• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest The Axe

Howard = Average

Rate this topic

make all the excuses you want, but the new 5.3 million dollar man just tossed detroit's playoffs hopes out the window last night.

it's over.

thanks a lot, jimmy.

Um yeah. We have the same statistical chances of making the playoffs as Columbus, which is 40%. It's not over.

first one was Ericsson's fault

and the offense was to blame, so many chances and empty nets missed because the offense is inept, pathetic that NHL players can't lift a puck off the ice

make all the excuses you want, but the new 5.3 million dollar man just tossed detroit's playoffs hopes out the window last night.

it's over.

thanks a lot, jimmy.

Howard got his big contract and he contributed with two goals...............................too bad they were into his own net.

first one was Ericsson's fault

and the offense was to blame, so many chances and empty nets missed because the offense is inept, pathetic that NHL players can't lift a puck off the ice

From the bench? :P

That was Kindl and Kronner out there for the first one. I'm guessing you're thinking of Kindl for not tying up his man's stick.

EDIT: Just realized you're talking about Jimmy's two goals. I'd say they both were to blame. Sloppy by Ericsson, total lack of awareness from Jimmy. The last one was all Jimmy.

it's over.

thanks a lot, jimmy.

No excuses. But there's plenty of blame to go around if they don't make the playoffs other than those goals last night.

I don't blame Howard, maybe he lost his vision again....thank can happen when you're embarrassed

I don't blame Howard, maybe he lost his vision again....that can happen when you're embarrassed

I don't blame Howard, maybe he lost his vision again....that can happen when you're embarrassed

Howard got his big contract and he contributed with two goals...............................too bad they were into his own net.

This happens so often when a player signs a bit contract. The player usually tries so hard to validate his worth, that he actually defeats himself. This is what happened to Howard.

This happens so often when a player signs a bit contract. The player usually tries so hard to validate his worth, that he actually defeats himself. This is what happened to Howard.

He sure as hell didn't look like he was trying to validate his worth on that third goal. He didn't make the slightest effort to get back in the net. Again, I like Howard, but that was pathetic.

Edited by Zetts

Guest The Axe

He sure as hell didn't look like he was trying to validate his worth on that third goal. He didn't make the slightest effort to get back in the net. Again, I like Howard, but that was pathetic.

One bad game in 20. Let it go.

One bad game in 20. Let it go.

I'm not worried about a bad game. Nor do I deny that he's the reason we're competing the playoffs. Completely giving up in the way and in the circumstances that he did (the circumstances of the play, the point in the game and the point in the season) is inexcusable.

Screwing up is human. Not giving a crap is pathetic. Especially when you were just signed to a contract worth how many million?

If you're not sure what I'm talking about, check out 2:45 of this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2z5d0Tkrcs

Note the COMPLETE lack of effort.

Further, and I don't know how I missed this before, you're the one that started this thread titled "Howard = Average" and when I criticize him for one ridiculous play, you're saying that I should let it go?!

Edited by Zetts

I'm not worried about a bad game. Nor do I deny that he's the reason we're competing the playoffs. Completely giving up in the way and in the circumstances that he did (the circumstances of the play, the point in the game and the point in the season) is inexcusable.

Screwing up is human. Not giving a crap is pathetic. Especially when you were just signed to a contract worth how many million?

If you're not sure what I'm talking about, check out 2:45 of this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2z5d0Tkrcs

Note the COMPLETE lack of effort.

Further, and I don't know how I missed this before, you're the one that started this thread titled "Howard = Average" and you're saying that when I criticize him for one ridiculous play, I should let it go?!

That's misplaying the puck. that isn't "not giving a crap."

And yes, Axe has flipped positions before in order to continue an argument.

He's not even halfway back from the boards to the goal line when the puck is in the net. That's not giving a crap. I could move faster than that.

Edit: I counted. He bothered to take 1 single step.

