• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#61 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

The puck bunnies that chase Z, are 1% cuter than those that chase Pavel. I feel that Babcock is behind this, also. Such a conspiracy.

#62 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,041 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

Gentlemen, it is true that Hank has a teensyweensey bit of extra time during the regular season and a bit more during the playoffs.

Please note, however, that Hank is not now as he always was.  He used to be clean-shaven during the regular season and only grow a beard for the playoffs.  Now he wears a beard year-round.

Had he had a beard full-time during the length of his career, his ice time would be higher during the regular season also.  Also, it was during his unbearded days that he had trouble with his wrist and back that kept him from playing.  (He also was single when he had wrist and back troubles, but I'm sure that's a coincidence and it's actually the lack of the beard that had hindered him.)

Quite simply, the more facial hair Z sprouts, the greater his ice time. 

Or essentially, Zetterberg gets about 20 minutes a game, with his beard picking up the extra minute or two.  :P

#63 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

Why is there a "but" at the end of the thread title?  Zetterberg's great.  Period.  Datsyuk is great.  Period.  Be grateful they play for us, not someone else.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#64 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

I know.
I think you have to include Datsyuk in there as they are the 3 hardest workers on the team

And tootoo so far.. That guy gives 110% whenever he steps on the ice.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#65 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

I'm a die hard Wings fan...does that mean I'm not allowed to like St. Louis and Chicago? Cause I do.

I've liked the Hawks and Blues since the days of Roenick and Chelios, Hull and Oates. I've been a Sabres fan since LaFontaine and Mogilny. Hell, I used to like the Cansucks when they had Bure and Mogilny. I hope we're not supposed to hate teams cause they aren't the Wings. Once it comes to playoff time, I cheer for Wings far and away #1, but if they get knocked out and Chicago and St. Louis are still in you can bet your ass I'll be cheering for them over crap like Pittsburgh and Vancouver and San Jose.

On the bright side though, if the Wings play in the playoffs the way they did last night then we should actually see a legit playoff run. That may be top to bottom the best game I've seen the Wings play in about 2 1/2 - 3 years. Not a schelacking goal wise, but they played 60 minutes of hard nosed hockey and played really well all around.

You are a die hard HOCKEY fan. As a die hard WINGS fan, you are NOT allowed to like their division rivals. Thats the definition of NOT being die hard. If you are not absolutely devastated when the Wings lose in the playoffs and dont immediately start counting the days to the next season, then you are NOT a die hard Wings fan. And btw, theres nothing wrong with yhat.

#66 Electrophile

Electrophile

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

The puck bunnies that chase Z, are 1% cuter than those that chase Pavel. I feel that Babcock is behind this, also. Such a conspiracy.

This is totally an aside, but I really really really really dislike puckbunnies.  Holy crap, do they irritate the living daylights out of me.  There's few things more offensive to a female sports fan than other females who are only into the sport to drool over rich men.  You can spot them by their pink hats, pink jerseys, and total lack of knowledge about what's going on on the diamond/ice/field/court.  They make the rest of us look bad.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#67 shoobiedoobin

shoobiedoobin

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

And tootoo so far.. That guy gives 110% whenever he steps on the ice.

Bingo. And look at when Helm is in the lineup-we seem to collectively work and skate a bit harder. And when he's actually on the ice, man oh man, the whole game goes into fast forward. He's such a game changer.

Eaves was always a hard skater too. Now maybe we've had slow starts but over the course of the season esp after the STL game where we were in preseason mode, we look like a much harder working team than the past two seasons. We've added Tootoo, got Eaves back, Helm's back and Brunner's a hard worker too. It's no coincidence that the whole team is skating harder. Even Franzen, while still prone to standing around watching, is working a tad harder.

Sometimes all it takes it an extra couple guys to give the whole team that extra push in the right direction.

#68 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

This is totally an aside, but I really really really really dislike puckbunnies.  Holy crap, do they irritate the living daylights out of me.  There's few things more offensive to a female sports fan than other females who are only into the sport to drool over rich men.  You can spot them by their pink hats, pink jerseys, and total lack of knowledge about what's going on on the diamond/ice/field/court.  They make the rest of us look bad.

Newsflash: Puck Bunnies AND Knowledgeable hockey chicks hate us hockey nerds all the same!!! And yah, we are all hockey nerds! I am perfectly ok with a little eye candy in the stands and some chicks in tight spandex skating around and swooping up the excess snow during breaks.

#69 Electrophile

Electrophile

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

Newsflash: Puck Bunnies AND Knowledgeable hockey chicks hate us hockey nerds all the same!!! And yah, we are all hockey nerds! I am perfectly ok with a little eye candy in the stands and some chicks in tight spandex skating around and swooping up the excess snow during breaks.

.....those aren't the people I'm talking about.

