• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2/1 GDT : Blues 3 at Red Wings 5 (Z with Hat Trick)

Rate this topic

Somehow, I don't see this game as being anything like the last one, we've had a couple weeks to shake off the lockout rust, plus we are at home. I also wouldn't be surprised to see a fight early on, send a message, maybe we can throw Abdelkader, Eaves, and Tootoo on the same line against Backes' line and have them pull a Hanson Bros. (hey, I can dream, right?) I see it being a very close game, 3-2 or 4-3 Wings.

This will be a very interesting game seeing as how the Wings were embarrassed 6-0 the last time.

Obviously they want redemption.

I expect the Wings to really bring it offensively this time...and if the Blues are ready for it, this could be a heck of a game.

Looking forward to it.

Wings win 5-3 with Brunner's 1st career hatty. Mark your calendar :ok:

This will be a very interesting game seeing as how the Wings were embarrassed 6-0 the last time.

Obviously they want redemption.

I expect the Wings to really bring it offensively this time...and if the Blues are ready for it, this could be a heck of a game.

Looking forward to it.

Someone needs to shadow that sneaky little Tarasenko kid. Oh he good.....I say you he good.

I'll be watching it on gamecenter on the old xbox with a plate full of tacos. Can't wait. Forechecking on Pietrangelo and Shattenkirk couldn't hurt too. Hopefully Helm's back to assemble our "5 hits a shift line"

Wings win 5-3 with Brunner's 1st career hatty. Mark your calendar :ok:

Someone needs to shadow that sneaky little Tarasenko kid. Oh he good.....I say you he good.

I'll be watching it on gamecenter on the old xbox with a plate full of tacos. Can't wait. Forechecking on Pietrangelo and Shattenkirk couldn't hurt too. Hopefully Helm's back to assemble our "5 hits a shift line"

There was all kinds of hype around Tarasenko last year and this year, and I tried to keep my expectations in check because you never know what you are going to get when someone actually comes over here and starts to play in the NHL.

But yeah, he's the real deal...at least it looks that way so far. He's much better than I thought he was going to be. He has great hockey sense, and always seems to be in the middle of things when he is out there. He plays with confidence, has a nice shot, good hands, finds open players, and he loves to hit.

He has been a huge addition to the Blues, who struggled at times offensively last year.

Stewart and Berglund have also gotten off to hot starts...which has also been key.

Most Blues fans will tell you that for the Blues to be legitimate cup contenders, they needed more offense than last year, and Berglund & Stewart would have to step it up for that to happen. And they are doing it so far.

Anyone going to the game tonight? I'm dying to know what Z's balls taste like...

Although I'm not a fan of coconut.

Maybe you should double post this in the "Zetterberg's Great Butt" thread. :hehe:

I guess I'll have to give them a try. I'm thinking they'll go great with vodka.

Big game tonight. Hope The Wings can get up and play like it means something. A few days of practice hopefully helps them, especially on special teams.

Maybe you should double post this in the "Zetterberg's Great Butt" thread. :hehe:

I guess I'll have to give them a try. I'm thinking they'll go great with vodka.

Big game tonight. Hope The Wings can get up and play like it means something. A few days of practice hopefully helps them, especially on special teams.

not to mention the blues played last night and should be tired :)

At the risk of being called a doom-and-gloomer and having the Optimist Brigade s*** down my throat, I'm going to say 4-1 Blues in a game that will be wayyyy closer than the final score will reflect.

Wings play MUCH better in this one, keeping it close, but the Blues bust it open late in the third.

Tootoo with the lone Wings goal.

The Month of February
There are 15 regular-season games scheduled in the month of February; 9 Home games and 6 Away games, with 13 off-days; The
games are broken down as:
7 v. Division / Conference
8 v. Non-Division / Conference
Club Records, Most / Fewest
Most, Overall
Games: 15
Wins: 11
Losses: 10
Most, Home
Games: 9 (seven times)
Wins: 8 (two times)
Losses; 6
Most, Away
Games: 9 (three times)
Wins: 7
Losses: 7
Fewest, Overall
Games: 6 (three times)
Wins: 2 (two times)
Losses: 0
Fewest, Home
Games: 2 (three times)
Wins: 1 (eight times)
Losses: 0 (twenty-seven times)
Points; 2 (four times)
Fewest, Away
Games: 2
Wins: 0 (fourteen times)
Losses; 0 (two times)

Current Streaks

Regular-Season Streaks
Overall: 1-game winning streak
Home: 2-game winning streak
Historical Regular-Season Streaks v. St. Louis
Overall: 1-game losing streak (shutout)
Home: 3-game winning streak (1 shutout)
Last Ten Games, Current Regular-Season
Overall: 3W-2L-1OTL
Home: 2W-1L
Last Ten Games, Historical Regular-Season v. St. Louis
Overall: 6W-4L
Home: 6W-4L
Home Games / Away Games
This is a last of two consecutive Home games
Record v. St. Louis
All-time, Overall v. St. Louis
269G: 116W-109L-37T-1RT-3OTL-3SOL
All-time, Home v. St. Louis
134G: 67W-47L-17T-0RT-1OTL-2SOL
Season Record v. St. Louis
This is the second of six games v. St. Louis this season, with the Club's record in the previous game:
0W-1L
This is the first of three Home games v. St. Louis this season
LGW.

Tonight's Officials

Referees Chris Lee-28 & Ian Walsh-29 Linesmen Derek Amell-75 & Mark Shewchyk-92

Edited by cusimano_brothers

Ugh NHL Network. I'll probably be following the game on here tonight.

Last game they picked up the FSD feed, so you got Ken and Mick, but had to watch national commercials instead. No biggie. Hopefully they follow suit tonight.

There are a couple of oddities with this February's schedule:

1) Detroit has never played fifteen games in the month of February, but they will this season and

2) In most cases, the number of off-days is greater than the number of games played. There have only been twenty-eight months with the number of games played being greater than the number of off-days. With games played ten or more, it's only happened nine times and never February.