• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest The Axe

Howard = Average

Rate this topic

I think we all need to reassess this (Ive started).  Having Vrana go full junkie has really put this team in a bad spot.  This guy was an efficient top 6 winger.  Not Filip Zadina.  That's not an easy spot to just get by without.  I dont see goalie as a huge problem.  I DO see our first pair LHD as a glaring weakness right now.  Is Walman filling in admirably?  Absolutely.  Is he a true 1LHD?  No way.  We needed to hit on Lindholm last year if we wanted that spot covered.  We struck out.  And we gave Chiarot a chance, but that's been a big miss as well.  Until Edvinsson and Wallinder fulfill their promise, we should expect our top 4 to play well.  Seider needs a true transition defenseman that can skate like the wind so he doesnt have to cover the entire ice surface.  Hronek needs a guy that can cover the backend so he can press forward.

59 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I think we all need to reassess this (Ive started).  Having Vrana go full junkie has really put this team in a bad spot.  This guy was an efficient top 6 winger.  Not Filip Zadina.  That's not an easy spot to just get by without.  I dont see goalie as a huge problem.  I DO see our first pair LHD as a glaring weakness right now.  Is Walman filling in admirably?  Absolutely.  Is he a true 1LHD?  No way.  We needed to hit on Lindholm last year if we wanted that spot covered.  We struck out.  And we gave Chiarot a chance, but that's been a big miss as well.  Until Edvinsson and Wallinder fulfill their promise, we should expect our top 4 to play well.  Seider needs a true transition defenseman that can skate like the wind so he doesnt have to cover the entire ice surface.  Hronek needs a guy that can cover the backend so he can press forward.

LHD is 1 of the biggest areas of strength in the org imo. Walman Chiarot Edvinsson Wallinder Johansson Mcisaac etc. No other pisition has that top talent and depth. 

4 hours ago, redw1ngs said:

LHD is 1 of the biggest areas of strength in the org imo. Walman Chiarot Edvinsson Wallinder Johansson Mcisaac etc. No other pisition has that top talent and depth. 

You forgot Buium. And I think it's also time Edvinsson and McIsaac start getting coffee cups real soon.

9 minutes ago, redw1ngs said:

Buium is a long shot imo included in etc.

I rank em like this as of today:

Graduated
Berggren
Soderblom

Forwards
1. Kasper
2. Hanas
3. Mazur
4. Buchnelikov
5. Lombardi
6. Zito
7. Everyone else

Defense
1. Edvinsson
2. Wallinder
3. McIsaac
4. Albert Johansson
5. Buium
6. Anton Johansson
7. Everyone else

Goalie
1. Cossa
2. Gylander
3. Everyone else

5 hours ago, Walman6million said:

Wallstedt apparently was interviewed by the wings 10 times, multiple of which were with SY, and SY met with his parents. Jesper thought fersure he was going to be a wing on draft day.

Cossa must have one helluva personality.

To bad helluva personality doesnt stop pucks.

7 hours ago, Walman6million said:

Wallstedt apparently was interviewed by the wings 10 times, multiple of which were with SY, and SY met with his parents. Jesper thought fersure he was going to be a wing on draft day.

Cossa must have one helluva personality.

Wally's probably a closet Furry or something. I suspect there was something not quite right in Yzermans mind. He is not the type of GM to skip the far better talent because of "personality" unless something is off.

Edited by Axl Foley

Bedard's WHL numbers are right there with McDavid. The difference is Bedard is on a trash team. Can you imagine what his scoring would be if he was on a contending team?

Regina not trading him will set that team back for years. But Bedard basically sold out the Saddledome for a WHL game, so he does sell tickets. It's sucks he will end up with either a poverty franchise like Arizona or Columbus. Or even worst a team like Chicago. 

The league needs to interfere and get him in Detroit where he can win championships and cement a legacy. Learn from McDavid in Edmonton, Gary.

On 2/3/2023 at 3:16 PM, Axl Foley said:

Wally's probably a closet Furry or something. I suspect there was something not quite right in Yzermans mind. He is not the type of GM to skip the far better talent because of "personality" unless something is off.

Osgood apparently felt Cossa was a better risk than Wally and voiced his opinion to Yzerman...

4 hours ago, marcaractac said:

Bedard's WHL numbers are right there with McDavid. The difference is Bedard is on a trash team. Can you imagine what his scoring would be if he was on a contending team?

Regina not trading him will set that team back for years. But Bedard basically sold out the Saddledome for a WHL game, so he does sell tickets. It's sucks he will end up with either a poverty franchise like Arizona or Columbus. Or even worst a team like Chicago. 

The league needs to interfere and get him in Detroit where he can win championships and cement a legacy. Learn from McDavid in Edmonton, Gary.

Yeah...Not gonna happen :confused:

2 hours ago, Walman6million said:

Jan Bednar signed an AHL contract to go to the Walleye. Lethemon is up with the Griffs so makes sense.

Dont have much hope for him, but now we at least have another goalie in the system. Strong feeling Cossa/Leth are in GR next year.

Van Pottelberghe deserves a shot imo. 

8 minutes ago, redw1ngs said:

Van Pottelberghe deserves a shot imo. 

Well it was heavily rumored that the Wings had interest in bringing him over last year, and then nothing materialized.

It's also strange that Holland never brought him over.

Makes me think its a Dick Axelsson situation and JVP has no desire to play in NA. 

On 3/16/2023 at 11:37 AM, Walman6million said:

Well it was heavily rumored that the Wings had interest in bringing him over last year, and then nothing materialized.

It's also strange that Holland never brought him over.

Makes me think its a Dick Axelsson situation and JVP has no desire to play in NA. 

Howard is HEAVILY rumored to be seeking more food.

16 hours ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

Howard is HEAVILY rumored to be seeking more food.

These days yall be WISHING we had a steady goalie like Howard. Man was unappreciated in his time. No wonder he started overheating. Yall be killing him.