• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jedi

Canucks to wear "Millionaires" jersey vs Detroit 3/16

Rate this topic

http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2013/02/canucks-to-wear-millionaires-jersey-on-march-16-against-detroit/

Last week the Canucks debuted their “new” third jersey with the Vancouver Millionaires patch. Ever since that announcement there has been rampant speculation that the Canucks will wear the original Millionaires jersey for a regular game. In reality there shouldn’t be any cause for speculation as the Canucks in the press release stated that they will be wearing the jersey for at least one game this season. However, it was a little ambiguous and thus the cause for confusion.
So we did what anyone would do and asked the Vancouver Canucks and we were told that they WILL be wearing the Vancouver Millionaires uniform on March 16, 2013 against the Detroit Red Wings. So mark your calendars Canucks fans because this won’t be a regular occurrence.

Vancouver-Canucks-Millionaires1.png

Just a little tidbit of history, The Vancouver Millionaires won the Stanley Cup in 1915. The Pacific Coast Hockey Association (PCHA) champion Vancouver Millionaires swept the National Hockey Association (NHA) champion Ottawa Senators 3 games to 0 in a best-of-five game series.

I guess this is how Vancouver figures they can say the've won a Cup?

For the press photos to be more realistic Kesler should've been laying on the ground with his arms up whining to a ref.

Guest Johnz96

Compare that guy to Kesler's pic. Wow, Kesler has a tiny head.

lol

Kesler's wearing shoulder pads

I actually like them. I guess I have a thing for "vintage" looking sweaters. I really wish the wings would bring back those stripped jerseys from the early 90's (I forget the year) as an alternate.

Fully agree I love teams wearing vintage jerseys, it is a nice gesture and obviously showing that they do care about tradition.

lol

Kesler's wearing shoulder pads

So was Mr. Taylor...sort of; from The History of Hockey Equipment:

Fred “Cyclone” Taylor, a star player in the early part of

the century, is said to be one of the first players to protect

his shoulders and back from injury. Taylor took some

scraps of felt from a harness shop in his hometown of

Renfrew, Ontario and sewed them into his undershirt

around the shoulders and down the back.

A little off topic...

Wonder if any "leaks" will take place for the Winter Classic jerseys?

I'm guessing they were designed, and probably a good number of them made this past fall with the hope that the CBA would've been completed prior to it's cancelation.

Saw a story on Icethetics about how someone was able to get pictures of player shirts that were made for the now-cancelled W.C.

0103-wc13-shirts.png

All speculation, of course, since nothing official was released by either team, nor the NHL.