Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

2/5 GDT : Flames 4 at Red Wings 1

gdt

• Please log in to reply
471 replies to this topic

#401 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,912 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:14 PM

I really like Valeri Nuchuskin and then sign Dekeyser.

Dekeyser and Pulock and promote Lashoff permanently....let Kindl walk, dump Q and E and hope Kronner shapes up! I like Huskins as well...

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#402 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:15 PM

Time for a trade, i don't mind involving any of Franzen, Filpulla, Cleary, Abdelkader, Quincey, Kindl, Nyquist, and Emmerton.

Ryan O'Reilly please

#403 MasterPavel

MasterPavel

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:16 PM

Dekeyser isn't gonna sign here and get buried in the minors until he's 27. and Kenny's not gonna draw kids attention to the Wings if they don't even get to earn a spot on the Wings and cash in even a little after their ELC.

Maybe Kenny will have an epiphany on the golf course and change his strategy after missing the playoffs...

#404 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,912 posts

Dekeyser isn't gonna sign here and get buried in the minors until he's 27. and Kenny's not gonna draw kids attention to the Wings if they don't even get to earn a spot on the Wings and cash in even a little after their ELC.

Well if Holland lets Kindl walk and White walk then there is a spot for him to play...even if they keep Q.

Kronner - E

Q - Smith

Lashoff - Dekeyser

Huskins

#405 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Say what you want about the roster, i dont see the effort and intensity every shift and that is on each player!

Babs can yell and scream or skate them to death BUT it still comes
Down to each individual to give a s*** and work!!

I was flipping back and fourth from Philly/ tb and its like two different leagues. Wings look slow and tired... Still.

Only game we showed any moxy was St Loius .

#406 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:17 PM

Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Brunner, Tootoo, Lashoff and Abby to an extent are the only guys playing good every game... I know its not all Howards fault, but man if he wants to be elite, he needs to steal some games, not just keep it 4-1...he has no control of his rebounds...gives up way too many. Lots of passengers today...most days.

Filppula has been really good this year too, and as much as you hate Franzen, he's been pretty good after the first couple games.  Howard isn't fighting to see the puck.  He's just waiting for people to move and wondering why it keeps sailing past him into the net.  Mrazek should start against the Blues to wake up the Wings.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#407 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:18 PM

HEY, Cindy won!

#408 MasterPavel

MasterPavel

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:18 PM

Dekeyser and Pulock and promote Lashoff permanently....let Kindl walk, dump Q and E and hope Kronner shapes up! I like Huskins as well...

Still doesn't solve our scoring issues. We have a solid set of D prospects already.

#409 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:21 PM

Maybe Kenny will have an epiphany on the golf course and change his strategy after missing the playoffs...

I truly hope so.

Well if Holland lets Kindl walk and White walk then there is a spot for him to play...even if they keep Q.

Kronner - E

Huskins - Smith

Lashoff - Dekeyser

Q

Fixed.  But i'd keep White.

Say what you want about the roster, i dont see the effort and intensity every shift and that is on each player!

Babs can yell and scream or skate them to death BUT it still comes
Down to each individual to give a s*** and work!!

I was flipping back and fourth from Philly/ tb and its like two different leagues. Wings look slow and tired... Still.

Only game we showed any moxy was St Loius .

Z and Brunner together has been awesome, and even Franzen has regained some of his 2008 form on that line.  The only guy that's had all out intensity every shift since the season started though is Z.  He's been inspirational.  Too bad the rest of the team is on the bench with their heads in their junk.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#410 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,807 posts

The way this team is going, he won't be buried in the minors.  Those days are gone as I can see currently.

#411 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,912 posts

Filppula has been really good this year too, and as much as you hate Franzen, he's been pretty good after the first couple games.  Howard isn't fighting to see the puck.  He's just waiting for people to move and wondering why it keeps sailing past him into the net.  Mrazek should start against the Blues to wake up the Wings.

Not allowed to mention :censored: anymore unless I want to start a thread about him...but ya on this team of garbage he hasn't been as stinky as most....I still don't like him though...

#412 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:23 PM

Still doesn't solve our scoring issues. We have a solid set of D prospects already.

A 3rd line of Tatar-Jarnkrok-Drouin would be nice with Nyquist on the 2nd line.  But we need to draft Drouin first.

#413 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,912 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:23 PM

is Babs actually saying they played well? When is Babs gonna call out his own players like he used to?

#414 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,132 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:27 PM

i cant believe helm is worth so much to this team. 3rd and 4th line are useless without him

dont worry everything will be fine once sammy comes back

#415 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

The way this team is going, he won't be buried in the minors.  Those days are gone as I can see currently.

Lets hope so.  Tuzzi has been really good, but guys like Cleary need to go.  Homer finally retired after hanging on 2 years too long, after Draper and Maltby did the same.  It's getting old.  Those guys win championships when they're young.  Guys with that style of play have expiry dates.  We have Nyquist, Tatar, Lashoff, Andersson, Jurco (eventually), Sheahan to fill out roster spots, but we see Q making almost 4 mil for a couple years and Cleary at almost 3 mil.  Sammy's good, but Nyquist deserves his spot, as does Tatar.  Dues have been paid.  If Dekeyser comes here, he will want a spot and should get one.

#416 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,241 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:30 PM

k2d6q.jpg

works every time

#417 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,130 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:34 PM

I missed the game, so how did tatar look tonight?

#418 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,500 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

Well that was a stinker.  I don't want to sit here and pick it apart because there's enough of that going around for everyone.  However, I do want to say that I hope I never hear Babcock say "I don't dictate the playing time, the players dictate their playing time by how well they perform".  When I see Cleary and Quincey sitting and Kindl and Eaves playing in their spots I'll start believing that load of b.s. 

Still go a ways to go before we can call this a hockey team, but I'm not ready to give up yet.  But a little accountability and consistency by the coaching staff would go a long way. 

I missed the game, so how did tatar look tonight?

He wasn't really a factor, but he worked hard and his hustle almost made a few things happen.  Give him consistent linemates and a week or two to practice and he'd probably contribute. 

Edited by kipwinger, 05 February 2013 - 10:37 PM.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#419 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,017 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

I think we need to re-assess when helm, smith get back. I want a trade if it makes sense, but I wouldn't overpay until we see these guys in action in a healthy lineup. 

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#420 MasterPavel

MasterPavel

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:49 PM

I think we need to re-assess when helm, smith get back. I want a trade if it makes sense, but I wouldn't overpay until we see these guys in action in a healthy lineup. 

Kenny, is that you?