• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2/2 GDT : Red Wings 2 at Blue Jackets 4

Rate this topic

We'll have a lot of back to backs and 3 in 4 nights all year.. If you can't beat the Jackets without their best defenseman, we'll have a really hard time against other teams in these types of situations.

No excuses here.

My point exactly. Why do I find myself agreeing with your ass so much tonght? I think someone slipped something in my JD.

Look at the teams Price has had in front of him, and the teams Howard has had.

Not many Lidstroms, Rafalskis, Stuarts or Kronwalls on Montreal's roster.

So Detroit has been a good defensive team the past few years? Really? P.K Subban, Kaberle, Emelin, Markov, Wisniewski, Hamrlik, Spacek, Gill aren't exactly awful players to be playing behind.

Fair enough, didn't mean to exaggerate the "much" part.

Edited by Carman

Haha, only twice but I had the same thought. Really should have made one of the two before...

No offense from you tonight? :eh: In any case,

I think Brunner has improved a lot in his defense play during the last 3 games. It was good to see him attack in pp when the Wings were in danger of losing the puck.

But also, a couple of bad passes tonight, and at least 2 good scoring chances. But hey, let's just book that on variance for today.

Well that sucked. Losing to a bottom dweller and losing another player to injury. Hopefully Smith is back soon. We all wanted more Lashoff, but not for Smith... We just don't seem to bunch back quickly. To many old legs? Who knows... Ugly is all I can say............

So Detroit has been a good defensive team the past few years? Really? P.K Subban, Kaberle, Emelin, Markov, Wisniewski, Hamrlik, Spacek, Gill aren't exactly awful players to be playing behind.

Fair enough, didn't mean to exaggerate the "much" part.

I don't think those guys are all that. Most of them are just offensive defenseman. Gill is a human pylon who takes up space. I'll give him that.

I don't think those guys are all that. Most of them are just offensive defenseman. Gill is a human pylon who takes up space. I'll give him that.

Forgot that Rafalski and Kronwall are defensive dynamos...

That was tough to watch. Let down game for sure, but in all honesty, our defense is just pitiful.

1 goal isn't going to win many games. Also a couple of those goals were offensive turnovers that led to odd man rushes. Not saying our d is good, but the entire team played awful tonight, Jimmy included.

Samuelsson and White should help out a ton on the secondary scoring though, so that's something to look forward to.

No offense from you tonight? :eh:

Gave me no reason, that was a very reasonable statement, unlike others ;)

I think Brunner has improved a lot in his defense play during the last 3 games. It was good to see him attack in pp when the Wings were in danger of losing the puck.

Something you deemed impossible or at least unlikely several times, didn't you? ;)

As to his chances I agree, he really should have made at least the one in the powerplay. THAT could have made a big difference for the game.

A major trade is NEEDED!!! Picks or players or picks and players. Or else this will be our new sport, resurrected from the 70's-80's-mid 90's.

attachicon.gifa20792912a793e525b5a26_m.jpg

Takes two to tango. And if it's going to be a major trade for us we will probably have to overpay.

We aren't falling out of the race or anything, no need to do something that won't benefit us for the long term. I'm not against a move, but it would be rare to make a move this early into a shortened season, teams don't know what they have in their players yet.

I'm quite relaxed. It's just that I realize that we are not what we we once were. If we beat a good team (not the #1) one night and can't beat a cellar dweller the next, then, what are we? I'm just saying that now, and for the last few years we have been on the decline. It may take some top draft picks for us to return to an "elite" status.

We have some talent in Grand Rapids, what needs to be done is for Holland to get off his azz and make some trades (trades that DONT bring back former Wings) we have young players that are to valuable to just release but not getting any quality ice time and 2 young ones ready for the NHL NOW in GR (Nyquist-Tatar).

Young D-Men like Lashoff and B.Smith look very good, others like Kindle are not very impressive and K.Quincy looks like a major bust after letting him go on Waivers to keep Chelios in his last season, then trading a 1st round pick to get him back---OUCH!! he is playing like someone who should have been had for a 4th round pick!

Trade bait: Kindle, Cleary, Emmerton, Mursak, Abdlekader, we can package some of these guys to get a very good D-man like Bouwmeester from the Flames, he can be had because of his cap hit $6 mil and Flames slumping again this year.

Forgot that Rafalski and Kronwall are defensive dynamos...

They are. Kronwall at his best was better defensively than the guys you named. Not stellar, but good.

Rafalski seems like a God now compared to our current d-men in their own zone. But yes, he had his faults, many of which were covered up by Lidstrom.

In any case, Howard had a better core of D-men in front of him. We'll have a wait a long time before we can assemble a top four pairing like that again.

When's the last time the Red Wings scored a shorty with the opposing goalie in te net

According to NHL.com we scored two last season (Filppula and B. Stuart) and 5 in 10-11 (Helm x2, Datsyuk, Miller, Eaves), but honestly the last one I actually remember was the one Filppula scored on his birthday against Luongo in 2010.

Trade bait: Kindle, Cleary, Emmerton, Mursak, Abdlekader, we can package some of these guys to get a very good D-man like Bouwmeester from the Flames, he can be had because of his cap hit $6 mil and Flames slumping again this year.

yeah no way, we might get a 7th round pick tops for that package.

Brent Burns would have cost the Wings Filppula, Smith, and a first. That's the going rate for a top 2 defenseman. Probably more considering Filppula isn't on a long term deal like Setoguchi was.

Maybe Gordie Howe wants to play in another decade. He's a right handed shot and could help this powerplay.

Psh Jason Williams is still out there. There's a good right handed shot.