• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2/5 GDT : Flames 4 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

4-4-1 not the worst record not the best either it seems we cant get a run going this yeargames in a row last season we are not being aggresive at al look at the chances tonight and nothing to show for it Dats in perticular and the onl.y one that got anything was the one that we are willing to mount his head on a pole and do a interpertive dance around the perverble fire for, this team needs Offense as well as Defense i mean for sure the d is lacking but my look at the score tonight 4-1 the lines need work i dont know what else we can do except a good trade and i know its still early but the wheels need to start going thru the brainchild that is Ken Holland now he has to be thinking about someone who can spark our offense and defensive units the big thought is who gets thrown to the wood shed

Edited by sjr2012

I still hold out hope we can be a decent team this year, all we need is;

1. bench cleary, replace him with Tatar and bring up Nyquist

2. Bench Quincey, bring up ouellet, sproul, or almqvist

3. if helm won't be ready soon, package up a deal soon and trade for someone decent, defensively or offensively (ideally both)

4-4-1 not the worst record not the best either it seems we cant get a run going this yeargames in a row last season we are not being aggresive at al look at the chances tonight and nothing to show for it Dats in perticular and the onl.y one that got anything was the one that we are willing to mount his head on a pole and do a interpertive dance around the perverble fire for, this team needs Offense as well as Defense i mean for sure the d is lacking but my look at the score tonight 4-1 the lines need work i dont know what else we can do except a good trade and i know its still early but the wheels need to start going thru the brainchild that is Ken Holland now he has to be thinking about someone who can spark our offense and defensive units the big thought is who gets thrown to the wood shed

ya! In 1995-96 they started out 5-5-1 and went on to only lose 13 games all season long! But I think the personel on this team isn't quite as good as that team....

It would be quite amazing if anyone other than Zetterberg, Brunner, Datsyuk, Franzen, and Howard could do something on this team. It's like everyone in the bottom six forgot how to play hockey and Bertuzzi and Filppula haven't been exactly effective either.

EDIT: Guess I can throw Tootoo in as someone who does something since he's actually doing his job.

EDIT 2: Also have to throw in Franzen really isn't doing much, but he's getting the puck in the net once in awhile thanks to hard work from the players on his line. He's still just floating around.

Edited by skyphoenix

ya! In 1995-96 they started out 5-5-1 and went on to only lose 13 games all season long! But I think the personel on this team isn't quite as good as that team....

Also that was an 82 game season, starting a 48 game season at 4-4-1 is vastly worse. Not saying we can't turn things around, but it is still vastly worse.

Even Toronto is still in playoff position, we aren't :scared:

Edited by Euro_Twins

They skated circles around us tonight. Penalty kill sucked. This team has some glaring holes. Cleary looks awful. Quincey needs to sit. Neither Bertuzzi or Filppula had a single shot on net. Hell, Datsyuk didn't have a shot on goal. Helm and Smith need to get back, but we have larger problems than that.

Also that was an 82 game season, starting a 48 game season at 4-4-1 is vastly worse. Not saying we can't turn things around, but it is still vastly worse.

Even Toronto is still in playoff position, we aren't :scared:

karma for riding them all

Agreed. However we need another goal scorer too. Anyone that consistently shoots, I don't care who.

3. if helm won't be ready soon, package up a deal soon and trade for someone decent, defensively or offensively (ideally both)

its like that

This is exactly what annoys the hell out of me with the Wings, they beat St. Louis and fall to Columbus and Calgary.

its like that every year we drop games to the weak teams almost like we feel sorry for them or we just dont come to the game 100 percent pathtic

I really liked Tatar tonight, Cleary needs to be gone, and a trade needs to htatar appen

tatar is awesome i agree with Cleary his just not there anymore

You can't bring up up XO or Sproul. A2 is better offensively but he is no where near NHL ready defensively.

Tatar had a really good game. Shame he was 'rewarded' with being demoted to the 3rd line. Guessing he'll be sent down while Cleary is put in the top 6? Lol.

Zetterberg's back must be hurting from carrying around the team night after night. A Zetterberg shift is usually a good shift for us. Problem is the other 3 shifts suck, with the occasional good Datsyuk shift. In all honesty Dats should have had a goal or two on those 2 big chances he had, if either had gone in it could have been a different game.

Getting tired of special teams dragging us down. Can't keep letting in 2-3 PK goals per game. Can't keep taking stupid penalties. Cleary, Quincey, Kronwall, I'm looking at you guys.

PP is still an embarressment. Fluke goal tonight off a broken play, but otherwise it's not even giving us momentum.

Why didn't Babs play Mrazek tonight? I'm not blaming this one Howard, but the guy needs a rest already. Is there another goalie in the league that has played every game so far? It would be okay to play him every game if it was giving results, but right now there's no point riding Howie 'til he breaks down.

Hoping for a better effort next time.

This is exactly what annoys the hell out of me with the Wings, they beat St. Louis and fall to Columbus and Calgary.

Best get used to that, we're going to see a lot of it this season :)

Tatar had a really good game. Shame he was 'rewarded' with being demoted to the 3rd line. Guessing he'll be sent down while Cleary is put in the top 6? Lol.

Zetterberg's back must be hurting from carrying around the team night after night. A Zetterberg shift is usually a good shift for us. Problem is the other 3 shifts suck, with the occasional good Datsyuk shift. In all honesty Dats should have had a goal or two on those 2 big chances he had, if either had gone in it could have been a different game.

Getting tired of special teams dragging us down. Can't keep letting in 2-3 PK goals per game. Can't keep taking stupid penalties. Cleary, Quincey, Kronwall, I'm looking at you guys.

PP is still an embarressment. Fluke goal tonight off a broken play, but otherwise it's not even giving us momentum.

Why didn't Babs play Mrazek tonight? I'm not blaming this one Howard, but the guy needs a rest already. Is there another goalie in the league that has played every game so far? It would be okay to play him every game if it was giving results, but right now there's no point riding Howie 'til he breaks down.

Hoping for a better effort next time.

Personally, I'm more worried about the PK.

Cleary has no points on the year. He hasn't looked great at even strength. Unless he turns it around, we just can't afford to have him on our roster next year.

With how he's playing we can't afford to have him right now.

I'm usually on the conservate let's not be too hasty side, but Cleary has just been dreadful, and is costing this team dearly with his penalties. Worst part is I don't see him getting less minutes, Babcock just keeps playing him like there isn't an issue. I'm entirely confused on the whole situation.

Holland was quoted saying he'd give himself 20 games into the season before evaluating his team. So we are almost half point their and yet some things are obvious:

1. Wings need a bonafide top pairing defenseman

2. I want to see Datsyuk getting another cup before heading back to Russia

3. Should this team not be a playoff team by at the end of February time to bring in the youth and hope for a great pick to start off the rebuild.

Get well soon Helm, this team is needing you more than ever

Holland was quoted saying he'd give himself 20 games into the season before evaluating his team. So we are almost half point their and yet some things are obvious:

1. Wings need a bonafide top pairing defenseman

2. I want to see Datsyuk getting another cup before heading back to Russia

3. Should this team not be a playoff team by at the end of February time to bring in the youth and hope for a great pick to start off the rebuild.

Get well soon Helm, this team is needing you more than ever

We also need secondary scoring. BIG TIME.