• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#41 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,569 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:06 PM

you guys are all talking like your hockey experts. It is pretty funny to read these posts. First it was.......

"wtf why didnt we get suter" 

"Sutter is better then Weber, Sutter made Weber look good"

to

" Sutter sucks and is not even close to worth his contact"  

"thank god we did not go out and sign ryan Sutter"

You guys are the most hypocritical people ever and it is realy funny to read this kind of stuff. I mean it has been 8 freaking games lol

I don't think I've ever noticed you around here, but it seems like you've got a lot of posts so welcome.  Obviously you've got a lot to say on the subject of Ryan "Sutter" and Shea Weber given that you've entered this thread and decided to post.  Yet, I find myself wanting more.  I feel as though your comments thus far are only the tip of the iceberg.  Rhapsodize if you will on your opinion of "Sutter's" contract.  Was it worth it?  Is it too much?  Is "Sutter" a shadow of his former self or is it the new environment in Minnesota?  It's obvious that "your" wanting to say more on the "Sutter" vs. Weber topic, so why not break us off a piece of knowledge?  Is it because "your" afraid that your opinions are just "realy", "realy", "realy" good and we won't understand them?  I mean, wtf?!?! 

Think of it this way, we're your padawans, and you are our hockey Yoda.  I know we don't seem like much, just sandy haired kids fresh off an ice planet, with nothing but the clothes on our backs and the stars in our eyes.  But if you give us a chance, just one chance, we'll prove that with just a little of your guidance we can blow up the Death Star.  C'mon Yoda, whaddya say?

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#42 shoobiedoobin

shoobiedoobin

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

No, I said the following: Suter is pretty good, just not as good as his hype.  Josi (Suter's replacement) is worse than Suter was, so Weber has to do more on his own and therefore looks worse.  You don't have to agree, but that should clarify my logic. 

That's not what you said but whatever, I'll take the clarification.

#43 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,569 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

That's not what you said but whatever, I'll take the clarification.

Ok, in post #10 I said Suter is a good defenseman, but not a great one.  And in post #19 I said Weber is going to look worse because he went from playing with a good defenseman to a worse one.  I didn't mention Josi's name, but it was implied.  I've never said Suter wasn't good.  I just said he wasn't as good as his hype, and that he wasn't worth his new contract. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#44 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,874 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

you guys are all talking like your hockey experts. It is pretty funny to read these posts. First it was.......

"wtf why didnt we get suter" 

"Sutter is better then Weber, Sutter made Weber look good"

to

" Sutter sucks and is not even close to worth his contact"  

"thank god we did not go out and sign ryan Sutter"

You guys are the most hypocritical people ever and it is realy funny to read this kind of stuff. I mean it has been 8 freaking games lol

When you lump dozens of people's opinions together, of course it's going to seem contradictory.  

#45 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

I thought this was a pretty amusing analysis of one of Suter's recent breakdowns.

When you're in man-on-man coverage you should probably man your man

The first time I saw this goal I couldn’t fathom what his thought process could’ve been.

HHOOOOOWWWWW???

Just, how?? How does this happen? Where is he going, who does he think he’s on, what is he even guessing may happen?

It also points out a problem that the Wings have been having.

...you need guys on the back end who can get the puck up to your forwards quickly and comfortably. (The Red Wings are struggling with that this year, so it looks like the forwards are struggling.) Forwards need the damn thing quick and flat so they have time to make good decisions.

Edited by Zetts, 06 February 2013 - 04:02 PM.

#46 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:35 PM

I thought this was a pretty amusing analysis of one of Suter's recent breakdowns.

LOVED!!! the article, very humourous all the way through :)

#47 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,874 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

That is both hilarious and great analysis of defensive breakdowns.  

It looks like on that play Suter was being lazy and was just hoping to circle around in coverage instead of having to stop and start to stay with his man.  

The announcers were talking about that for Jagr during the latest Stars game.  Apparently the coaches were pointing out how he was circling too much in his own end, trying to save energy, instead of stopping and staying with his man.  To his credit, Jagr apparently worked on it and joked about it being hard to break 20 years of bad habits.  

I love this one as well.  

