• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest The Axe

Howard = Average

Rate this topic

Im glad everyone recognizes that he's not elite. Thats my main point. With the squad we got right now, we need an elite keeper.

No, that's not your point. You said he was average. You didn't say "Howard = Not elite"; you said "Howard = Average" and then you said

I told you all this guy was just average and would struggle without #5. Seems like the Mrazek train is leaving the station and everyone is getting on board. I punched my ticket.

What? Please tell me what the Mrazek train is? The magical NHL games he played? We have absolute NO knowledge how he is going to play in his first game, nor in the NHL. There is NO Mrazek train and it hasn't even ARRIVED at the station. Once again, "just average" doesn't translate to "not elite". If you're going to start a thread, and try to make a point, please don't backtrack the moment people don't agree with you.

Average goalie goalie on an average team =.500 record. I think major changes need to be made to this team or a rebuild. They're simply not good enough as they are, even before Lidstrom left they needed to make major changes but didn't and now we're seeing a really sub-par product.

Guest The Axe

Average goalie goalie on an average team =.500 record. I think major changes need to be made to this team or a rebuild. They're simply not good enough as they are, even before Lidstrom left they needed to make major changes but didn't and now we're seeing a really sub-par product.

I agree. We have 2 all-stars at the end of their primes and thats about it. Time to pony up for some ufa's or go in the tank for a few years.

I agree. We have 2 all-stars at the end of their primes and thats about it. Time to pony up for some ufa's or go in the tank for a few years.

Ya as much as i'd hate to see them go, i'd rather that then the team waste more time on a team that's obviously not good enough. I don't want us to be like Calgary, in denial for years that it's time to rebuild.

Howard is not the problem, which many have said. but and here is the million dollar question, who is elite and with what would we get them? we don't have much to trade. as for UFA's this off season, with what money? Fil, brunner, and Howard are all UFA's and should be resigned. That will take 15+ million to do. There goes our UFA budget, unless we decide to buy out some folks.

The team is 18th in GFA and 24th in GAA. That sucks. Rebuilding/retooling is in order and should have been started 2-3 years ago. But it wasn't. So yes, it will get worse before it gets better.

Why is everyone suggesting we need to get an elite goalie? We have an above-average one right now, that has been improving every single season. At that, he isn't tying our hands with a huge contract. What this team needs to do is start playing like a team. They need the defense to play some defense and the offense to play some offense. Howard will do his job, he's proven he can and will do it. He simply can't handle this workload though, and mentally it has to be frustrating to know that everything relies on you because you have noone the franchise believes in yet. Mrazek will have his chance to play this weekend, we're absolutely sure to see him play in one of the weekend back-to-back games (Unless Monster magically comes back before then). Elite goalies aren't some rapid breeding species, they're rare and they come at a premium, such does great defensemen.

Guest irishock

Nucks will ride out Luongo this year, either win the Stanley Cup or not, and then deal him immediately in the offseason.

I know the Nucks aren't very popular around here, but we do rather have them win a cup than St. Louis, Chicago or Pittsburgh.

Edited by irishock

Since there are people on LGW who think Datsyuk and Zetterberg are better than Crosby, I question the choices of our members pertaining to who is and isn't an elite goalie.

Datsyuk no doubt is a better two way player, and is a much more respectful player on the ice, and definitely one of the best forecheckers in the game. He may not score as many points, but his all around game is better