• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redwingsindiana

Wings need a PP QB?

Rate this topic

After watching this first few games this season, I am really starting to miss guys like Lidstrom, Rafalski and Yzerman running the Power Play. Babcock needs to focus on this area of their game. They are missing too many opportunities.

CLEARY has no place on the PP. He has not ability to control the puck off the boards and face the middle of the ice. He faces the boards and loses the puck - just not enough skill or speed to warrant a place on the PP. I think eaves should get a shot in his place.

We need White on the point on the 2PP unit and then it won't be so bad without Kindl.

Babcock needs to get Cleary the hell off the PP. He's useless.

Why is he on the team?

As I said in the GDT, if we don't have anyone in the minors who can offer more than him, then we have the worst farm team in hockey.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Why is he on the team?

As I said in the GDT, if we don't have anyone in the minors who can offer more than him, then we have the worst farm team in hockey.

Cleary I think is more a case of loyalty. He's paid his dues so Babcock's got his back.

kronwall and smith are supposed to be the QB

kronwall has been a huge let down this season IMO even with his 4 assist on the PP.

2nd unit is worthless. bertuzzi fil and cleary. thats terrible, first unit scores or a bust. I really think they need to switch it up

Cleary I think is more a case of loyalty. He's paid his dues so Babcock's got his back.

What loyalty? It's not like he was playing for free all those years in an internship.

He got paid well enough for his previous contributions and now it's time to move on. This team doesn't owe him anything beyond what they've already given him.

Edited by GMRwings1983

What loyalty? It's not like he was playing for free all those years in an internship.

He got paid well enough for his previous contributions and now it's time to move on. This team doesn't owe him anything beyond what they've already given him.

This. everyone argued with me in the off season that we should keep him because he will score so many goals without the bummed out knee, so far I have been right and he is as useless as I have been saying. He is a millionaire, time to go elsewhere, maybe retire cleary

This. everyone argued with me in the off season that we should keep him because he will score so many goals without the bummed out knee, so far I have been right and he is as useless as I have been saying. He is a millionaire, time to go elsewhere, maybe retire cleary

he played pretty good in the playoffs. well better then he did during the season. i thought it was a sign that he would be better this season but hes worse. must have been them pain killers.

After watching this first few games this season, I am really starting to miss guys like Lidstrom, Rafalski and Yzerman running the Power Play. Babcock needs to focus on this area of their game. They are missing too many opportunities.

Zetterberg runs the PP, he's usually the one with the puck.

Geeze, reading these comments you'd think the Wings were 2-4-1, and not 4-2-1 (4-1-1 after the 6-0 blowout in St. Louis).

Like I've been saying, this is a fun team to watch, just sit back and enjoy.

Same thing with Emmerton.

Do we not have anyone in the minors who can play center better than Emmerton? If not, we're in deep trouble for the future.

Difference with Emmerton is he never had anything to start with. Cleary has nothing left because he's spent it all on the ice for the time, the guy has been an absolute warrior for us, especially in the playoffs. I feel sorry for the guy, his body is totally trashed and his reward is scorn from the fans and a release in the summer.

Same thing with Emmerton.

Do we not have anyone in the minors who can play center better than Emmerton? If not, we're in deep trouble for the future.

I dont think Emmerton get enough ice time to warrant complaints. He does what he is supposed to, no more no less. He works hard. What does Miller do that is so great?

Cleary looks done.

Talk about a thread going way off topic

Why is Emmerton and Millers name even in a power play thread?

I think the power play will see a bump when White and Sammy return may sound ridiculous but they offer more options. All the eggs are in that first power play line. Gotta bring the captain or Pavel off the 1st power play and balance out the second one and stop blaming Cleary.

I think they still have faith Cleary is hitting a rough spot and are giving him ice time so he can regain some confidence. It's arguable. We'll have to see.

The QB job is up for grabs for sure. It's up to the D to sort that out in Babcock's eyes. I thought it would have been Kronwall but he has had a tough time holding onto the puck and making good passes. The number of shots we are getting is pathetic. Brunner is the only guy pulling the trigger half the time.

Cleary's on the PP to do the net front presence. During practices he can rail deflections like no other(well, I lied, there are better :P). He normally is a workhorse and can hold his own in front of the net. Is it working? Not really. The dude's banged up but to say he isn't trying out there is insane. He's trying as hard as he can, putting it all on the ice. I'm not a cleary lover, and I certainly can agree with some points, but you gotta give him SOMETHING.

Zetterberg runs the PP, he's usually the one with the puck.

Geeze, reading these comments you'd think the Wings were 2-4-1, and not 4-2-1 (4-1-1 after the 6-0 blowout in St. Louis).

Like I've been saying, this is a fun team to watch, just sit back and enjoy.

Well as far as the PP goes, it's still incredibly s***ty. Fact is if we can improve on our special teams this is not a bad team at all, as 5-on-5 we've been doing quite well this season.

Kronwall has been making some very bad decisions on the point, but he's still our best PP defenseman. Personally I think that if we have both Pav and Z on the same PP unit, Z should man the point with Pav controlling the play down low or along the sidewall. Brunner should either be in front of the net getting deflections/rebounds, or atleast be hanging around the slot/circles ready for one timers. He's not terrible at the point, but I feel he's somewhat wasted in that position.

Why is he on the team?

Andersson would be great on a bottom 6 position.

I love Danny Boy but I also agree his ship has sailed. The funny thing is he will have 2-3 flashes a game where I think he still might have it and then he completely f's that up again.