• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2/2 GDT : Red Wings 2 at Blue Jackets 4

Rate this topic

Famous last words indeed. Ladies and gentleman, welcome to your 2013 Detroit Bi-polars!

Interesting quote from Howard Their second goal was absolute garbage. Is he blaming himself for it, or throwing Kronwall under the bus?

EDIT: Nevermind, found a more complete quote on Mlive, Howard totally blaming himself

“Awful, with a capital A,'' Howard said of his performance. “Just wasn't

there. I just didn't feel comfortable. Second goal was absolute

garbage. It took the wind completely out of our sails.''

Jimmy learned from a couple of A-list goalies to never throw his players under the bus, for sure. He is honest with himself and this translates to his team knowing he always has their backs - even if they don't always deserve it.

This game was just one of those nights, CBJs wanted to win at home and the Wings let them. Hopefully there was a lesson learned, but I wasn't particularly surprised at the let-down.

Wings were obviously tired from the Blues game. Bertuzzi and Cleary could barely skate out there.

I'm thinking that for the next back to back game, the Wings pull up a couple of the Griffins so that they have some young, fresh legs.

apparently that went along with a decrease in his offensive appetite.

I'd be surprised if he actually could lose his offensive "appetite". But as to his offensive output I really hope that doesn't happen.

Wings were obviously tired from the Blues game. Bertuzzi and Cleary could barely skate out there.

I'm thinking that for the next back to back game, the Wings pull up a couple of the Griffins so that they have some young, fresh legs.

im not sure why bertuzzi and cleary were tired. i didnt notice them in the blues game either

smith out for 2 weeks. lashoff in next game

kronwall needs to step his game up. or was he always this bad and lids just hid it

Edited by brett

Kronwall has been cabbage for 2 years now. Since Rafalski left he went from getting better each year to taking a giant leap backwards, then is awarded a huge contract. He just looks like he has terrible hockey sense. Maybe just from all the different coaches coming and going here

Kronwall has been cabbage for 2 years now. Since Rafalski left he went from getting better each year to taking a giant leap backwards, then is awarded a huge contract. He just looks like he has terrible hockey sense. Maybe just from all the different coaches coming and going here

And he's our big Lidstrom replacement. :no2:

esteef

Its a treat to play the jackets on a back to back night, should have grabbed the W. Can't lose to the flames, il never hear the end of it and its the damn Flames! Wings better be ready...flamers hate losing and they lose a lot, they will come out fired up

I felt there was an opportunity or three for maybe Tootoo to try and spark the lack of wings effort with a scrum. jackets certainly took some liberties and never had to answer the bell for doing so. By no means am I speculating that we would have won the game but last night was the first night I was actually thinking he would fight to spark.

This is what is funny: "Wings were tired from back to back games..." Really? Thats your excuse?

Go back 24 hours, Wings just beat the Blues and eveyone was saying how great the Wings played and how the out hustled and out worked St. Louis...

Think about that....Wings beat the Blues (after Blues played the night before) and the Wings are great, the Blues don't get the luxory of the same excuse of being tired....Jackets beat the Wings (after Wings played the night before) and the Wings were tired, there's no way the Wings played crappy enough to lose to the Jackets, right? Hogwash!

The Wings BARELY beat the Jackets last time! This team is in serious trouble....The only reason the Wings beat the Blues is because of a phantom 5:00 major to Backes...sure they payed better than game 1, but this team is gong nowhere adn nowhere fast. Someone above mentioned trading Flip, he IS one of our only tradeable assets that could garner us a good return...We have the upper hand in trading him to Anaheim due to his relationship with Selanne. If indeed, Bobby Ryan is on the outs then make a deal! Package some things together, get Ryan here to play with Datsyuk. I like Flip, but this team looks MUCH better with Ryan on Dats wing instead of Flip, who would look great centering Selanne...it's a win win for both teams!

Ryan - Dats - Bert

then in the off season go hard of Corey Perry! Or hell, come up with a blockbuster that gets you BOTH Perry and Ryan now....it's time for a change in Detroit, this sorry old team isn't going to get it done...

They are not going to trade flip for Ryan straight up or this deal would have already been done.

Who is the "They" you speak of? Are you saying Holland wouldn't or Anaheim wouldn't...I think even if Anaheim offered Holland Ryan, he wold still not trade him, because Holland is God and everyone he says is going to make it in Detroit stays in Detroit (gets overpaid) and ends up not getting any better in Detroit...

Ryan would flourish here and Filppula would flourish there...its a no brainer...Trade Flip and others for Ryan....get it done!