Photo
- - - - -

2/1 GDT : Blues 3 at Red Wings 5 (Z with Hat Trick)

gdt

• Please log in to reply
689 replies to this topic

#621 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,125 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:40 AM

Great game by Z and big E.

However I won't stop mentioning it. Our bottom six needs to get it going offensively with or without Helm.

Ya they need to, but man did tootoo ever have some good scoring chances tonight, I'm surprised he didn't score

Am I the only one who thought Dats goal went in off Mule's leg?

Bad call on the Backes hit. Great to see Z in beast mode, and yes, Ericsson has a good first pass.

Nope, I thought it went off mules leg too, I don't think mule will be upset he still gets an assist, points are points. 

I love proving all the naysayers wrong, talking about how bad the blues would beat us tonight :) 

#622 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:46 AM

The Captain :clap:

#623 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,280 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:11 AM

734048_10151384163474627_1239159181_n.jp

Problem, Oshie? 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#624 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,125 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:15 AM

well earned, well deserved hat trick :)

#625 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:15 AM

Ya they need to, but man did tootoo ever have some good scoring chances tonight, I'm surprised he didn't score

Yes Toots had a couple of chances but still. No points for our bottom six. I don't like this. As much as I love Z and Dat's they can't carry the team on their back. Especially if an injury occurs to Howard as mentioned in another thread. We need bottom six scoring.

#626 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,125 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:20 AM

Yes Toots had a couple of chances but still. No points for our bottom six. I don't like this. As much as I love Z and Dat's they can't carry the team on their back. Especially if an injury occurs to Howard as mentioned in another thread. We need bottom six scoring.

We do, I think tootoo's line will start scoring soon if they keep playing that way though, once Helm returns next week we will see more bottom six scoring with emmerton out of the lineup

#627 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:40 AM

We do, I think tootoo's line will start scoring soon if they keep playing that way though, once Helm returns next week we will see more bottom six scoring with emmerton out of the lineup

I hope your right. Injuries seem to be occuring more often than not these last few seasons for us Wings fans. Regardless of who's in the lineup especially in the bottom six we need other guys to step up. Not seeing that is a concern.

#628 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:17 AM

its pretty bad when the refs basically handed the Wings this game with that horrible call. 

#629 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:51 AM

its pretty bad when the refs basically handed the Wings this game with that horrible call. 

Yah it was a horrible call... that was a clean hit clearly. As a fan of hockey it pains me to see the officiating, not only in this game, but seemingly every single game this season. Every period I watch is DOMINATED by penalties... it is not even fun to watch. The refs need to put their whistles away and stop calling this garbage and let the boys play the game of hockey that we all know and love. While I feel the refs were a huge factor in the Wings win tonight, I am not going to complain because God knows it will even out sooner rather than later. I feel for the Blues and their fans... they played a solid road game after playing last night and probably deserved a point... its a shame the refs had to ruin what was an excellent hockey game. Anyways... go wings! :)

#630 shoobiedoobin

shoobiedoobin

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:34 AM

This is what happens when they actually call STL on their goon BS, and we decide to fight back and play their style of game. Suddenly they're not putting up 6. We're better, we just have to decide to play through their physicality and forecheck instead of looking forward to the next game like so many teams who don't feel like applying the Blues' own style against them. 

Look at it this way-while our bottom 6 isn't scoring, our top 6 is. The bottom six won't be ice cold forever, they'll pick up. Our stars are carrying us when we need them to. That's what a team is all about. We could easily be in a scoring drought all around.

Edited by shoobiedoobin, 02 February 2013 - 04:32 AM.

#631 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:24 AM

Just checked, our bottom six only has 2 points all season!  Good job Pav and Hank are on fire really.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#632 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,525 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:40 AM

I can't even tell you how happy I was to see Z dig for that 3rd goal... dare I say...Captain-like?  Yes!  Lead by example, and the others will follow. 

In addition, I am now sitting on the edge of the Tootoo bandwagon.  I wasn't too sure I liked this signing, having seen some of his chicken-s*** shenanigans in Nashville.  But, he comes to play and loves being a Wing.  More importantly, he makes other teams' players look over their shoulders when he's out there.  My kinda guy!

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#633 Wing-in-avs-town

Wing-in-avs-town

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:48 AM

Agreed...  I understand why the trailing ref made the call due to the head-snap, but it was only a "chest cracker".  I wish we hadn't gotten the gamer winner on that PP, but then again we get screwed on calls too!

Yep, what comes around goes around. Things even out. The interfenence call on Kronwall was horrible! That play happened at least 10 other times in the game.

The early bird may get the worm, but it's the 2nd mouse that gets the cheese.

#634 Stelmacki

Stelmacki

Draftee

• 1 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:51 AM

This is what happens when they actually call STL on their goon BS, and we decide to fight back and play their style of game. Suddenly they're not putting up 6. We're better, we just have to decide to play through their physicality and forecheck instead of looking forward to the next game like so many teams who don't feel like applying the Blues' own style against them. 

Look at it this way-while our bottom 6 isn't scoring, our top 6 is. The bottom six won't be ice cold forever, they'll pick up. Our stars are carrying us when we need them to. That's what a team is all about. We could easily be in a scoring drought all around.

Sorry if I misunderstood you, but are you saying "We're better than the 6-0 game", which I agree with, or "We're better than the Blues" which, sadly, just isn't true.

#635 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:53 AM

Sure looked like Backes took out Huskins knee on that hit.  Dirty b.a.s.t.a.r.d.

esteef

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#636 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,125 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:56 AM

Sorry if I misunderstood you, but are you saying "We're better than the 6-0 game", which I agree with, or "We're better than the Blues" which, sadly, just isn't true.

We will find out Thursday, which team is the better team. Both teams will have a day off, unfortunately it will be in St. Louis, advantage them, and also they don't have to travel as there Tuesday game is at home. But I feel like Thursday will really be the true marker of where we stand against the blues

#637 Wing-in-avs-town

Wing-in-avs-town

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:47 AM

4th line I thought played very well. Miller, Emmerton, & Tootoo had lots of energy and generated good scoring chances. Cleary on the other hand, yuck. Don't know really whats up with him, but he's turning the puck over ever time he touches it. His pen late was another of the bad calls in the game, so can't really blame him for that one.

The early bird may get the worm, but it's the 2nd mouse that gets the cheese.

#638 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:49 AM

Just checked, our bottom six only has 2 points all season!  Good job Pav and Hank are on fire really.

And, e-frikin-ventually, Mule will start carrying some mail. 

I really like Cleary, but of course got to wonder if he will ever regain his effectiveness and subsequent scoring touch.  I, for one, am glad that Babcock is giving him the opportunity to get his hockey together.

#639 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:10 PM

man what a game from Z.. that C really has brought him back to 2008 MVP form! 

#640 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,545 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:17 PM

Do you hear what I hear ("Elliott") at 0:20 in the TSN.ca video recap of the game?

Edited by P. Marlowe, 02 February 2013 - 12:17 PM.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic | | Mike Grier? |