No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2/5 GDT : Flames 4 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

roadgdttemplate.jpg

*Mod Edit, from earlier discussion*

Per Ansar KHAAAAAAN!!!
Babcock said Tatar will start the game on line with Datsyuk and Filppula. Eaves is scratched.
and...

Babcock said White is playing tonight. Lashoff back in, Kindl out.
Edited by Hockeytown0001
Adding lineup news & notes

I'm glad to see Tatar slotted in with Datsyuk and Flip. I'm calling it right now, Tatar scores a goal tonight.

Also glad to see Lashoff getting another game. For me, I hope we see the following d pairs:

Kronwall - Ericsson

Quincey - Lashoff

Huskins - White

Classic Babs line shake up.

Tatar - Pav - Val or Tatar - Val - Pav?

Should be fun to watch. As long as Huds doesn't go nuts or something.

I'd imagine that Babs will keep Flip on the Wing. He's responded well to playing there.

any news on starting netminders?

Saw a tweet yesterday from practice that Howard had a net to himself, while Mrazek and McCollum were sharing a net. Seemed to indicate that Howard was getting the next start.

Does this mean the third line is Bertuzzi - Abby - Cleary for tonight? That should be fun.

Excited to see Tatar, however, especially playing with Pavel. Lashoff deserves to be dressed after his previous performances. Kindl is getting close or already there to being a case of he's never going to develop.

Does this mean the third line is Bertuzzi - Abby - Cleary for tonight? That should be fun.

Excited to see Tatar, however, especially playing with Pavel. Lashoff deserves to be dressed after his previous performances. Kindl is getting close or already there to being a case of he's never going to develop.

I think it's a good spot for Bert, he can move up if needed but at this point of his career he's a 3rd liner and 2nd unit PP guy. As for Cleary his spot should be about 50 rows up in the press box.

For those who posted in my previous "Pre-GDT" thread, I'm sorry, but your posts were deleted, and it's completely my fault.

I can't merge those posts into this thread without bumping Hockeytown0001's post down (due to the timestamp on the posts). I think we all can agree that since he works so hard on the graphics on these GDT's, he deserves to have his work featured at the very top of this thread.

So Euro_Twins, Ram, and stevieisthebest, My apologies for your now-missing posts. And sorry for the confusion to anyone else who's wondering what the heck is going on around here.

I'm glad to see Tatar slotted in with Datsyuk and Flip. I'm calling it right now, Tatar scores a goal tonight.

Also glad to see Lashoff getting another game. For me, I hope we see the following d pairs:

Kronwall - Ericsson

Quincey - Lashoff

Huskins - White

I would rather see

kronwall-lashoff

ericsson-quincey

huskins-white

the kronwall lashoff set up seemed like a pretty good fitting imo.

I think ericsson's style would compliment quincey more, and lashoff and kronwall compliment each other pretty good

For those who posted in my previous "Pre-GDT" thread, I'm sorry, but your posts were deleted, and it's completely my fault.

I can't merge those posts into this thread without bumping Hockeytown0001's post down (due to the timestamp on the posts). I think we all can agree that since he works so hard on the graphics on these GDT's, he deserves to have his work featured at the very top of this thread.

So Euro_Twins, Ram, and stevieisthebest, My apologies for your now-missing posts. And sorry for the confusion to anyone else who's wondering what the heck is going on around here.

:hammer: I was here first! lmao :baby:

I would rather see

kronwall-lashoff

ericsson-quincey

huskins-white

Yeah, that was the other combo I was thinking about. I left my combos as they are more because I don't think Babcock would split Kronwall - Ericsson. But, yeah I thought Kronwall and Lashoff made a great combo too.

The only thing I would change on your combos is I would put Ericsson on the right side and Quincey on the left.

I would rather see

kronwall-lashoff

ericsson-quincey

huskins-white

the kronwall lashoff set up seemed like a pretty good fitting imo.

I think ericsson's style would compliment quincey more, and lashoff and kronwall compliment each other pretty good

:hammer: I was here first! lmao :baby:

Indeed you were. Mea culpa, my friend.

Good help is so hard to find.

