• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
NyquistianDeke

Emmerton

Rate this topic

Why are people so down on him? Yes he was below average most of last season, but he is playing very well early on this season

He is skating hard, making good decisions, playing solid defense, and has some speed. Tootoo and him have been building some chemistry and wreaking havoc on other team

Is he a star? no, but he is proving to be a solid 4th liner at this point

For the rest of the season when people return to healthy I would role the bottom 6 like this

Miller-Helm-Samuellson

Abs-Emmerton-tootoo

You can get rid of cleary in my opinion and Eaves can be the healthy scratch that rotates in. I would prefer Eaves to Miller, but Miller is a natural left winger.

I think that the bottom line of Abs-Emmerton-Tootoo would bring some grit and toughness and wear opponents down

He's been playing decent out there this season, atleast the past 4 games i'd give him. His saving grace is the fact that he's used as a center in our system, and our depth there isn't that great. I would say that his value is going up, and he'd be apart of a package, but i'm not sure we want to get rid of the 4th line center with helmer going down so frequently. He's been on the PK also, and doing a decent job.

Axe, by the way buddy, this is YOUR thread my man.

I agree that Emmerton has improved. However, despite his improved decision making etc. he still seems to get pushed around. I don't think he has gotten strong enough yet. He's still growing and bulking up though.

However, you may want to get rid of Cleary but that's not happening. I dont get how you think that a fourth line of Abs - Emmerton - Tootoo 'would bring some grit and toughness and wear opponents down' when comparing it to a potential fourth line of Miller/Eaves - Abs - Tootoo. But that's just my opinion

He's been playing decent out there this season, atleast the past 4 games i'd give him. His saving grace is the fact that he's used as a center in our system, and our depth there isn't that great. I would say that his value is going up, and he'd be apart of a package, but i'm not sure we want to get rid of the 4th line center with helmer going down so frequently. He's been on the PK also, and doing a decent job.

Don't get him started

I'm ok with Emmerton so far this season. To me he looks a little bit faster and stronger out there than before. I was pissed that he began the year on the Wings because I badly wanted to see Tatar,Nyquist, and Mursak but now I can understand why he plays because the team needs a 4th line center not a top 6 player

I'm ok with Emmerton so far this season. To me he looks a little bit faster and stronger out there than before. I was pissed that he began the year on the Wings because I badly wanted to see Tatar,Nyquist, and Mursak but now I can understand why he plays because the team needs a 4th line center not a top 6 player

Mursak is done here and Tatar/Nyquist will be/should be trade bait.

I must be the only one who liked what I saw from Chris Conner when he was here. He had more jump, had better speed, through more hits, and was more effective on the ice than Emmerton, Mursak, and any of the other guys rotated up for a few games. The guy was flying. As much as I like Clears, Conner was more effective.

If Abby isn't going to score once in a while on Helm's wing, then I think a fourth line of Conner-Abby-Toots could be really effective.

Other than him getting injured, what am I missing?

Edited by T.Low

Emmerton has been basically what I expected. A marginal skill player in a bottom-six role that doesn't provide much of anything. He's a decent skater and can be used on the PK, but beyond that he's filler until Helm is healthy. I would prefer a 4th line center that hits, forechecks and is physical instead. Abdelkader does all of those things more effectively at wing.

I must be the only one who liked what I saw from Chris Conner when he was here. He had more jump, had better speed, through more hits, and was more effective on the ice than Emmerton, Mursak, and any of the other guys rotated up for a few games. The guy was flying. As much as I like Clears, Conner was more effective.

If Abby isn't going to score once in a while on Helm's wing, then I think a fourth line of Conner-Abby-Toots could be really effective.

I always liked Conner too. He was sent down by Pheonix this year as well. If he was bigger, he would be amazing.

Edited by rrasco

I must be the only one who liked what I saw from Chris Conner when he was here.

Many people here liked him. He just went and signed to a team with a more probable roster spot for him.

I think Emmerton's been OK. He hasn't done much of anything but hasn't made many mistakes either. He provides nice depth since Wings seemingly has to have five regulars injured all the time. It's not much use now to talk about if he's lower in the depth chart than Miller, Eaves, Mursak and co. since Wings don't seem to ever be healthy enough to make it necessary to get rid of some of them.

Thanks for the replies, guys. Looks like no one's talking about him now because for whatever reason, it's water under the (Ambassador) bridge, long gone, too bad, a little sad, I'll move on.

I'm proud to be from Michigan, so I tend to like it when the Wings can get local boys on the team...and I played against the Livonia schools in high school. (beat Stevenson to win the last year of the Inter-Lakes League Basketball championship waaaay back in the early '80's. :) )

My problem with Emmerton is that he is not noticeable. I want energy players on my fourth line who crash, bang, and irritate. Emmerton is about as irritating as fleece.

Well said. He may very well do a decent, safe, job out there, it's just that I haven't noticed opponents noticing him.

Mursak is done here and Tatar/Nyquist will be/should be trade bait.

Ok so from what I gather here (not this thread but lurking around the forums in general the past year) Tatar is the one that we should trade right? What is the consensus with Nyquist??? He is clearly very skilled but do you guys believe he has what it takes to be really good

Edited by canadian wings fan

Ok so from what I gather here (not this thread but lurking around the forums in general the past year) Tatar is the one that we should trade right? What is the consensus with Nyquist??? He is clearly very skilled but do you guys believe he has what it takes to be really good

As if on cue, Tatar had a hat trick last night in Hamilton. He's on pace for 35 goals or something. Just throwing this out there.

Guest fat guy in a maltby jersey

emmerton is a nothing player, but he's not been the worst guy on the team or anything.

serious question here: what, exactly, would dan cleary need to do to get benched?

i mean...when is enough enough?

Edited by fat guy in a maltby jersey

Guest The Axe

Yah! I am glad people are just starting to take Emdog for what he's worth. A guy who knows his damn role and shuts his damn mouth!

I agree 100% with ya on Conner!!!