• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 Superman54

Superman54

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

don't care. he was a great hockey player, but you can't take anything he says about hockey seriously anymore

you are one sad person. The great one talks about hockey and you believe it shouldn't be taken seriously...Did he piss in your cereal? 

#42 kickazz

kickazz

Rookie

• Pip
  • 150 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:42 PM

I guess all those folks commenting about how Gretzky's comments were probably "not serious" may have to think about it again.

Zetterberg said he’s heard Gretzky’s complimentary comments before.

“When he coached in Phoenix, Pavel and I had a few good games down there, and he had some comments back then too,” Zetterberg said. “I heard it before, and I’m definitely proud of it.”

(http://redwings.nhl....s.htm?id=653805)

Looks like Gretzky truly did love Zetterberg for the past ten years and didn't just "say" it. Actually from what I remember, there was a similar interview about 4 or 5 years ago where Gretzky was asked who he thought the best player was and his reply was "Zetterberg"

Either way, last night just proves how we all should re-consider our statements. Zetterberg may be older and we may tend to think he's lost his edge, but the game last night shows that he's not quiet done yet. The captaincy may very well bring a new light from him for years to come. Let's hope for it.

#43 Ekmanc

Ekmanc

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

I'll take Z over crybaby cindy any day of the week...

#44 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:12 PM

Lidstrom is hands down the best player to ever come from Sweden.
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#45 Number19

Number19

I like our team

• PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:22 PM

During the Cup run, mainly the Stanley Cup FInals, Z was Lidstrom like. Like Forsberg his constantly beat up body doesn't let him utilized all of his talent. Maybe that's what Gretzky sees. Obviously Lidstrom played at a constantly higher level to most of us but there's a reason Z won the Conn Smythe. Some of those shifts were amazing to watch.

Edited by Number19, 04 February 2013 - 01:28 PM.

#46 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:27 PM

That 2008 Stanley Cup run was such a beautiful thing to watch...Franzen single handedly destroying the Avs and the entire team just dismantling the Stars. ahhhhh great times

#47 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,175 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:53 PM

&nbsp;

That 2008 Stanley Cup run was such a beautiful thing to watch...Franzen single handedly destroying the Avs and the entire team just dismantling the Stars. ahhhhh great times

And if i'm not mistaken, the Wings held Crysby to a mere 1-2 pts in the 6 game SCF.

Free darkmanx!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag