• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2/5 GDT : Flames 4 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

you forgot brunner, he will score too, guaranteed

I was torn between picking Franzen and Brunner for the third goal. I think I'm going to say Brunner lets one rip (I mean a shot, not a fart) and then Franzen cleans up the junk

Does this mean the third line is Bertuzzi - Abby - Cleary for tonight? That should be fun.

Excited to see Tatar, however, especially playing with Pavel. Lashoff deserves to be dressed after his previous performances. Kindl is getting close or already there to being a case of he's never going to develop.

I have said this for years and have said it over and over....he has been given ample opportunity to crack the top 6 D...he can't even do it with all these injuries, he will never do it. I know I am not the only one to dislike him, but I have said since day one he was a waste of a draft pick. Could have had made a much better draft pick. Even though a draft is a gamble, but nobody understood why Kindl was taken so high, except that they figured Holland was being Holland and found a diamond...Sorry, but Holland screwed the pooch with Kindl....bye bye Jakub, wish I could say it was nice to know you!

I don't care if Piddler gets 100 goals, I stil am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad he is off this team. Since there would be no love lost between the two (I cannot expect a Kronwalling (especially since he seems afraid to hit anymore)) but I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see Tootoo ram Piddler through the boards...Nice to see Eva is still suffering from Piddler love...poor, poor Eva...

Guest Johnz96

Hudler is really looking forward to this one. Seems he is enjoying the extra ice-time so far.

I have said this for years and have said it over and over....he has been given ample opportunity to crack the top 6 D...he can't even do it with all these injuries, he will never do it. I know I am not the only one to dislike him, but I have said since day one he was a waste of a draft pick. Could have had made a much better draft pick. Even though a draft is a gamble, but nobody understood why Kindl was taken so high, except that they figured Holland was being Holland and found a diamond...Sorry, but Holland screwed the pooch with Kindl....bye bye Jakub, wish I could say it was nice to know you!

Honestly I didn't know much about Kindl when he was drafted, but I definitely got excited for a puck moving defenseman who is 6'3" 216 lbs and drafted that highly. I've been pretty hard on him because he shows flashes of getting it together and then fades to the background once again.

As a 26 yr old with as many chances as he's had, I don't hold out much hope.

Like who ? Its a late first rounder..look at the draft and tell me who came after Kindl in that first round that was a sure fire blue chip pick?Oshie, Cogliano, Niskanen and Downie are all serviceable guys but none of them are lighting the league on fire. Rask would've been a nice pick but we weren't looking for goalies at the time. If Holland could've looked into a crystal ball i'm sure he would've loved to have taken James Neal or Paul Statsny. He took a chance on a big kid who was supposed to have good puck moving skills..clearly it hasn't worked out the way he hoped but as we've seen with the draft its alot about good scouting and some luck...I think we have had our fair share of both of those with our draft picks.

Like who ? Its a late first rounder..look at the draft and tell me who came after Kindl in that first round that was a sure fire blue chip pick?Oshie, Cogliano, Niskanen and Downie are all serviceable guys but none of them are lighting the league on fire. Rask would've been a nice pick but we weren't looking for goalies at the time. If Holland could've looked into a crystal ball i'm sure he would've loved to have taken James Neal or Paul Statsny. He took a chance on a big kid who was supposed to have good puck moving skills..clearly it hasn't worked out the way he hoped but as we've seen with the draft its alot about good scouting and some luck...I think we have had our fair share of both of those with our draft picks.

I don't know about you, but I for one would much rather have oshie or niskanen than kindl

Excited to see Tatar getting a shot, especially with Datsyuk & Filppula, but I'd rather see Cleary scratched and Eaves in, at least Eaves' shot has the potential to end up somewhere other than the goalie's glove.

I don't know about you, but I for one would much rather have oshie or niskanen than kindl

Well in hindsight of course but like I said you take the guy who you think will help your team the best and hope it works out. Go back and read the scouting on Kindl..he wasn't just a huge risk pick by us..this kid was supposed to be a very good Nhl'er..hasn't worked out that way..questioning our European scouting would be crazy though..didnt hit the jackpot on Kindl. Buffalo took Marek Zagrapan 13th over all that year..he didn't play a game in the NHL..at least Kindl was good enough to get a shot lol

Wings win 4-3

Mule, Cleary, Kronwall

Hudler x3

Mule in the shootout.

Just because everyone will clutch their hair and scream.

Oh- and Tootoo attempts to damage Hudler, but Hudler jumps up ninja-style and bites him in the knee.

Edited by 55fan

Wings win 4-3

Mule, Cleary, Kronwall

Hudler x3

Mule in the shootout.

Oh- and Tootoo attempts to damage Hudler, but Hudler jumps up ninja-style and bites him in the knee.

lmao @ hudler biting tootoo in the knee

Wings win 4-3

Mule, Cleary, Kronwall

Hudler x3

Mule in the shootout.

Slight correction: Hudler will use his MMA training & slap a gogoplata on Tootoo.

Finally a game not against Dallas or the Blue Jackets!