"Analysis: maybe don't defend like this"

Attached File  Leafs D.jpg   30.83KB   21 downloads

http://blogs.thescor...lyst-post-ever/

#48 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:18 PM

I don't think I've ever noticed you around here, but it seems like you've got a lot of posts so welcome.  Obviously you've got a lot to say on the subject of Ryan "Sutter" and Shea Weber given that you've entered this thread and decided to post.  Yet, I find myself wanting more.  I feel as though your comments thus far are only the tip of the iceberg.  Rhapsodize if you will on your opinion of "Sutter's" contract.  Was it worth it?  Is it too much?  Is "Sutter" a shadow of his former self or is it the new environment in Minnesota?  It's obvious that "your" wanting to say more on the "Sutter" vs. Weber topic, so why not break us off a piece of knowledge?  Is it because "your" afraid that your opinions are just "realy", "realy", "realy" good and we won't understand them?  I mean, wtf?!?! 

Think of it this way, we're your padawans, and you are our hockey Yoda.  I know we don't seem like much, just sandy haired kids fresh off an ice planet, with nothing but the clothes on our backs and the stars in our eyes.  But if you give us a chance, just one chance, we'll prove that with just a little of your guidance we can blow up the Death Star.  C'mon Yoda, whaddya say?

been on this board for close to three years now, and I dont post much because I find most people on here dont know as much about hockey as they think they do and when rarley i do decide to post, I post pretty bang on information. I dont ramble and bulls***.  Opinons on here from most people change so drasticly I cant even take them seriously, every three months people compleatly change what they are talking about and contradict themselves.

I am not saying that there arn't intelligent people on this board but most really don't know what they are talking about. (someone that is pretty smart but IMO is not respected is "Carmen")

I simply find it way more entertaning reading what people post  (thinking they know more then kenny holland) so no I dont overally want to share more on the "suter" topic.

Posted Image

#49 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:24 PM

When you lump dozens of people's opinions together, of course it's going to seem contradictory.  

Fair, but I lumped them together because im talking generally about " letsgowings" .

there are some pretty smart people on here but in the last fews years the "intelligents" of the  board has took a swing for the worst

Posted Image

#50 cupforwings

cupforwings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:53 PM

GP    G     A      PTS     +/-

Suter     13     0      7       7         -6

Weber   13     0      1       1          0

I think its time for an update on how these two are playing without each other.  And the verdict..... brutal.  Weber's 1 point is the most surprising to me.

Edited by cupforwings, 13 February 2013 - 03:54 PM.

#51 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,874 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:56 PM

GP    G     A      PTS     +/-

Suter     13     0      7       7         -6

Weber   13     0      1       1          0

I think its time for an udpate on how these two are playing.  And the verdict..... brutal.

I haven't really seen the Preds much.  Has Weber been that bad, other than obviously his total lack of offense. 

The whole Nashville team seems to be afflicted.  30th in the league in scoring.  But they're also 2nd in goals against. 

And I know it was only one play but I still can't believe how lazy Suter was on the Hanzal goal (with hilarious analysis.  link earlier in thread).

#52 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

FWIW, I think if you're going to generalize, I thought 77's generalizations were mostly accurate of the overall sentiment in regards to the Suter/Parise situation. 

Regarding the subject of buyouts, I'm getting the impression that some may think "buyouts" means voiding the contract and the team is no longer obligated to pay.  Unless I've totally misunderstood this, the team has to indeed buy out all or most of the remaining contract, meaning they still have to pay out the money, don't have the player, but just don't have the salary cap hit.  Personally, I don't think there will be that many buyouts of quality players. 

#53 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

Must say ... Kenny looks brilliant right now.  

#54 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,874 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

Must say ... Kenny looks brilliant right now.  

For being one of the last guys in the bidding war for Suter and Parise and losing out? 

I guess he knew enough not to pay the absolutely top dollar for those two, but it sounded like he was willing to pay an awful lot. 

#55 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:54 PM

For being one of the last guys in the bidding war for Suter and Parise and losing out? 

I guess he knew enough not to pay the absolutely top dollar for those two, but it sounded like he was willing to pay an awful lot. 

I still think Suter and Kronwall would have made a dynamic first pairing...