• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
number9

Tomas Tatar Is Jiri Hudler 2.0

Rate this topic

can you name me one prospect our front office types didn't glow about? That is their job. It is also how they drive up percived trade value. we had all the same things about Kutznetsov, kopescky, Rittola, Lenio, Mursack, Emmerton, etc etc etc....... Nyquist and tatar are 40 point per year guys, just like the title of this thread. Who for his career has just over 400 games played in the NHL and has just over 200 points. Averages 1 point every 2 games. Again, not one of those guys-the forwards is close in any way to be able to replace Z, datsyuk or Filppula. Nor are any of those forwards potential 60 point power forward types.

As for those playing in the pro leagues in europe, so what. That isn't NA hockey and it is a very different game. The list of euro's that have failed in NA is very very long.

Now, I fully understand that there will be a positive surprise or 2. Always is. But at best 1 out of 10 prospects ever pan out, so even the guys we all think will make it, most will not. You see this in every sport. 1st round flops happen all of the time. late round surprises as well.

You forgot Grigorinko.

can you name me one prospect our front office types didn't glow about? That is their job. It is also how they drive up percived trade value. we had all the same things about Kutznetsov, kopescky, Rittola, Lenio, Mursack, Emmerton, etc etc etc....... Nyquist and tatar are 40 point per year guys, just like the title of this thread. Who for his career has just over 400 games played in the NHL and has just over 200 points. Averages 1 point every 2 games. Again, not one of those guys-the forwards is close in any way to be able to replace Z, datsyuk or Filppula. Nor are any of those forwards potential 60 point power forward types.

As for those playing in the pro leagues in europe, so what. That isn't NA hockey and it is a very different game. The list of euro's that have failed in NA is very very long.

Now, I fully understand that there will be a positive surprise or 2. Always is. But at best 1 out of 10 prospects ever pan out, so even the guys we all think will make it, most will not. You see this in every sport. 1st round flops happen all of the time. late round surprises as well.

Congratulations on presenting a new and totally different argument. You said we didn't have a good balance of size, speed, strength, and skill in our prospect pool, I showed the contrary. I don't see how Tatar and Nyquist being in your opinion only 40 point scorers in anyway applies to what I said.

And PS ur statement about how we talk up our prospects applies to every franchise. So it balances out. By your standards Granlund blows.... Minnesota *cough* *cough*

Guest Crymson

You forgot Grigorinko.

The fact that he later got into a car accident that very nearly crippled him really makes a hash of your argument. Also, learn to spell Grigorenko...

Correct me if Im wrong but 2.0 is the updated better, faster more effecient version from the original....right?

Yes, but putting him in a sentence with Hudler takes away from what Tatar actually is!

Let's just say Tomas Tatar is the real deal. Maybe he can become the Sniper we need! With Brunner and Tatar showing how quick they can score, our rebuils may not be too far away...also allows Holland to focus on Defense this off season, which is our glaring need!

Tatar is not a 2.0 of anyone, unless his father is named Tomas as well!

Tatar is himself, and a GD good hockey player!

He should be playing with Datsyuk.

Edited by LeftWinger

Guest Johnz96

Yes, but putting him in a sentence with Hudler takes away from what Tatar actually is!

Let's just say Tomas Tatar is the real deal. Maybe he can become the Sniper we need! With Brunner and Tatar showing how quick they can score, our rebuils may not be too far away...also allows Holland to focus on Defense this off season, which is our glaring need!

Tatar is not a 2.0 of anyone, unless his father is named Tomas as well!

Tatar is himself, and a GD good hockey player!

He should be playing with Datsyuk.

Tatar and Nyquist are better than or as good as all our forwards other than Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Filppula, they should be getting more ice-time than all the ones they are better than.

Guest The Axe

Tatar and Nyquist are better than or as good as all our forwards other than Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Filppula, they should be getting more ice-time than all the ones they are better than.

Lets not go all raging hard on style on these guys. Tatar is emerging and Nyquist is soon to emerge. Thats kind enough for now.

They're not even close to being the same type players.

Definitely not cut from the same mold.

Tatar is a Predator= eyes on front of head, frothing at the mouth as he relentlessly hunts down the puck to make a play on the net. Huds is the Prey: eyes on side of head looking for predators while he tries to sneak in a play on the puck without getting eaten.

Definitely not cut from the same mold.

Tatar is a Predator= eyes on front of head, frothing at the mouth as he relentlessly hunts down the puck to make a play on the net. Huds is the Prey: eyes on side of head looking for predators while he tries to sneak in a play on the puck without getting eaten.

Except when it comes to hookers....allegedly....