Looking forward to this phenom line of Pav Flip Tatar Tot. They should burn the Flames. Hopefully. Also glad Ian is back, he is paramount to the D being good, though I think Amazon Kindl has filled in well. The D needs to have an identity and make it work.

But really, looking forward to the game tonight. Should be a good one. I’m also relieved Hudler isn’t on the squad anymore, but good for him having some worth on another team, and further makes me like him that he is embracing tonight as a big game. No hard feelings there. Hope he buries a few.

Wings 12 (All Bert)

Flames 2 (All Huds)

Here we go boys, LGW

PS. My brother won tickets via some text contest at lunch?? (The question was: Jiri Hudler returns tonight. Who was the last prior Wing to play for Calgary? D Mac! Easiest question ever!!) Calls me back and tells me they end up being suite tickets!! WTF

Edited by Ram

I agree the draft is a gamble, and nobodyhas a crystal ball or those guys you listed would have gone top 10, but yes Niskanen and even Vlasic would have been much better picks, they are both over 6' and 200lbs. and are also puck moving defensemen. Holland just had his boner for Europeans and was never going to take a NA kid. That is why I am afraid if the Wings get a #17 or #18 pick, that we will see another garbage Euro even if Ryan Pulock is available. If we could find the draft day thread from 2005 somehow, you would see how sour I was when Holland drafted Kindl and he has proven me correct and Holland to be a fool that year. Sure he drafted Abby and Helm that same year, but Abby is what he is and Helm is proving more to be a china doll than what it seemed he would turn into...Not saying Abby or Helm were bad picks, but Kindl was. Holland isn't the drafting genius everyone thinks he is...

edit: You say looing back he would have loved to draft James Neal, well guess what, James Neal was is his own backyard in Plymouth so Holland should have been all over him, yet he chose to listen to his omnipotent European scouts. Well, I sure wish he would stop doing that and start looking locally for talent, he has missed out on so much right in his own state let alone just in North America...BTW Yandle went in the 4th round that draft, again, no crystal ball, but plenty of BETTER talent in NA when that #19 pick came up...what a waste.

Holland decide that Ritola would be better than Yandle or even he could have picked up Hjalmarsson in that same round...Holland just isn't the great and powerful, he is more like the man behind the curtain...

Edited by LeftWinger

I agree the draft is a gamble, and nobodyhas a crystal ball or those guys you listed would have gone top 10, but yes Niskanen and even Vlasic would have been much better picks, they are both over 6' and 200lbs. and are also puck moving defensemen. Holland just had his boner for Europeans and was never going to take a NA kid. That is why I am afraid if the Wings get a #17 or #18 pick, that we will see another garbage Euro even if Ryan Pulock is available. If we could find the draft day thread from 2005 somehow, you would see how sour I was when Holland drafted Kindl and he has proven me correct and Holland to be a fool that year. Sure he drafted Abby and Helm that same year, but Abby is what he is and Helm is proving more to be a china doll than what it seemed he would turn into...Not saying Abby or Helm were bad picks, but Kindl was. Holland isn't the drafting genius everyone thinks he is...

edit: You say looing back he would have loved to draft James Neal, well guess what, James Neal was is his own backyard in Plymouth so Holland should have been all over him, yet he chose to listen to his omnipotent European scouts. Well, I sure wish he would stop doing that and start looking locally for talent, he has missed out on so much right in his own state let alone just in North America...

I wouldn't say Helm is turning into a china doll. He had one back injury and when he finally recovered he fell onto a skate and lacerated his wrist. His current injury is the same one from before, it just flared up again, that is the thing about back injuries, they never fully heal

edit: You say looing back he would have loved to draft James Neal, well guess what, James Neal was is his own backyard in Plymouth so Holland should have been all over him, yet he chose to listen to his omnipotent European scouts. Well, I sure wish he would stop doing that and start looking locally for talent, he has missed out on so much right in his own state let alone just in North America...BTW Yandle went in the 4th round that draft, again, no crystal ball, but plenty of BETTER talent in NA when that #19 pick came up...what a waste.

Holland decide that Ritola would be better than Yandle or even he could have picked up Hjalmarsson in that same round...Holland just isn't the great and powerful, he is more like the man behind the curtain...

Kindl was drafted in the 2005 draft out of OHL (Kitchener Rangers). So despite the fact that Kindl is European, Holland and the Wings did draft from North America. Now, if your bias is simply against European born players period, so be it. But get your facts straight.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=71295

Kindl was drafted in the 2005 draft out of OHL (Kitchener Rangers). So despite the fact that Kindl is European, Holland and the Wings did draft from North America. Now, if your bias is simply against European born players period, so be it. But get your facts straight.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=71295

Really? Wow, I had no idea that Kindl played for Kitchner, despite the fact that I mentioned he did....

...to debunk your attempt to slap me, Kindl was in his first season at Kitchner when he was drafted by Detroit, he was obviously scouted while playing over in the Czech league prior to also being watched in the OHL. Bottom line is, Holland fails more than he suceeds with his Euro picks. It shows throughout his draft history. He drafted Kindl because of his European scouts who said something good about him, but he was by far NOT the best available defender at #19 that year...Holland just loves his Euro's and now it is showing how good (or bad) his picks actually are...You cannot go to that well too many times, there are only so many Datsyuk's and Zetterberg's out there, sometimes you got to stop trying to shock the world and draft the corrrect players...Also he drafts players that he knows are going to sit in the minors until they expire and that needs to stop.He needs to draft players that will be in the NHL within two years not 5 or 6...ESPECIALLY his 1st round picks...