Edited by Zetts

Guest The Axe

Look, man. I give Howard credit when he deserves it. I would have let him go if I were the GM. But Howard is the 2nd or 3rd to LAST guy I'm gonna blame for our troubles. Holland and Babcock are the first 2 I'm going to blame. Cleary, Abdelkader, Bertuzzi, and Samuelsson can't help it that they can't score. Holland can help it that he continues to field teams consisting of these guys.

Look, man. I give Howard credit when he deserves it. I would have let him go if I were the GM. But Howard is the 2nd or 3rd to LAST guy I'm gonna blame for our troubles. Holland and Babcock are the first 2 I'm going to blame. Cleary, Abdelkader, Bertuzzi, and Samuelsson can't help it that they can't score. Holland can help it that he continues to field teams consisting of these guys.

This seems like a really random time to bring up Tuzzi's lack of scoring. Maybe you didn't notice that he's been out with an injury?

I agree I was pissed at his lack of effort , hell push the net off take the penalty shot its better then an empty net. We saw Dom misplay tons of pucks, dive back ,lay his stick on the line and make the save. You wanna get paid like the big boy play like the big boys. I'm a Howard supporter but this play was inexcusable.

Edit to clarify

Edited by saven

Guest The Axe

This seems like a really random time to bring up Tuzzi's lack of scoring. Maybe you didn't notice that he's been out with an injury?

Again, you're not grasping the concept. The player is who he is. Asking Filppula to score 40 goals is dumb. Asking Bertuzzi to put up 50 pts is dumb. I try not to blame the players. Babcock constantly playing crappy guys with Datsyuk. Holland constantly signing crappy guys for Babcock's roster. That's where I place the blame. We struck out on Praise and Semin. Wondering why we keep losing 2-1 is assinine now. That being said, the lockout gives Holland a chance to dump some dead weight (Bert and Sammy). And free agency allows him to dump more (flip, cleary, white, Brunner). Colo is the only guy left that needs to go after that. Let's see what Holland does.

Again, you're not grasping the concept. The player is who he is. Asking Filppula to score 40 goals is dumb. Asking Bertuzzi to put up 50 pts is dumb. I try not to blame the players. Babcock constantly playing crappy guys with Datsyuk. Holland constantly signing crappy guys for Babcock's roster. That's where I place the blame. We struck out on Praise and Semin. Wondering why we keep losing 2-1 is assinine now. That being said, the lockout gives Holland a chance to dump some dead weight (Bert and Sammy). And free agency allows him to dump more (flip, cleary, white, Brunner). Colo is the only guy left that needs to go after that. Let's see what Holland does.

Leaving us with:

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Franzen

Tootoo - Helm - Abdelkader

Tatar - Anderson - Nyquist

Miller (if he's re-signed) - Emmerton - Eaves

Inspiring.

I agree that we need big changes this offseason. But people expecting a massive overhaul in which we ditch every single one of those players will be sorely disappointed. It's just not feasible to make all of those changes in one off-season and do them WELL.

Edited by Zetts

Guest Crymson

One bad move doesn't make a quality goalie into a mediocre specimen. And though Howard did indeed make no effort to get back into position, this was because he had not the faintest chance of catching Begin. I do agree that he should have at least put forth the pretense of an effort.

One bad move doesn't make a quality goalie into a mediocre specimen. And though Howard did indeed make no effort to get back into position, this was because he had not the faintest chance of catching Begin. I do agree that he should have at least put forth the pretense of an effort.

Given that I've been the most vocal about my distain for that play, I'll assume this is largely directed at me.

And I completely agree - this is no way makes him mediocre as a goalie. He's still our MVP of the season in my eyes.

Thing with Howard is, he needs to come up big when the team needs him the most. This guy has to show - given the Wings are making the playoffs - improved playoff stats because he hasn't been very good in them.

Although I agree so far he is the Wings MVP of the season, followed only by Datsyuk

Guest Crymson

Every time I defend Howard, he just makes me look like a fool.

I find that very hard to believe.