Photo
- - - - -

2/1 GDT : Blues 3 at Red Wings 5 (Z with Hat Trick)

gdt

• Please log in to reply
689 replies to this topic

#601 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,804 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:21 PM

Zetterberg

3 goals, 2 assists, +3 rating, 1 PP goal, 1 SH goal, 8 shots, 9 to 6 on faceoffs = BEASTLY game.

And a video of Z fighting for his hat trick goal should be replaying in the Wings dressing room for the rest of the year.  That's how you battle to seal a win.

If he can do that against St Louis, ...

#602 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:22 PM

New CBA.  The refs are paid commision for every penalty called.  Or, they have a quota now.

#603 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,177 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:23 PM

BTW, I wouldn't be surprised if Huskins blew out his knee.  It wasn't just the hit, but the way he landed wasn't pretty either.  

Edited by GMRwings1983, 01 February 2013 - 10:24 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#604 Redwings-40-5

Redwings-40-5

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:24 PM

Tonight it seemed like the Blues vs Zetterberg. Z was a beast tonight. I hope we see more efforts like that from him, and also that everyone else was taking notes.

#605 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

GooZe! Z Jr. ~ Acting Captain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,013 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:24 PM

If he can do that against St Louis, ...

ya man, that makes it even more impressive.  top 5 team in the NHL in the Blues and stingy on D.  15 shutouts last year and 1 so far this year.  watching Z gives me shivers.

This offseason will determine whether Ken Holland should still be employed with the Wings organization.

Please put Smith on the Power Play!

#606 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,804 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:26 PM

After watching the replay, it seems Backes may hit Huskins chin. Difficult to see from behind but his head is shaking like hell.

I don't think so.  He hit him right in the solar plexes which is why Huskin caved like that.   It's getting harder to take this league serious with calls like that and many of the other wtf calls tonite. 

I guess I'd rather be a bit sheepish by winning on phantom call like that as oppossed to getting that same call and not capitalizing on it and then losing the game.  What can you do but win it.

Edited by T.Low, 01 February 2013 - 10:28 PM.

#607 xyzetterberg

xyzetterberg

Draftee

• 4 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:30 PM

I don't think so.  He hit him right in the solar plexes which is why Huskin caved like that.   It's getting harder to take this league serious with calls like that and many of the other wtf calls tonite. 

I guess I'd rather be a bit sheepish by winning on phantom call like that as oppossed to getting that same call and not capitalizing on it and then losing the game.  What can you do but win it.

Yes I think it was the wrong call too but again refing was bad for both teams, so I don't feel quilty we won because of it.

Go Wings

Edited by xyzetterberg, 01 February 2013 - 10:30 PM.

#608 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:30 PM

I don't know but she looked tacky as hell. Stay classy, Lady Who's Pissed That Santa Claus Kid Got Hank's Stick Instead of Her.

I think she got hit by the kid's stick

bringit.jpg

#609 Gizmo

Gizmo

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:31 PM

ya that call was terrible.  if anything 2 mins for charging.  he looked like he wanted to break Huskins' ribs.  never the less, crap call.

Agreed...  I understand why the trailing ref made the call due to the head-snap, but it was only a "chest cracker".  I wish we hadn't gotten the gamer winner on that PP, but then again we get screwed on calls too!

"Cry 'Havoc' and let slip Tomas Holmstrom!!!"

"In-a da crease... outta da crease... in-a da crease... outta da crease!!!"

#610 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:31 PM

Nice to win but seriously that phantom 5minute call was just stupid, referees should be held more accountable. Don't want to see games decided in such a fashion one way or the other.

Bad calls happen.  The game moves fast and the way Huskins' head snapped back its understandable how the bad call could have been made. 

#611 chances14

chances14

The Magician

• PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:35 PM

Yes I think it was the wrong call too but again refing was bad for both teams, so I don't feel quilty we won because of it.

Go Wings

agreed. wings have been shafted by the refs way too many times in the past for me to feel guilty about a call that goes our way for once.

special teams continues to be a huge problem, especially the powerplay. i know they scored 2 powerplay goals but it was pretty much non existent outside of that. It's like every player on the wings suddenly goes into slow motion once the powerplay begins. you can pretty much predict where every pass is going to go.

#612 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:40 PM

agreed. wings have been shafted by the refs way too many times in the past for me to feel guilty about a call that goes our way for once.

special teams continues to be a huge problem, especially the powerplay. i know they scored 2 powerplay goals but it was pretty much non existent outside of that. It's like every player on the wings suddenly goes into slow motion once the powerplay begins. you can pretty much predict where every pass is going to go.

ROTFL...

#613 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:42 PM

Our PP entries need work.

bringit.jpg

#614 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:45 PM

Good win, can't wait until we get White, Helm and Sammy all back, that's a lot of depth missing for us right now in both scoring and defensively. People might not like Sammy, but he's going to be giving us 20-30 points this year. White is one of our most consistent and best puck movers, and Helm is just Helm.

5th in the conference as we stand, and we have been playing better. Cleary is just terrible, I don't know if he just isn't in shape, or is injured, but it doesn't matter, he's making way too many mistakes, and not making enough plays to warrant the ice time he is currently getting. I'm really not sure why Eaves/Abby/Miller aren't getting more than him, I can usually get behind Babcock's decisions, but I'm not seeing the logic with playing Cleary.

#615 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:51 PM

Great game by Z and big E.

However I won't stop mentioning it. Our bottom six needs to get it going offensively with or without Helm.

#616 Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Starting Goaltender

• PipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:57 PM

Wow, that was a TRBL call (in Charles Barkley;s voice), but if they don't score at least once on this power play I quit.

EDIT: my GC feed must be a bit behind, I post this and I see the posts celebrating.  Okay, now we're in business, let's get another one please.

How did you watch this on GC? It was blacked out because it was on NHLN. Unless you're in Canada?
[ Image violated Forum Guidelines. Please use images sixed 400x100 pixels or smaller. ]

Just playin Chris, you know I love you!

lilja is an icelandic pony
lilja is an average high girl with blond hair and very sexy
lilja is about the sweetest kitten we have raised here
lilja is the comatose victim of a questionable accident

#617 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:10 PM

Tonight was the first game of the season we had good passing as a team. We controlled the puck and made good plays. We're definitely getting better with each game.

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#618 Ram

Ram

Goose

• Bronze Booster
  • 754 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:16 PM

Absurd call cost STL the game but Hank is the man and I really liked the way the squad looked tonight. Let's get another one tomorrow!

LGW

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#619 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:51 PM

Wings were lucky with that 5 minute call but all in all played 100% better than opening night against St Louis. Its still painfull to watch this teams special teams. Those need to get worked out fast. 

#620 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,555 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:09 AM

Am I the only one who thought Dats goal went in off Mule's leg?

Bad call on the Backes hit. Great to see Z in beast mode, and yes, Ericsson has a good first pass.