I do realize he was ranked pretty high in the ISS rankings, that is fine. But fast forward to today, he stinks, its time to let him go....I just stick to my guns by saying I didn't like the pick and I have maintained it throughout the last 7 years and he stinks...just my opinion of him back then and today.

Anyhow on topic, I hope the Wings win tonight and I do hope Piddler gets his clock cleaned. Like I said, even if he comes here and scores all the goals, I still dont like him, but good for him, he needed to move on to get better and a fresh start. He sucked here, so does Franzie, so he needs to move on too for a fresh start...I may not be a scout (or maybe I am :P ) or a GM, but I am a pretty good judge of talent and watch a lot of young kids play hockey. There are a lot of us in this forum that can judge talent and could do a very good job as a scout in the NHL...the job is not that hard...

Edited by LeftWinger

Brunner lets one rip...and then Franzen cleans up the junk

I was eating when I read that, thank you very much! *ahem*

Wings win 3-1 (Brunns, Z, Flip)

Huds grabs his old line mates Z and Flip and they skate to Elton John's "Can You Feel the Love Tonight." Crowd goes wild.

Really? Wow, I had no idea that Kindl played for Kitchner, despite the fact that I mentioned he did....

...to debunk your attempt to slap me, Kindl was in his first season at Kitchner when he was drafted by Detroit, he was obviously scouted while playing over in the Czech league prior to also being watched in the OHL. Bottom line is, Holland fails more than he suceeds with his Euro picks. It shows throughout his draft history. He drafted Kindl because of his European scouts who said something good about him, but he was by far NOT the best available defender at #19 that year...Holland just loves his Euro's and now it is showing how good (or bad) his picks actually are...You cannot go to that well too many times, there are only so many Datsyuk's and Zetterberg's out there, sometimes you got to stop trying to shock the world and draft the corrrect players...Also he drafts players that he knows are going to sit in the minors until they expire and that needs to stop.He needs to draft players that will be in the NHL within two years not 5 or 6...ESPECIALLY his 1st round picks...

I do realize he was ranked pretty high in the ISS rankings, that is fine. But fast forward to today, he stinks, its time to let him go....I just stick to my guns by saying I didn't like the pick and I have maintained it throughout the last 7 years and he stinks...just my opinion of him back then and today.

Unless you're going to try and claim you said that in a different thread, or go back and edit a post now, you definitely did not say that. All you did was cry about Holland listening to 'his european scouts'.

I was eating when I read that, thank you very much! *ahem*

Wings win 3-1 (Brunns, Z, Flip)

Huds grabs his old line mates Z and Flip and they skate to Elton John's "Can You Feel the Love Tonight." Crowd goes wild.

you are most welcome

I wouldn't say Helm is turning into a china doll. He had one back injury and when he finally recovered he fell onto a skate and lacerated his wrist. His current injury is the same one from before, it just flared up again, that is the thing about back injuries, they never fully heal

I hope you are right...I sure cannot wait for him to get back....but at the risk of derailing the subject, I think we should stick the the Game Day talk in this thread...

I hope the Wings win tonight! Go Wings Go!

Unless you're going to try and claim you said that in a different thread, or go back and edit a post now, you definitely did not say that. All you did was cry about Holland listening to 'his european scouts'.

you are most welcome

Sorry it was in a different thread http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/topic/72442-calle-jarnkrok-does-he-have-a-chance-to-make-next-seasons-team/page-5 and you will see that it wasn't edited to add the word Kitchner...sometimes I lose track of where I am talking....

Edited by LeftWinger

I hope you are right...I sure cannot wait for him to get back....but at the risk of derailing the subject, I think we should stick the the Game Day talk in this thread...

I hope the Wings win tonight! Go Wings Go!

Sorry it was in a different thread http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/topic/72442-calle-jarnkrok-does-he-have-a-chance-to-make-next-seasons-team/page-5 and you will see that it wasn't edited to add the word Kitchner...sometimes I lose track of where I am talking....

I was just poking fun at you with the edit thing. It's cool

As I will not be able to watch the game tonight and will be following this thread for my updates, can I preemptively ask that no one posts the Happy Huds Naked in a Hot Tub picture? Please?! My retinas would greatly appreciate your consideration.

I was just poking fun at you with the edit thing. It's cool

Nah, no biggie, sometimes I do lose track of my posts...I would love for everyone the Holland drafts to pan out. I;d love for Kindl to become what he was touted as, but it doesn't look like it.

Did I read that Lashoff was playing tonight? Cool! I like Lashoff, I know he isn't the greatest or that much better than Q, but I just have a hard time seeing a guy get $3.75M and playing worse than a guy making less than $1M...

He has for sure earned a spot here, as long as some folks find their way out of here....