• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Finnish Wing

2013 Most Anticipated Games

Rate this topic

I saw a story somewhere around the interwebs that had something like "the 55 most anticipated games of 2013". Out of that whole list, I'm mildly interested in one game (GTA V), and more-than-mildly interested in only one other (The Last of Us). And that was it...

Long story short, I'm not thinking that 2013 will be a year filled with new games for me. Might be re-playing a lot of my games, or maybe picking up some 2012 games that are on markdown/clearance.

Here's the trailer for The Last of Us...

I'm not sure what kind of game that "The Last of Us" is exactly, but I've been waiting for a real survivor type of game for a long time. I loved RE's before they decided to change them to action shooters. Something realistic, like people (including YOU) actually getting killed by potentially one bullet and having only limited ammo is what I'd really want from a game like that. And that every enemy encounter is something special, like in RE 1 and 2.

edit: Okay, the game looks AMAZING! It for PS3 only, I see.

Edited by Finnish Wing

I used to love Super Metroid and the Star Wars games on SNES.

I didn't know they were making Pikmin 3, I played the first one on Gamecube and loved it, never got a chance to play the second one though.

I plan on picking up Dead Space 3 very soon.

Agreed about the Metroid game, also loved Predator on the SNES or double dragon man great games from a sadly past era.

Alright, I finally have a game I can say I'm really looking forward to in 2013. Though, ironically, it's for a 10 year old game.

Final Fantasy X's HD Remake for the PS3 will be released December 31st, 2013. In any list of my favorite video games, FFX probably ranks in at #2. (Heck, as you can see, my "elimination game"

is from Final Fantasy X...)

Can't wait!!

I'm not sure what kind of game that "The Last of Us" is exactly, but I've been waiting for a real survivor type of game for a long time. I loved RE's before they decided to change them to action shooters. Something realistic, like people (including YOU) actually getting killed by potentially one bullet and having only limited ammo is what I'd really want from a game like that. And that every enemy encounter is something special, like in RE 1 and 2.

idk if you have a PC but DayZ was pretty unique in that aspect. Not quite RE-esque, but an everyone for themselves/don't trust anyone survival mod for ARMA. I haven't played it in awhile though and heard it's turned to crap, so we'll see how the standalone version turns out.

Just bought an SNES with Super Mario kart the Original one, what a great game/time it was.

Maybe I am going to check out the Witcher 3 but only if its more of an open world instead of a linear story driven RPG.

Heh, I recently bought a USB SNES controller and played Super Mario World on an emulator. :cheesy:

As for in the future, I'm not really anticipating any games currently. I think I'll wait to see what comes with the new consoles later this year.

Edited by dropkickshanahans

Alright, I finally have a game I can say I'm really looking forward to in 2013. Though, ironically, it's for a 10 year old game.

Final Fantasy X's HD Remake for the PS3 will be released December 31st, 2013. In any list of my favorite video games, FFX probably ranks in at #2. (Heck, as you can see, my "elimination game" signature is from Final Fantasy X...)

Can't wait!!

Well, the December 31st release date appears to have been scrubbed, though they're still aiming for a 2013 release date.

And I have to say, I'm rather disappointed by the news that the FFX HD remake will include 60 "remixed" tracks from the original soundtrack. If you ask me, the original soundtrack to FFX was PERFECT. I will be very VERY skeptical of any remixing that goes on, as it will almost certainly detract from the value of the original soundtrack, rather than add to it.

But, in better news, a side-by-side comparison was released recently, and wow does it look good...

Seriously. Listen to that piano track in that video, and TRY to tell me that a "remix" could actually improve it...

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

GTA V, NHL 14, Saints Row IV, Tom Clancys Splinter Cell: Blacklist, Madden 25, COD: Ghosts, WWE2K14, Diablo III

Well as far as the "big name" game titles go, I went with Bioshock Infinite, GTA V, Diablo 3, and NHL 14 this year.