#70 shoobiedoobin

shoobiedoobin

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

Women who throw themselves at a man and change who they are to get their attention sicken me. It's impossible to respect and it not only says something about the woman who is doing it, but it says quite a bit about the man who would accept it. But the society we live in encourages it in a very derpy kinda of beer commercial mentality. From a male's point of view we're told to "tap that bro" or "what are you ***, hit it and quit it!" and from a female's perspective, women are taught to be a man's toy or prize or thing he owns. Toss yourself at him, you're a brainless ditz!

I should just stop here...

#71 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:18 PM

.....those aren't the people I'm talking about.

Youre talking about the hot ass chick with the pink hat, 500 dollar boots, tight ass red wings shirt over her fake DD's, tight ass 300 dollar jeans, drinking a glass of wine and blabbering on about wanting some bullsht pair of sunglasses her rich ass boyfriend is going to have to buy her with his dad's money. I know who you are talking about. In telling you that you need to start liking these chicks. The worlds a better place with them in it.

Women who throw themselves at a man and change who they are to get their attention sicken me. It's impossible to respect and it not only says something about the woman who is doing it, but it says quite a bit about the man who would accept it. But the society we live in encourages it in a very derpy kinda of beer commercial mentality. From a male's point of view we're told to "tap that bro" or "what are you ***, hit it and quit it!" and from a female's perspective, women are taught to be a man's toy or prize or thing he owns. Toss yourself at him, you're a brainless ditz!

I should just stop here...

Yes. Just stop. Easier to smile and be nice to everyone. These people mean you no harm.

#72 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

Gentlemen, it is true that Hank has a teensyweensey bit of extra time during the regular season and a bit more during the playoffs.

Please note, however, that Hank is not now as he always was.  He used to be clean-shaven during the regular season and only grow a beard for the playoffs.  Now he wears a beard year-round.

Had he had a beard full-time during the length of his career, his ice time would be higher during the regular season also.  Also, it was during his unbearded days that he had trouble with his wrist and back that kept him from playing.  (He also was single when he had wrist and back troubles, but I'm sure that's a coincidence and it's actually the lack of the beard that had hindered him.)

While I absolutely agree z's beard is the reason for the extra ice time, this doesn't explain all of kronwalls I've time... I may have to investigate further, I feel there is something I'm missing here, we have to dig deeper

#73 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

While I absolutely agree z's beard is the reason for the extra ice time, this doesn't explain all of kronwalls I've time... I may have to investigate further, I feel there is something I'm missing here, we have to dig deeper

Kronwall's beard is actually fake. Its made out of Z's shaved hair though!!!

#74 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:32 PM

Pavel grew a better beard than Zetterberg in the 2011 playoffs, He played 50 seconds less than Z. So your argument is invalid.

bringit.jpg

#75 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

Youre talking about the hot ass chick with the pink hat, 500 dollar boots, tight ass red wings shirt over her fake DD's, tight ass 300 dollar jeans, drinking a glass of wine and blabbering on about wanting some bullsht pair of sunglasses her rich ass boyfriend is going to have to buy her with his dad's money. I know who you are talking about. In telling you that you need to start liking these chicks. The worlds a better place with them in it.

Yes. Just stop. Easier to smile and be nice to everyone. These people mean you no harm.

Fake **** are ugly

#76 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

[quote name="Crymson" post="2349055" timestamp="1359528209"]

The average difference is 34 seconds, or one shift. And it has decline over time.[/quote

Are we all in agreement with this?

34 seconds x 75 games = about 40 minutes. 40 minutes = 2 games. These guys are point a game guys, so Z gets 2 more points a year from extra ice time. 30 points over 15 year career. Woohoo. Babcock is clearly showing favoritism and trying to keep Dats out of the HOF.

#77 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,198 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

This makes perfect sense. I can't believe I never thought of it before now!

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#78 shoobiedoobin

shoobiedoobin

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

I'm nice, and this doesn't keep me up at night. You like them, that's cool.

#79 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:42 PM

I'm nice, and this doesn't keep me up at night. You like them, that's cool.

Good.

#80 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

no, that's not exactly a puck bunny. puck bunnies simply chase hockey players. urban dictionary can help me explain this a bit; they don't normally have boyfriends, they just simply try to screw around with every hockey player they can get their hands on. 

2. puck bunny 345 up91 down  
A female, typically in her late teens to early 30s (but it can go lower) who attends hockey games, not to see a well fought game, or to see 2 goons duke it out, but just to look at the studly hockey players in the hoping that one night they'll roll over and see them in their bed, or in his bed, and has little or no interest in the sport or the score, and when a hockey player is brought up in coversation, will commonly use the words "tight, cute, sexy, ass, arms, shoulders" at any point in 1 sentence.
Cant stand 'em puck bunnies

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.