• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2/1 GDT : Blues 3 at Red Wings 5 (Z with Hat Trick)

Rate this topic

I can't even tell you how happy I was to see Z dig for that 3rd goal... dare I say...Captain-like? Yes! Lead by example, and the others will follow.

In addition, I am now sitting on the edge of the Tootoo bandwagon. I wasn't too sure I liked this signing, having seen some of his chicken-s*** shenanigans in Nashville. But, he comes to play and loves being a Wing. More importantly, he makes other teams' players look over their shoulders when he's out there. My kinda guy!

Agreed... I understand why the trailing ref made the call due to the head-snap, but it was only a "chest cracker". I wish we hadn't gotten the gamer winner on that PP, but then again we get screwed on calls too!

Yep, what comes around goes around. Things even out. The interfenence call on Kronwall was horrible! That play happened at least 10 other times in the game.

This is what happens when they actually call STL on their goon BS, and we decide to fight back and play their style of game. Suddenly they're not putting up 6. We're better, we just have to decide to play through their physicality and forecheck instead of looking forward to the next game like so many teams who don't feel like applying the Blues' own style against them.

Look at it this way-while our bottom 6 isn't scoring, our top 6 is. The bottom six won't be ice cold forever, they'll pick up. Our stars are carrying us when we need them to. That's what a team is all about. We could easily be in a scoring drought all around.

Sorry if I misunderstood you, but are you saying "We're better than the 6-0 game", which I agree with, or "We're better than the Blues" which, sadly, just isn't true.

Sorry if I misunderstood you, but are you saying "We're better than the 6-0 game", which I agree with, or "We're better than the Blues" which, sadly, just isn't true.

We will find out Thursday, which team is the better team. Both teams will have a day off, unfortunately it will be in St. Louis, advantage them, and also they don't have to travel as there Tuesday game is at home. But I feel like Thursday will really be the true marker of where we stand against the blues

We do, I think tootoo's line will start scoring soon if they keep playing that way though, once Helm returns next week we will see more bottom six scoring with emmerton out of the lineup

4th line I thought played very well. Miller, Emmerton, & Tootoo had lots of energy and generated good scoring chances. Cleary on the other hand, yuck. Don't know really whats up with him, but he's turning the puck over ever time he touches it. His pen late was another of the bad calls in the game, so can't really blame him for that one.

Just checked, our bottom six only has 2 points all season! Good job Pav and Hank are on fire really.

And, e-frikin-ventually, Mule will start carrying some mail.

I really like Cleary, but of course got to wonder if he will ever regain his effectiveness and subsequent scoring touch. I, for one, am glad that Babcock is giving him the opportunity to get his hockey together.

its pretty bad when the refs basically handed the Wings this game with that horrible call.

It was a horrible call but they all even out. The match penalty was just rescinded so that all is good in hockey land.

What I think is that refs were trying to give the game to Blues with that call. They knew that Wings PP is bad and killing a 5-minute penalty is a great confidence builder and a momentum shifter. Datsyuk just went and blew the refs' plan with that snipe.

Bad call on Backes. But you know what? f*** Backes. He looked like he was trying to kill Huskins. The call may have been all kings of incompetent, but it's not like Backes was innocent. In fact, Backes, IMO is a prick.

/rant

Please. Tootoo did the same kind of legal hockey check to Polak. If you watch a pass and don't brace for contact there is an increased chance to get hurt. There was nothing wrong with either hit. It's part of the game.

This^

Dude, it was a clean, hard hockey hit. Backes was just playing hard. Huskins needs to pay attention to what is going on.

Blues got jobbed. Don't try to rationalize the call. You can't rationalize the irrational.

The Blues still may have lost the game if not for the PP...it just sucks that the call was horrible, it was made late in a tie game, and it resulted in the game winning goal for Detroit.

In years past if the Blues were to lose a game like this to Detroit, I'd probably be more upset because we'd probably be trailing you guys by at least a few points at this point in the season...but being up by 3 points still...it makes it sting a little less. Still pissed though.

It was an absolutely horrible call and I hate it when we score on cheap PP's, but honestly, a little part of me was happy to see a trashy reputation call against the other team for a change. Nice to know the refs are spreading the joy around a little since Homer retired.

From NHL:

Best. Officials. Ever.

What's sad is in the Philly game Erskine threw an elbow that almost KO'd Simmonds. No call on the play.

People will always complain about officiating, but having watched hockey a lot of years, the quality of reffing really seems to have deteriorated in the last few.

Terrible call by the refs against St. Louis, but Backes is a prick so it's hard to feel that bad.

Dude, it was a clean, hard hockey hit. Backes was just playing hard. Huskins needs to pay attention to what is going on.

Blues got jobbed. Don't try to rationalize the call. You can't rationalize the irrational.

The Blues still may have lost the game if not for the PP...it just sucks that the call was horrible, it was made late in a tie game, and it resulted in the game winning goal for Detroit.

In years past if the Blues were to lose a game like this to Detroit, I'd probably be more upset because we'd probably be trailing you guys by at least a few points at this point in the season...but being up by 3 points still...it makes it sting a little less. Still pissed though.

Agreed. I think the Red Wings were going to win though either way honestly. They had all the jump and momentum in the third. Plus, the Blues had no answer for Zetterberg at all.

Please. Tootoo did the same kind of legal hockey check to Polak. If you watch a pass and don't brace for contact there is an increased chance to get hurt. There was nothing wrong with either hit. It's part of the game.

Agreed and Backes is still a prick :w00t:

First of all I'm not a dude! Second of all it was the wrong call but at the time it appeared to the refs that he hit him in the head. They were wrong and nothing has come out of it so GET OVER IT! Anyway, Backes is a douchebag and I stand by my opinion of him. If it were the other way around you'd be singing a different tune

Edited by vladdy16