• Please log in to reply
781 replies to this topic

#341 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

Only had 1 fwd and 1 D spare today...played 50+ out of 60 mins and had 4 goals and 2 assists in an 8-4 win.  I wouldn't let ya down big guy.

Howard gets the nod tonight and hopefully he doesn't have any issues with the eyes today.  If we want to go anywhere this year we need Howie to play his biggest games against the not so good teams that the boys generally play levels down to.

Damn! Youre a snipe! Are you lazy, tho? And do you suck? Ha!

#342 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:58 PM

Damn! Youre a snipe! Are you lazy, tho? And do you suck? Ha!

I was only lazy when i took a nasty shot off my hammy on one leg and was nursing a sore groin on the other side around Xmas time.  other than that I hustle my bag off, and I truly hope I don't suck.  If anyone's ever in Winnipeg, we'll go 1 on 1 Gordon Bombay vs Iceland coach style  :cool:

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#343 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:11 PM

Yea, Howards not the guy. I'm sure the next time he stand on his head in 10 games or so everyone will love posting in this thread singing his praise but he is so average it hurts.

#344 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:11 PM

Very Cujo-esque at the end there from Howard.  Need a sliding stop, but we get a flopping goalie looking like he's auditioning for Electric Boogaloo 7.  How many games do you have to see of this before you just want another guy in there?  I'm ok with Mrazek starting every game from now on.  I'm not saying the Wings can't win with Howard.  I'm not saying Howard is bad.  I'm saying that the chances of winning more games does not go up because Howard is in there.  Play someone else, already.

#345 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:12 PM

Yea, Howards not the guy. I'm sure the next time he stand on his head in 10 games or so everyone will love posting in this thread singing his praise but he is so average it hurts.

Game losing goal tonight he was on his knees faster than a Thai hooker.  horrible.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#346 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:22 PM

Proven again. This guy isn't a winner.

#347 Number19

Number19

I like our team

• PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:22 PM

howards stats would be average for a 5th seed playoff team in the 1980s. you know when scoring was astronomically high.

#348 shoobiedoobin

shoobiedoobin

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:25 PM

B0f5o0c.gifB0f5o0c.gifB0f5o0c.gifB0f5o0c.gifB0f5o0c.gifB0f5o0c.gifB0f5o0c.gifB0f5o0c.gifB0f5o0c.gif

Defense breaks down. Goalies fault. 

DEERRRR

#349 PumpIron

PumpIron

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:25 PM

Howard is average he gets paid as a average goalie, i never expected greatness, but some big saves would be nice.

On a side note hes a UFA next season maybe he wants to play elsewhere.

#350 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:26 PM

howards stats would be average for a 5th seed playoff team in the 1980s. you know when scoring was astronomically high.

Id take Vincent Riendo at this point!

#351 shoobiedoobin

shoobiedoobin

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

If you actually think this was Howard's fault I've just gotta laugh at ya. LOL@the emotional responses. And how predictable, too. Same little group of people every time.

#352 fat guy in a maltby jersey

fat guy in a maltby jersey

3rd Line Checker

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:30 PM

let me know when howard's sv% gets above .900

i'll be waiting.

#353 PumpIron

PumpIron

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:32 PM

A goalie is only as good as his defense lets him be. However we cant expect Howard to steal us games, hes not a superstar goalie.

#354 shoobiedoobin

shoobiedoobin

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:35 PM

Yeah don't address what I said or anything lol. 

If you're mad punch the couch or something. Stay off of forums lol.

Ugh no point after a loss. Too many overreactors and idiots. 

#355 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:36 PM

Let me get this straight. Our top forward line Z, Fil, and brunner turn the puck over, start a 3 on 2, lashoff gets caught pinching on a forward, and this is Howards fault? Scoring only 2 goals in a game is Howards fault? Letting all our talent leave over the last couple of years and not replacing them is Howards fault? I suppose 0 for the road on the PP is his fault as well?

#356 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:39 PM

Let me get this straight. Our top forward line Z, Fil, and brunner turn the puck over, start a 3 on 2, lashoff gets caught pinching on a forward, and this is Howards fault? Scoring only 2 goals in a game is Howards fault? Letting all our talent leave over the last couple of years and not replacing them is Howards fault? I suppose 0 for the road on the PP is his fault as well?

You can't possibly disagree that Howard played that final play poorly. He looked like a fish outta water man, and he does it EVERY time there's a scramble in front of the net. Obviously it wasn't ALL his fault, we're just frustrated right now.

#357 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:40 PM

Ugh no point after a loss. Too many overreactors and idiots. 

I'm a pretty unbiased person when it comes to the Wings and yea a lot of these goals aren't his fault but we see the opposing goalie making bigger and better saves to keep their team in it almost every game. Howard almost never makes a big save on a breakaway or odd man rush to keep his team in the lead or tied late in the game or period or whatever. These aren't overreactions and you seem to be mad with the name calling. Starting Gustavsson the next game or even the next two this weekend is what should happen but I'm sure ole' stubborn Babs won't oblige.

#358 fat guy in a maltby jersey

fat guy in a maltby jersey

3rd Line Checker

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:40 PM

is this directed at me?

i'm hardly mad, friendo.

#359 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:45 PM

I'm a pretty unbiased person when it comes to the Wings and yea a lot of these goals aren't his fault but we see the opposing goalie making bigger and better saves to keep their team in it almost every game. Howard almost never makes a big save on a breakaway or odd man rush to keep his team in the lead or tied late in the game or period or whatever. These aren't overreactions and you seem to be mad with the name calling. Starting Gustavsson the next game or even the next two this weekend is what should happen but I'm sure ole' stubborn Babs won't oblige.

Go back and watch the game vs the LAK and say that. he is the only reason we won that game and didn't lose 8-0.

#360 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:49 PM

Go back and watch the game vs the LAK and say that. he is the only reason we won that game and didn't lose 8-0.

One game man, one game. And it's already been pointed out by numerous people. He's an average goalie. He's going to have spectacular games every now and again.