Photo
- - - - -

2/1 GDT : Blues 3 at Red Wings 5 (Z with Hat Trick)

gdt

• Please log in to reply
689 replies to this topic

#581 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,722 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:13 PM

What was that lady's problem? 

I don't know but she looked tacky as hell. Stay classy, Lady Who's Pissed That Santa Claus Kid Got Hank's Stick Instead of Her.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#582 Wings10

Wings10

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Beat Columbus and were 5-2 -1  .. Considering how the team started the season, that would be huge.

#583 RedWingCraig

RedWingCraig

Rookie

• Pip
  • 155 posts

Tatar and his hat trick tonight...or Nyquist and his 3 point plus 4 effort

#584 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Beat Boston!

• Gold Booster
  • 5,014 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:14 PM

Pavel at the end of the interview. I'm cracking up.

#585 djv19

djv19

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 279 posts

Boo hoo. Everyone here in st louis area is crying about the call that cost the game. Sorry kleenex aisle 4

#586 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Nice to win but seriously that phantom 5minute call was just stupid, referees should be held more accountable. Don't want to see games decided in such a fashion one way or the other.

Yea, Backes won't be getting suspended or anything extra. He's the Blues best player though, so the breaks really went our way. It could be argued I'm sure that it was a late hit/player in vulnerable position, but I thought it was fine as per the replay. 

#587 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

GooZe! Z Jr. ~ Acting Captain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:15 PM

Zetterberg

3 goals, 2 assists, +3 rating, 1 PP goal, 1 SH goal, 8 shots, 9 to 6 on faceoffs = BEASTLY game.

And a video of Z fighting for his hat trick goal should be replaying in the Wings dressing room for the rest of the year.  That's how you battle to seal a win.

This offseason will determine whether Ken Holland should still be employed with the Wings organization.

Please put Smith on the Power Play!

#588 Miss Wing Queen

Miss Wing Queen

Hockeytown's Helmetless Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

What was that lady's problem? 

I think the kid that got Z's stick nearly ran her over or kicked/pushed her almost knocking her over the railing.  Maybe?

Thanks for the fries, Z!  That last one was the greatest.  Highlight reel for sure!

arbys-curley-fries.jpg

#589 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,295 posts

Good win.  The Blues looked tired in the first half of the 3rd period.  They would have lost regardless of the penalty.  It just finished them off.

And I feel sorry for anyone who had to listen to the Blues feed.  Bernie Federko is a piece of s*** and it's a disgrace that an overrated retard like him is in the HOF, while Dave Andreychuk and some others aren't.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#590 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

GooZe! Z Jr. ~ Acting Captain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:16 PM

Nice to win but seriously that phantom 5minute call was just stupid, referees should be held more accountable. Don't want to see games decided in such a fashion one way or the other.

ya that call was terrible.  if anything 2 mins for charging.  he looked like he wanted to break Huskins' ribs.  never the less, crap call.

This offseason will determine whether Ken Holland should still be employed with the Wings organization.

Please put Smith on the Power Play!

#591 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,738 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:17 PM

Delightful game.  Drama, suspense, meltdowns- and what was taking place outside LGW too.

Congrats, Hank.  You and your beard have done well.

Money on the board:  Current total: $6

$1 for a goal by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster.  An additional $5 for a series-clinching goal scored by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster. $5 if the other team fails to score against a current Wing goalie after whom I have named a hamster.

Hamsters I have had:  (current Wings highlighted)

Henrik Pavel Tomas Nicklas Dominik

Niklas Matthew Daniel Robert

Johan Andreas Valtteri Jonathan

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

Jordin Damien Gustav James

#592 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:17 PM

Good win.  The Blues looked tired in the first half of the 3rd period.  They would have lost regardless of the penalty.  It just finished them off.

And I feel sorry for anyone who had to listen to the Blues feed.  Bernie Federko is a piece of s*** and it's a disgrace that an overrated retard like him is in the HOF, while Dave Andreychuk and some others aren't.  

They seems to have more energy and they seemed that everything was going their way. I also feel they would have won without that penalty.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#593 Ekmanc

Ekmanc

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:18 PM

Zetterberg is a great captain, always leads by example.

#594 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

Zetterberg

3 goals, 2 assists, +3 rating, 1 PP goal, 1 SH goal, 8 shots, 9 to 6 on faceoffs = BEASTLY game.

And a video of Z fighting for his hat trick goal should be replaying in the Wings dressing room for the rest of the year.  That's how you battle to seal a win.

Wow...that is one heck of a line. Best empty netter ive seen too, beautiful.

#595 RedWingCraig

RedWingCraig

Rookie

• Pip
  • 155 posts

I think the kid that got Z's stick nearly ran her over or kicked/pushed her almost knocking her over the railing.  Maybe?

Thanks for the fries, Z!  That last one was the greatest.  Highlight reel for sure!

arbys-curley-fries.jpg

Threw a shoulder into her back while he was trying to get out of dodge with that stick. He bumped her 2 or 3 times and she almost spilled her drink lol

#596 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Refs must have realized that the Wings PP needed anything that it could in that 5 min major call.

I think they  called it on purpose thinking the Wings would never score on their Power Play, giving St Louis a better chance to win.

#597 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,295 posts

They seems to have more energy and they seemed that everything was going their way. I also feel they would have won without that penalty.

Yep.  Wings tied the game up and were taking it to the Blues.  Then the penalty came.  Whole game was terribly officiated.  That call just cemented it.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#598 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,428 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:21 PM

Franzen rewarded for his backchecking and a couple hits with at 3 point game! Z getting him going i think.

#599 germanwing

germanwing

2nd Line Scorer

• Gold Booster
  • 565 posts

:tounge2:

#600 xyzetterberg

xyzetterberg

Draftee

• 4 posts

Yea, Backes won't be getting suspended or anything extra. He's the Blues best player though, so the breaks really went our way. It could be argued I'm sure that it was a late hit/player in vulnerable position, but I thought it was fine as per the replay. 

After watching the replay, it seems Backes may hit Huskins chin. Difficult to see from behind but his head is shaking like hell.