• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest The Axe

Howard = Average

Rate this topic

12 minutes ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

Do they look at trading for Grubauer.. saw a rumor about him being a good fit here since our goaltending depth is abysmal.

Rumors that a few other teams are after Grubauer, including the Isles I think, but I haven't heard the Wings are. Wings like Hutton and Khudobin

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

10 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I would. Howard is as good a stop-gap as we're going to find. Give him another 2-3 year extension, and hope one of Larsson, Petruzzelli, or Fulcher step up in that time.

This. Everyone that complains that you can't win a Stanley Cup with Howard needs to recognize that this team isn't winning a Cup with Jesus in net. 

giphy.gif

By the time the Wings are ready to compete again, Howard will be gone anyway.

4 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Garth won't be getting in the way any longer...

Ironic, since Garth didn't "get in the way" enough when he was tending NHL nets.

4 hours ago, F.Michael said:

That’s right...Garth Snow got in the way of that.

You made a funny and didn't know it.

46 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

This. Everyone that complains that you can't win a Stanley Cup with Howard needs to recognize that this team isn't winning a Cup with Jesus in net. 

giphy.gif

By the time the Wings are ready to compete again, Howard will be gone anyway.

jesus would have won a cup if he was here the last 10 years 

i say we take advantage of holtby winning the cup and try and get ilya samsonov out of washington 

2018-19 Goalie Tiers: Anonymous panel of GMs and coaches rates all 31 starting goalies. Howard was ranked 27th.

To his credit, Howard has re-invented his game and modernized it while providing a steady presence for the rebuilding Red Wings. But at 34 years old, his issues staying healthy probably aren’t going anywhere.

He’s entering a contract year so he’ll be motivated and could be available for contending teams looking for a short-term fix in goal.

“I like him,” said an Eastern Conference GM. “He was really good last year. It’s going to be really hard on him with that team this season. If he was on a good team, I’d give him a 2.”

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

2018-19 Goalie Tiers: Anonymous panel of GMs and coaches rates all 31 starting goalies. Howard was ranked 27th.

To his credit, Howard has re-invented his game and modernized it while providing a steady presence for the rebuilding Red Wings. But at 34 years old, his issues staying healthy probably aren’t going anywhere.

He’s entering a contract year so he’ll be motivated and could be available for contending teams looking for a short-term fix in goal.

“I like him,” said an Eastern Conference GM. “He was really good last year. It’s going to be really hard on him with that team this season. If he was on a good team, I’d give him a 2.”

Are we sure this isn't Holland saying this....

6 minutes ago, Buppy said:

Didn't he die in prison? I seem to remember him dying in prison.

Well obviously growing up, he’s one of the most known politicians in the world. A lot of impact in any kind of politic that he did, and even playing politics, everyone knows him, right? From being the type of person that he was out of jail and in the jail. It’s unfortunate that he passed a year ago, but, he changed a lot while he was with us, and he’s a tremendous guy.

Love or hate Howard, it would be a smart move to trade him this season and acquire assets. Assuming he puts together another decent season, and a team is in need of a goalie at or before the deadline...

Bernier is a capable starter for a non-playoff team. Much like Howard, he's not going to win or lose many games on his own, but he'll keep his team in most games, which is all you want as a bottom third of the league team. I think Sateri could be a viable backup options as well.

If we can trade Jimmy for a 2nd, or even 3rd round pick by mid-season, I think you'd be foolish not to...

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Love or hate Howard, it would be a smart move to trade him this season and acquire assets. Assuming he puts together another decent season, and a team is in need of a goalie at or before the deadline...

Bernier is a capable starter for a non-playoff team. Much like Howard, he's not going to win or lose many games on his own, but he'll keep his team in most games, which is all you want as a bottom third of the league team. I think Sateri could be a viable backup options as well.

If we can trade Jimmy for a 2nd, or even 3rd round pick by mid-season, I think you'd be foolish not to...

Totally agree.  Next season he becomes an UFA and then we are at zero value other than maybe an advantage to re-sign him.  I don't think he's our goalie of the future.  Get something out of him and piece the goalie situation together until we confident that we are at minimum a 2nd round playoff team.  When the "kids grow up".

It's all be ok, how else are we gonna compete for Jack Hughes? It's a win-win...or in his case lose-win.

Jimmy has made a ton of money without ever having to earn it. That's a career he can be proud of. Can't be mad at the guy.

Edited by LeftWinger