For me personally, the best game I played that had been released in 2013 was Bioshock Infinite, they strayed so far from the first two games, created a new world, new characters, and it was stunning. Everything about it had me sucked in until the mind twisting conclusion that tied the series together beautifully. Now recently with the "Burial At Sea" DLC story addition, it's easily been my favorite game and experience this year.

GTA V was great, it really was, but with the online problems plaguing the game along with cheaters, glitchers, and these randoms online who's only intention is to kill you at every turn opposed to doing anything constructive ruined a lot of the experience. The campaign was one of the better ones in the GTA series, and that aspect of it was very well done.

DIablo 3 was good but difficult as a single player experience. It's meant to be played online cooperatively, and by the time I picked it up most of my friends had moved onto other games. It's still arguably the best dungeon crawler experience on Xbox and it translated well, if not better from PC.

NHL 14... it's a mess. It feels like the last game of this generation, half-assed, and overblown. The hitting is ridiculously overpowered, and the injury frequency in game modes like GM Connected is irritating. On top of that, the same old "backhand forehand" and "Short side corner wrister" glitch shots still work incredibly well, meaning half of the online community abuses them to the point of complete annoyance.

To close out 2013, a pretty mild year for gaming, for me it's Bioshock Infinite and GTA V in close 2nd. If you only buy one game this year, make it one of these two depending on your taste in games.

My list of games that I anticipated were mostly Batman Arkham Origins, and Final Fantasy X HD.

Batman got terrible reviews, which is not fair to the game. Most of the poor reviews claimed that the gameplay was too similar to previous games in the series. Yet Call of Duty gets 9s and 10s every time, and it's always the same damn game. Anywho, financial constraints prevented me from getting this one as of yet, though.

Final Fantasy X got bumped back to 2014.

Long story short, I didn't play even one 2013 game this year...

My list of games that I anticipated were mostly Batman Arkham Origins, and Final Fantasy X HD.

Batman got terrible reviews, which is not fair to the game. Most of the poor reviews claimed that the gameplay was too similar to previous games in the series. Yet Call of Duty gets 9s and 10s every time, and it's always the same damn game. Anywho, financial constraints prevented me from getting this one as of yet, though.

Final Fantasy X got bumped back to 2014.

Long story short, I didn't play even one 2013 game this year...

FFX HD? Do you know if they have/are doing the same for VII and VIII, or even III? I've always thought those were more popular?

FFX HD? Do you know if they have/are doing the same for VII and VIII, or even III? I've always thought those were more popular?

Fans have long been clamoring for a remake of VII, but to the best of my knowledge, there are no plans announced for anything.

A remake of "X" makes sense because they're only really polishing up the game as it is, without having to do too much in the way of new scenes or gameplay. Some new music, polish up the graphics on the gameplay and the animation cutscenes, and it's done.

A VII remake would largely need to be a "from the ground up" new project, since it would need all new dialogue, cutscenes, gameplay, etc, due to the fact that it's a 16 year old game on a LONG outdated platform. While hardcore fans would certainly buy such a game, it's a lengthy (and expensive) project for SquareEnix to embark upon, and it may not attract enough of the newer generation of gamers (who seem to live only for new Call of Duty/Battlefield/GTA games).

And considering how BADLY they bumbled FFXIV, a large project such as a VII remake may not be too palatable for SE...

I'd buy a HD remake of FFVII in a heartbeat, it was likely my favorite game on the original Playstation.

Other companies attempted to do so, like Capcom remaking Resident Evil and RE2 on Gamecube and although the remake was pretty incredible (I purchased both) the sales just weren't there to justify the time and money it took to revamp it completely from the ground up.

Now another example like Jedi is talking about above, is how they reformatted Resident Evil 4 and re-released it on the Xbox marketplace as a Game On Demand. They didn't have to change the game, the code, they just had to change the resolution, do some anti-aliasing work and resell it for $30. It was minimal effort but being the game itself was so brilliant it sold well and they profited from it.