• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
NyquistianDeke

Emmerton

Rate this topic

Guest The Axe

So you don't think he's a jabroni?

He's a good 13th forward. Thats all. People want him to be Draper, but he's not and never will ne. You just gotta like Emdog for what he does- fills in for injured guys.

He's a good 13th forward. Thats all. People want him to be Draper, but he's not and never will ne. You just gotta like Emdog for what he does- fills in for injured guys.

I'd settle for Maltby, or Mac, or Devereaux, or Stacy Roest, or Matt Hussey...or anyone else who's no longer on the team. :)

Ok, just kidding, I don't have any problem with Emmy. I doubt many others would either if injuries weren't putting him in the lineup every game.

Guest The Axe

I'd settle for Maltby, or Mac, or Devereaux, or Stacy Roest, or Matt Hussey...or anyone else who's no longer on the team. :)

Ok, just kidding, I don't have any problem with Emmy. I doubt many others would either if injuries weren't putting him in the lineup every game.

Exactly. Good way to say it.

Guest The Axe

Like I said before, Babcock should sit Cleary and make the 4th line Miller - Emmy - Eaves. Then have the 3rd line Abby-Helm-Tootoo....

Cleary has lost his way. Its too bad.

I don't think anyone has said Emmerton is bad, he just adds nothing to this team. So people aren't sentimental about seeing him go.

Nope, I said it. I stick by it too. Emmerton is trash, we have enough trash. Get rid of Emmerton, Cleary, Quincey, Kindl, and Mursak, for starters

Guest The Axe

Well, be does live at the Smackdown Hotel...

Emdog will get #2 next game. I guarantee it.

Guest The Axe

Emmerton got his goal for the year, now he's done. He will float as long as babs lets him

You know that aint true

Funny, all summer and lockout you argued that he was a regular and that "We would see".

Frankly, this team has absolutely zero need for a regular 13th forward who will always be a 13th forward. We have Nyquist, Tatar, & Andersson, & Jurco and others as well who could fill that position from time to time and be better served from it.

"Emdog" is dead wood. Hopefully the Wings can get something for him.

Emmerton's here because his defense is very good, he doesn't make stupid mistakes and he doesn't take dumb penalties. He'll never be some offensive superstar but it's more our fault for wanting that out of a 4th line grunt. He doesn't really have an identity and he doesn't make huge offensive players or hits. And if we can't label or
identify a guy, we turn on him. We need players to be easily identifiable. Every player has their rep, Emmerton's more of a blank slate and without an obvious reason to look at him, we turn into ****** bags and hate him.

He's quietly got a really good set of hands and can get a shot off quickly, too. He's also a good PKer. I'm fine with him as a 4th liner. He also was rarely a minus player last season and hasn't been a minus in any game thus far. Sometimes it's just good to have a reliable vanilla player who doesn't screw up.

People are down on him because he's just a seat filler.

Can't believe the farm team is so dense as to not have anyone else they could plug in at center. Andersson has been mentioned, so I'd like to see what he can do.

Yup, they're always dense and you've always got the right answer that an entire hockey organization doesn't have.

Edited by shoobiedoobin

Guest The Axe

I don't mind him. Youth, speed, and (semi)grit is never a bad thing. Got decent hands for a 4th winger too.

Exactly. He aint Yzerman. But who is?

Emmerton's here because his defense is very good, he doesn't make stupid mistakes and he doesn't take dumb penalties. He'll never be some offensive superstar but it's more our fault for wanting that out of a 4th line grunt. He doesn't really have an identity and he doesn't make huge offensive players or hits. And if we can't label or

identify a guy, we turn on him. We need players to be easily identifiable. Every player has their rep, Emmerton's more of a blank slate and without an obvious reason to look at him, we turn into ****** bags and hate him.

He's quietly got a really good set of hands and can get a shot off quickly, too. He's also a good PKer. I'm fine with him as a 4th liner. He also was rarely a minus player last season and hasn't been a minus in any game thus far. Sometimes it's just good to have a reliable vanilla player who doesn't screw up.

Yup, they're always dense and you've always got the right answer that an entire hockey organization doesn't have.

You are making too much sense.

I agree totally. That's what I was praising him for in a GDT a few games back when he had a PK that was 2008 playoffs Z like. It was a phenominal shift by Emmerton.

Anybody unhappy with Emdog now? Hate seems to have subsided.

He's working real hard, which is what he needs to do because he doesn't have enough other attributes to have a place in the bottom six without that work.