• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Axe

Toughness

Rate this topic

Guest The Axe

Are the Wings too soft? I understand a sliced leg and broken bones, but our whole team sits out with owies. Im getting a little fed up with soreness issues.

The injuries are just purely coincidental....BUT you are seeing a team that is what it is. Soft, no heart, no passion...Injuries happen, but this is Hollands fault. I do get frustrated with all the injuries, it seems like one after another. I think they take too long to heal. Back in the day, you got a shot and went back out there, hell, Yzerman played on one leg for the last 5 years of his career it seemed. Today, you break a nail, they put you on IR for 3 weeks...

The injuries are just purely coincidental....BUT you are seeing a team that is what it is. Soft, no heart, no passion...Injuries happen, but this is Hollands fault. I do get frustrated with all the injuries, it seems like one after another. I think they take too long to heal. Back in the day, you got a shot and went back out there, hell, Yzerman played on one leg for the last 5 years of his career it seemed. Today, you break a nail, they put you on IR for 3 weeks...

Yeah, and my great-granny squatted in the barn, dropped out a kid, and went right back to milkin' Old Bossie. Sure, the infant and maternal mortality rates were triple what they are now, but hey- those old mothers were tough!

It makes a great story when a guy loses all but his canine teeth and keeps playing, or when a guy gets speared in the yambags, gets sewn up, and comes back to get a hat trick with 37 stitches in the family jewels, but times have changed, and so has modern medicine.

Blood was once something you played through, now it's a biohazard.

Concussions were once something you just shook off and played through, and then told stories about later. Now we know the long-term effects.

Remember when Z had all those back troubles and people were complaining about his lost ice time? I'd bet you dollars to donuts that if he'd played through it, he'd be a shell of the player he is today, if he was still playing at all. I'm sure the lovely Emma is glad he took care of his back.

Medicine has come a long way. As much as I love a good story and testament to the manliness of hockey players, I'd rather see a guy sit now, and go on to play longer and live better afterwards.

If we need good stories, we'll always have Gilchrist. Ouch, man. Just... Ouch.

Well first of all I guess no ones ever separated their shoulder here. It hurts especially if you have to use your shoulder with your job. Helm needs to get it going though and soon. Back problems are murder on your whole body but if there's no structural damage. I hope to see him Colo, and Sammy next week.

Z has played with more heart than anyone in the league at this point. So yeah, we have heart, its just not in everyone. I think Gus has sat long enough and could have healed a torn groin by now. White was back asap. Smith can't do much about his thing. Sammy could probably be back realistically (same boat as Gus). Helm seems to actually have a scary thing going on with his back. But ya, I've been frustrated too. Illitch should spring for new equipment for the team that fully protects them rather than allowing full range of motion - lol.

If it were playoffs or even close to playoffs some of these guys would be in the lineup.

But 9 games into the season when guys play hurt they can end up injuring themselves more and missing even more of the season.

The injury bug stinks. I think the Wings as a team lack speed, size (forwards anyway) and dare I say it grit, but that's a separate issue than these injuries.

Guest The Axe

If it were playoffs or even close to playoffs some of these guys would be in the lineup.

But 9 games into the season when guys play hurt they can end up injuring themselves more and missing even more of the season.

The injury bug stinks. I think the Wings as a team lack speed, size (forwards anyway) and dare I say it grit, but that's a separate issue than these injuries.

For this team, it IS the playoffs.

For this team, it IS the playoffs.

I understand that, but depending on the injury if guys play hurt now they may miss months instead of weeks. In the playoffs they can do that because they've got the offseason to recover. Here they could just end up missing even more of the season.

Are the Wings too soft? I understand a sliced leg and broken bones, but our whole team sits out with owies. Im getting a little fed up with soreness issues.

You get fed up with everything and we all know about it because you start a thread every 12 seconds. Maybe you are soft?

Well, we all know that there's tough, and then there's Ford tough. I'd say the Wings don't have a problem with toughness. But there's definitely a lack of Ford toughness.

Does anybody know if they measure towing capacity at training camp? I bet it was way down this year.

This is a result of the lockout. Not "softness". Injuries are up all over the league because players rushed back and didn't have time to properly prepare their bodies. Playing is Europe is different and still won't have you ready for the harder hitting NHL.

You get fed up with everything and we all know about it because you start a thread every 12 seconds. Maybe you are soft?

this.

I get you are upset about goaltending issues, defense issues, goal scoring issues, injury issues and so on and so forth. The problem is, this is all stuff being discussed in gdt's and other threads. It is on all our minds, we know how we are playing, we know how many injuries we have, and we know we need to trade for a top pairing dman. Do you think Howie cruises these boards and is going to be like OMG THE AXE THINKS I'M AVERAGE, I'LL SHOW HIM!? I just think these threads should be called common sense rants about our 2013 roster, and merged into one.

k I'm done now

Not everyone can be as tough as pro wrestlers. But those guys take painkillers and roids to wrestle every week, which is why they don't live very long.

It's hard to say whether our players could or couldn't be playing, but when your team is seemingly injury riddled every season, you have to question what kind of preparation or medical staff you have.

Yeah, they should all suck it up and play through their injuries. Oh wait, Clearly did that last and that didn't go too well...

Sure didn't. If there was a trophy for worst player in the NHL he'd have won it. He was disgracefully bad last year, but then again, he is this year too. He's on a mad point streak, oh wait....

Guest The Axe

this.

I get you are upset about goaltending issues, defense issues, goal scoring issues, injury issues and so on and so forth. The problem is, this is all stuff being discussed in gdt's and other threads. It is on all our minds, we know how we are playing, we know how many injuries we have, and we know we need to trade for a top pairing dman. Do you think Howie cruises these boards and is going to be like OMG THE AXE THINKS I'M AVERAGE, I'LL SHOW HIM!? I just think these threads should be called common sense rants about our 2013 roster, and merged into one.

k I'm done now

Feel free to ignore me. A lot of others are making good points and debating. Isnt that why we are here?

Feel free to ignore me. A lot of others are making good points and debating. Isnt that why we are here?

Yes, I have no problem with the debating, I am saying the problem is there is like 5 threads debating all the same stuff, they may as well be merged into one thread called team complaints or something.

Guest The Axe

Yes, I have no problem with the debating, I am saying the problem is there is like 5 threads debating all the same stuff, they may as well be merged into one thread called team complaints or something.

I hear ya. Do it! Dont just talk about it. Good point. Now get it done.