• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Marty Barry

Datsyuk to court

Rate this topic

Well, some scumbag is using Pasha's name to make a buck. Surprise surprise. It amazes me what things aren't sacred.

LEAVE PASHA ALONE!!!

Hope Pasha gets his due. Really don't know where to stand on this one. He IS a public figure after all. But, it is HIS name (nickname).

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130204/METRO02/302040413/Red-Wings-Datsyuk-sues-Oak-Park-souvenir-seller-over-use-name-likeness?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Edited by Marty Barry

Didn't this site sell shirts with Pavel's likeness/silhouette on them? Pretty sure i remember seeing that.

I think I've seen them on Facebook. I thought it was a Datsyuk authorized seller, I can see why they're suing.

Edit: I think it was here, but they must have removed the content

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pavel-Datsyuk/51904021825

Edited by Danielsm

I totally have one of these shirts.

I thought for sure Datsyuk, or someone he was affiliated with was the one who was selling them.

Idk if i should keep wearing it or not, its one of my favorite shirts :confused:

Didn't this site sell shirts with Pavel's likeness/silhouette on them? Pretty sure i remember seeing that.

I bought several from here, there are many places where you can build your own shirt and create anything or anybody you want...but there is a difference buying a shirt with Datsyuk on it to buying a shirt from Datsyuk, which I believe is what the problem is here. This Oak Park fellow has gotten a little past a play on words...

Edited by 13dangledangle

Takes a lot of chuptzah to do something like this to such a nice person. I hope the real Pasha cleans up the floor with this guy.