GD blurb from the Calgary Herald. Apparently Hudler is on fire with 5 points in 3 games. What was also interesting (for those who like Gretzkey) is that Hank has been Wayne's favorite player to watch over the last ten years; even thinks he's better than Lidstrom. Just one more thing "The Great One" and I disagree on.

Good help is so hard to find.

Hey, you get what you pay for. And I've yet to receive a paycheck from anyone here on LGW...

To quote the great

from Firefly...
Ten percent of nothing is—let me do the math here. Nothing into nothin'. Carry the nothin'...

I'm setting the over/under on Hudler's point total for the Wings game at 1.5, and Zetterberg's over/under will be the same.

Any bets?

Ill take the under on both in hopes that our 3rd or 4th line snipes a few goals tonight and Hoodles poops his pants watching Dats play on the other team

I'm setting the over/under on Hudler's point total for the Wings game at 1.5, and Zetterberg's over/under will be the same.

Any bets?

Huds under, Z over

How about a Tatar over under of 1.5? Now there's a gamble ha

I'm excited to see what the kid can do though, go wings!

Ill take the under on both in hopes that our 3rd or 4th line snipes a few goals tonight and Hoodles poops his pants watching Dats play on the other team

I want to see Pav make a fool out of huds :P

Hey, you get what you pay for. And I've yet to receive a paycheck from anyone here on LGW...

To quote the great

from Firefly...

All the sh*t and abuse you have wade through is better than any monetary sum you could receive isnt it?

Huds under, Z over

How about a Tatar over under of 1.5? Now there's a gamble ha

I'm excited to see what the kid can do though, go wings!

I want to see Pav make a fool out of huds :P

Can you imagine the stupid smile on huds face disappear when he thinks he is about to score and dats steals the puck mid shot and sets up a play that ends up in the flames net?

Can you imagine the stupid smile on huds face disappear when he thinks he is about to score and dats steals the puck mid shot and sets up a play that ends up in the flames net?

It will happen so fast he won't get a chance to smile. :clap:

To quote the great

from Firefly...

Your payment is the joy you receive from a job mediocrely done and the occasional Wings-related package. My payment is being the one who gets to go out and purchase said Wings-related package items and ship them off. :P

That Datsyuk line is got g to be very fast, I expect big things from them. Eaves needs to get himself right, I can see why the scratch, I just wish that Babs would sit Cleary for the same reason and have Nyquist up in his place. Speed kills in the NHL and our team lacks it right now.

Wings win 4-3

Hudler with a hat trick and an own goal to win it for the Wings.

That Datsyuk line is got g to be very fast, I expect big things from them. Eaves needs to get himself right, I can see why the scratch, I just wish that Babs would sit Cleary for the same reason and have Nyquist up in his place. Speed kills in the NHL and our team lacks it right now.

Wings win 4-3

lol own goal...

I hope huds gets 0 points :)

Current Streaks

Regular-Season Streaks
Overall: 1-game losing streak
Home: 3-game winning streak
Historical Regular-Season Streaks v. Calgary
Overall: 1-game winning streak
Home: 1-game winning streak
Last Ten Games, Current Regular-Season
Overall: 4W-3L-1OTL
Home: 3W-1L
Last Ten Games, Historical Regular-Season v. Calgary
Overall: 7W-3L
Home: 6W-3L-0OTL-1SOL
Home Games / Away Games
This is a single Home game
Detroit v. Calgary
All-time, Overall v. Calgary
147G: 68W-62L-16T-0RT-0OTL-1SOL
All-time, Home v. Calgary
73G: 40W-22L-10T-0RT-0OTL-1SOL
Season Record v. Calgary
This is the first of three games v. Calgary this season
This is the only Home game v. Calgary this season
Record on this Day
February 5
This is the 35th regular-season game played on this day, with the Club's record in the previous 34 games:
16W-14L-4T
This is the 2nd regular-season games v. Calgary played on this day, with the Club's record in the previous game:
1W
LGW.

Wings win 4-3

And yet Eaves is still the only bottom 6 player on the team that has a point right, or do we say him & The Todd now given his move to the 3rd line?