• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
amato

Smith out 3-4 weeks (per twitter)

Rate this topic

lashoff was great last night and made some nice plays to shut down opportunities. Its too bad.

Yes, definitely agree. I thought Lashoff was great last night and has been very steady overall. Can't even tell he's a rookie most games.

Unfortunately, since he can go to Grand Rapids, that will likely be his destination when/if the healthy bodies come back. Disappointing because I think Lashoff is more valuable than Kindl or Colaiacovo. I like Huskins, but would prefer Lashoff over him too.

I hope Smith stays healthy now, because he has some chemistry with Lashoff and would make a great duo!

Kronwall - Ericsson

Smith - Lashoff

Huskins - White

I worry about a pair of rookies. Maybe Smith-Huskins?

lashoff was great last night and made some nice plays to shut down opportunities. Its too bad.

I like Lashoff and think he could be a solid bottom pairing guy. But his positioning and awareness is sketchy. His positioning has lead to quite a few goals against, including today. I think he will be the odd man out when all the D are healthy, and I'm still undecided if that is the best option. Time will tell by our defensive play.

I want Brendan back asap but still there is gonna be a learning curve with him all season imo. And now that I think about it I don't care if Carlo is hurt all season long. Let all the injury prone players ride out their injuries. More time for the young kids to step up. Yes please.

Lashoff's getting a lot of love and I think almost every bit of it is deserved. But he's had a few moments where he just flat out lost his mind and forgot where to be, or just got burnt by a quick agile forward. It's rare though and it hasn't hurt him too much yet. These are rookie bumps obviously but he's not perfect. I almost would rather have Lashoff go back to the AHL for a little more polish. Bring up Smith in his place and when Cola comes back, sit Kindl. Try as we might Kindl doesn't fit in here. It's sad but he's just not working. If he plays, play him as trade bait. Before his value is nothing.

Edited by shoobiedoobin

Lashoff's getting a lot of love and I think almost every bit of it is deserved. But he's had a few moments where he just flat out lost his mind and forgot where to be, or just got burnt by a quick agile forward. It's rare though and it hasn't hurt him too much yet. These are rookie bumps obviously but he's not perfect. I almost would rather have Lashoff go back to the AHL for a little more polish. Bring up Smith in his place and when Cola comes back, sit Kindl. Try as we might Kindl doesn't fit in here. It's sad but he's just not working. If he plays, play him as trade bait. Before his value is nothing.

The only thing is I'd rather have Lashoff learn at the NHL level now, his game is going to be tailored around stopping highly skilled guys, guys that you don't play against in the AHL. I don't think him playing more in the AHL, playing against younger skilled players would help him as much as going against the likes of Kane, Toews, Sedins etc. Not to mention he's exactly the style of defenseman the Wings are weak at, and he's not hurting us.

The only thing is I'd rather have Lashoff learn at the NHL level now, his game is going to be tailored around stopping highly skilled guys, guys that you don't play against in the AHL. I don't think him playing more in the AHL, playing against younger skilled players would help him as much as going against the likes of Kane, Toews, Sedins etc. Not to mention he's exactly the style of defenseman the Wings are weak at, and he's not hurting us.

He will. I'm sure since he's receiving a lot of hugs and feels that I'll be labeled some kind of hater or something but I've seen times where he could've but just lucked out and didn't. He can be polished in the AHL. You could use your reasoning against sending him down for any player, any position.

I like Lashoff and think he could be a solid bottom pairing guy. But his positioning and awareness is sketchy. His positioning has lead to quite a few goals against, including today. I think he will be the odd man out when all the D are healthy, and I'm still undecided if that is the best option. Time will tell by our defensive play.

Well he's playing better then Ericsson did starting out, and look how good he is now. I have faith Lashoff will develop into a reliable top 4 dman and he can even chip in a few goals too :)

Kindl will play

Kindl was drafted 8 years ago in the 1st round, time after time he has failed to crack the lineup full time. He will play only when there are injuries and when someone needs a break...that is sad for him. He has had every oppurtunity to be a top 6 or top 5 defender, its just not in the cards here for him. Lashoff has passed him up on the depth chart and even though Kindl is better than Quincey, Quincey will get in before him just because of his salary. I know that the draft is a gamble, but when you are drafted in the 1st round, especially as high as he was, you are expected to be a regular player at least, if not a top 2 defenseman. Right now, Huskins and Lashoff are both more valuable than Kindl. When Smith returns it is Kindl who will sit, not Lashoff. Kindl will probably rotate with Huskins but when Quincey returns (barf) Huskins will get the nod of Kindl and when fully healthy, Lashoff has options so he will be sent down, but Huskins will continue to be the rotating D-man with Cola. Kindl is best served at getting us a nice 3rd round pick in return...

Edited by LeftWinger