• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
esteef

2/3 around the NHL

Rate this topic

More Crosby knob slobbing by Pierre and Eddie O in the Caps/Pens game (what's new). Crosby flops while trying to score, doesn't get the call (and rightly so), and the crew goes on to bring up Elias from the game before saying Crosby embellishes all the time. They try to defend the golden child (of course) by showing the replay where he clearly dives while they describe it as being hooked. Some things never change.

Also, The Crabb-Hendricks line layed about 4 or 5 big hits while keeping the puck down low and getting a few scoring chances. At the stoppage of play what replay do they show? Letang's one measely hit during that sequence (which was lame) while his line was getting their asses handed to them. Preach on NBC crew.

s*** like this is why people claim favoritism toward the Pens and horse face boy.

/rant.

esteef

NBC sports are as about as dumb as a bunch of rocks as much as the NHL for marketing this sport. If you want more fans you don't focus on select teams and not just teams in the East. You don't market just select players you market as many as you can because fans are all over not in just one area. It's not rocket science :plain:

They really do hang on cindy's nutz. I have actually been watching the letsgopenis.com blog, and I have to say that between the lot of the members, there is absolutly zero sense of humor on that site. Just very vanilla/boring conversations going on. How miserable.

Pretty interesting to see vancouver management at the caps game.

Guest irishock

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. I hope the trend continues.

:hysterical: Ryan Suter leaving exposed that ass

:hysterical: Ryan Suter leaving exposed that ass

Suter is doing worse in Minnesota imo. Weber hasn't produced offensively, but he hasn't been bad defensively. Suter is terrible on the defensive side so far, and is only really getting points because Parise is God.

Guest Playmaker

NBC sports are as about as dumb as a bunch of rocks as much as the NHL for marketing this sport. If you want more fans you don't focus on select teams and not just teams in the East. You don't market just select players you market as many as you can because fans are all over not in just one area. It's not rocket science :plain:

Hockey is a niche sport in the US. NBC has done better at getting ratings than any other network has been. Most sports market their stars, not their sport. NASCAR isn't more popular than the NHL because of the sport, but because of the drivers, the stars. The NBA isn't about the Lakers vs. the Heat...its about Kobe vs. LeBron...A casual sports fan isn't going to turn into a Tuesday night game with the Minnesota Wild playing the Calgary Flames anymore than they're going to turn into a Milwaukee Bucks/Sacremento Kings game. Whether you like Sydney Crosby or not, he's one of the league's biggest stars, he's won a Stanley Cup and he speaks coherent English. The East Coast has the largest concentration of population and the teams are going to get the most attention. I don't get all the whining about it. It isn't like the Wings don't get quite a bit of attention from the network.

I saw a bit of the PIT v WSH game and I think it was before the game started...someone asked whether opposing teams game plan for Ovechkin anymore. The response was that they do, but only on the PK.

The thing about showing all the eastern teams, NBC is going to show what sells. They are going to get their largest audience in the east, so that's why they show teams from the east, it's basic economics.