Photo
- - - - -

2/1 GDT : Blues 3 at Red Wings 5 (Z with Hat Trick)

gdt

• Please log in to reply
689 replies to this topic

#21 AtlantaHotWings

AtlantaHotWings

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:34 PM

Probably end up with the St Louis guys so watch with the volume off...

"Wakie, wakie hands off Snakie" - Jason Lee of Earl

#22 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,604 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:46 PM

There are a couple of oddities with this February's schedule:

1) Detroit has never played fifteen games in the month of February, but they will this season and

2) In most cases, the number of off-days is greater than the number of games played. There have only been twenty-eight months with the number of games played being greater than the number of off-days. With games played ten or more, it's only happened nine times and never February.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#23 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:55 PM

Probably end up with the St Louis guys so watch with the volume off...

That is whats great about GCL :)

#24 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

That is whats great about GCL :)

Games on NHL Network so it won't be on GCL tonight.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#25 cprice12

cprice12

Resident St. Louis Blues Supporter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:09 PM

not to mention the blues played last night and should be tired :)

Well, the Blues seemed to take the 2nd & 3rd period off last night...so they shouldn't be too tired.

#26 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,257 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:11 PM

Well, the Blues seemed to take the 2nd & 3rd period off last night...so they shouldn't be too tired.

So does that mean they stayed up late watching Leno and and slept in?
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#27 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:13 PM

Does any one know what the deal is with the game apparently only being viewable on the NHL Network?

I live in Canada and was going to order NHL Centre Ice today since my cable provider was offering a free preview of CI until the end of January.  Does any one know if the game will be available on CI?

Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#28 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:22 PM

Does any one know what the deal is with the game apparently only being viewable on the NHL Network?

I live in Canada and was going to order NHL Centre Ice today since my cable provider was offering a free preview of CI until the end of January.  Does any one know if the game will be available on CI?

It's on NHLN-US, so you should get it on CI in Canada

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#29 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:23 PM

Games on NHL Network so it won't be on GCL tonight.

it's always on gcl.... it is not like fox sports where it carries some games... I can watch every game that plays every night

#30 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:26 PM

I'd like to see Patty Eaves getting some PP time tonight because of his great right-handed shot. That's what the second unit is missing.

"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#31 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:32 PM

it's always on gcl.... it is not like fox sports where it carries some games... I can watch every game that plays every night

Huh? NHL Network, NBC-SN and local games are always blacked out in game center live. If you mean the ability to change between home/away broadcastings, yeah, that's always there. I was just saying that isn't help to him, considering the fact that this game will be blacked on via GCL. The Blues won't be that tired. They played Columbus last night and had Elliott in net, Halak most likely to start against us. They took a 3-0 lead in the first and could cruise control through-out the rest of the game. Obviously they'll be "more tired than the red wings" but I honestly don't think by that much. It'll be a good fought game, Blues know the Wings want redemption, and they'll try to stop it. Like Babcock said, as long as we don't gift them 4 goals, we should be alright. 

"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

#32 RedWingsDad

RedWingsDad

Bigot

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:36 PM

Tootoo is due, gonna get a hat-trick out of the blue, gonna knock the opposition down a notch or two. Word to your motha.

Tim Thomas - Patriot and generally awesome human being.

Romans 10:13 - For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

#33 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:37 PM

It's on NHLN-US, so you should get it on CI in Canada

Thanks, I appreciate it. 

OK, here's another question then.  Say I choose to get NHL GameCentre Live so that I can watch on my laptop or on the tv.  The fact that I am in canada, will the Wings game still be blacked out since it's on the NHL Network? Or does NHLN-US only affect american users?

I'd prefer NHL GC Live compared to Centre Ice because of its use on multiple devices and you can also choose which broadcast to hear...I hate listening to the away broadcast teams during Wings games

Edited by mmamolo, 01 February 2013 - 02:45 PM.

#34 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:39 PM

Huh? NHL Network, NBC-SN and local games are always blacked out in game center live. If you mean the ability to change between home/away broadcastings, yeah, that's always there. I was just saying that isn't help to him, considering the fact that this game will be blacked on via GCL. The Blues won't be that tired. They played Columbus last night and had Elliott in net, Halak most likely to start against us. They took a 3-0 lead in the first and could cruise control through-out the rest of the game. Obviously they'll be "more tired than the red wings" but I honestly don't think by that much. It'll be a good fought game, Blues know the Wings want redemption, and they'll try to stop it. Like Babcock said, as long as we don't gift them 4 goals, we should be alright. 

not blacked out for me (not that i couldn't get around it anyways) I always have it on the watch screen early on and put my computer to sleep so when i turn it on the game starts from the beginning, every time it is blacked out it tells me right away it doesn't wait for the game to start. Maybe living in windsor does have advantages :P

#35 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

not blacked out for me (not that i couldn't get around it anyways) I always have it on the watch screen early on and put my computer to sleep so when i turn it on the game starts from the beginning, every time it is blacked out it tells me right away it doesn't wait for the game to start. Maybe living in windsor does have advantages :P

Do you have NHL Game Centre Live?  Is the game not blacked out for you?

Thanks, I appreciate it. 

OK, here's another question then.  Say I choose to get NHL GameCentre Live so that I can watch on my laptop or on the tv.  The fact that I am in canada, will the Wings game still be blacked out since it's on the NHL Network? Or does NHLN-US only affect american users?

I'd prefer NHL GC Live compared to Centre Ice because of its use on multiple devices and you can also choose which broadcast to hear...I hate listening to the away broadcast teams during Wings games

#36 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

Do you have NHL Game Centre Live?  Is the game not blacked out for you?

Nope the game is not blacked out for me, I think 1 or 2 have been blacked out, but it is simple to fix that. I just plug my latop into my tv via HDMI and the feed is great quality, so I can't complain

#37 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

Dude... the whole thing about you living in Ontario just flew right over my head. haha, i was like THERE IS NO FRICKIN WAY YOU ARE WATCHING THAT SIR. I'm not tech savvy enough to get blacked out games to play on my xbox or laptop :[ I mucho prefer on the xbox though

"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

#38 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:58 PM

Dude... the whole thing about you living in Ontario just flew right over my head. haha, i was like THERE IS NO FRICKIN WAY YOU ARE WATCHING THAT SIR. I'm not tech savvy enough to get blacked out games to play on my xbox or laptop :[ I mucho prefer on the xbox though

I haven't tried it on the xbox cause I don't want to pay for xbox live, also My laptop is better than my xbox is lol

#39 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,689 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

just hoping for a good competitive game from the boys

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#40 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:01 PM

I haven't tried it on the xbox cause I don't want to pay for xbox live, also My laptop is better than my xbox is lol

I simply use xbox because it is connected to my tv, so louder + bigger screen :P you need to have gold in order to use gamecenter? I thought it was strictly just online gaming that gold required. You can get online and whatnot on a free account :o

"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"