we need stay at home guys too

First,

I like Lashoff.

You would play kindl, another offensive minded defensemen over Huskins, whom is our only true stay at home? Brother, you don't stack a blue line with all puck moving defensemen. You need a good mix of it. Kindl simply needs to play more games, and show his value so we can get more out of him within a package deal. He's going to be a perfect fit for other systems, but not ours. We just simply don't need him right now, and he's fallen too far down the depth chart in my opinion to gain a regular spot.

Robyn Regehr would be a good addition to the blue line, or at least someone like him. Almqvist, Oulette, Sproul...all offensive Dmen. Oulette may be more of a 2 way Dman, but still more offensive. We need a big bruising Dman. McKee may be a good shutdown guy, but that's years away. DeKeyser seems more of an offensive guy. Regehr or try and get another Huskins type, or at least keep him and then have Lashoff full time next season. Holland must restore balance to the force!

E is inept? C'mon that doesn't feel just a little like stubborn old memories refusing to go away? He's been great the last half of last season and he's continued right where he left off this season. His passing is crisp, his play in his own end has been very good. One aspect I can but somehow also can't believe we're overlooking is his ability to get out of the corners quickly, or move pucks behind the net in those areas under pressure. I've seen him just flick pucks to open guys very quickly under a ton of pressure. I haven't seen anyone do that since Nick and Raf, not even Nik. That is a huge aspect of defense, just shrugging off the forecheck like that. He does it so well and it's one of the biggest reasons why we don't notice him in his own end. And that's a good thing.

As for Kindl's future, I just don't think he meshes well here. He's average with brief flashes of something more but it's fleeting. Those flashes give his fans something to cling to and I think we've been very patient but I can't foresee him sticking around. I know Huskins isn't the best offensively but he can move the puck adequately enough to replace Kindl I think considering his defensive play more than makes up. I'm not exactly tapping my fingers impatiently waiting for points with bottom 6 defenders, I'd rather they just grind out and shut down opponents and don't make mistakes. Kindl is a decent top 4 defenseman on another team who doesn't fit into the 3rd pairing role here. It's sad but that's the reality of it. I keep getting this gut feeling his mistakes are all mental because he's trying to play into the top 4 and screws up because of it but regardless we can't wait around forever. This team is always more patient than the forums are but I think he'll be gone eventually in some sort of deal.

E is inept? C'mon that doesn't feel just a little like stubborn old memories refusing to go away? He's been great the last half of last season and he's continued right where he left off this season. His passing is crisp, his play in his own end has been very good. One aspect I can but somehow also can't believe we're overlooking is his ability to get out of the corners quickly, or move pucks behind the net in those areas under pressure. I've seen him just flick pucks to open guys very quickly under a ton of pressure. I haven't seen anyone do that since Nick and Raf, not even Nik. That is a huge aspect of defense, just shrugging off the forecheck like that. He does it so well and it's one of the biggest reasons why we don't notice him in his own end. And that's a good thing.

As for Kindl's future, I just don't think he meshes well here. He's average with brief flashes of something more but it's fleeting. Those flashes give his fans something to cling to and I think we've been very patient but I can't foresee him sticking around. I know Huskins isn't the best offensively but he can move the puck adequately enough to replace Kindl I think considering his defensive play more than makes up. I'm not exactly tapping my fingers impatiently waiting for points with bottom 6 defenders, I'd rather they just grind out and shut down opponents and don't make mistakes. Kindl is a decent top 4 defenseman on another team who doesn't fit into the 3rd pairing role here. It's sad but that's the reality of it. I keep getting this gut feeling his mistakes are all mental because he's trying to play into the top 4 and screws up because of it but regardless we can't wait around forever. This team is always more patient than the forums are but I think he'll be gone eventually in some sort of deal.

It is pretty funny. People seem to bash E out of habit. He's been solid so far this season, and was much of last season.

He's never going to be a top pairing guy, but he's a big, good stay at home guy, who has the ability to make a great first pass (which a lot of stay at home guys don't necessarily have).

It is pretty funny. People seem to bash E out of habit. He's been solid so far this season, and was much of last season.

He's never going to be a top pairing guy, but he's a big, good stay at home guy, who has the ability to make a great first pass (which a lot of stay at home guys don't necessarily have).

I have grown tired of trying to convince people of this, I have been saying this for some time now. I use to be a hater of big rig, but it was because of his play, when he started playing better and giving me no reason to buy new remotes I started liking him, he has been solid for us, I don't think he has caused a goal against us yet, which is more than I can say for most of our dmen. People just hate him now because he was bad before, they can't seem to look past his previous flaws, so when they watch the game they nitpick everything he does. "Look at Ericsson drinking his water on the bench with his left hand... what an embarassment" "Where is Ericsson? I don't see him (he skating back with the play) oh well he still drinks water like a tool"

I have grown tired of trying to convince people of this, I have been saying this for some time now. I use to be a hater of big rig, but it was because of his play, when he started playing better and giving me no reason to buy new remotes I started liking him, he has been solid for us, I don't think he has caused a goal against us yet, which is more than I can say for most of our dmen. People just hate him now because he was bad before, they can't seem to look past his previous flaws, so when they watch the game they nitpick everything he does. "Look at Ericsson drinking his water on the bench with his left hand... what an embarassment" "Where is Ericsson? I don't see him (he skating back with the play) oh well he still drinks water like a tool"

For most people these types of opinions are ones they're too committed to, and they get too proud and stubborn to go back on it. To admit they were wrong is to admit they might not really understand hockey and it's pretty obvious those same types love to play pretend expert.

The kicker? They don't really know, and these opinions are formed on a whim. Or by following others who do so, or a mix of both. We do kinda perpetuate our own ridiculous opinions sometimes. We reassure eachother. You scratch my back, right?

For most people these types of opinions are ones they're too committed to, and they get too proud and stubborn to go back on it. To admit they were wrong is to admit they might not really understand hockey and it's pretty obvious those same types love to play pretend expert.

The kicker? They don't really know, and these opinions are formed on a whim. Or by following others who do so, or a mix of both. We do kinda perpetuate our own ridiculous opinions sometimes. We reassure eachother. You scratch my back, right?

I get that, I have been guilty of it aswell, in fact sometimes I wonder if I hate Quincey for the sake of hating him. But in regards to their play, when they start playing better I will admit I was wrong, or that something has changed. If Quincey were to start playing as well as he did on the avs, I won't be so hard on him, in fact I'll welcome him, so far he has not shown that though. Ericsson didn't show it for some time, with little glimpses here or there, now he is finally coming into his own and people need to accept that and move on to Quincey :P