• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#41 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

GooZe! Z Jr. ~ Acting Captain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,013 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

It's gonna be a sad day when Tatar, Lashoff and possibly Mrazek get sent back down to GR for the line-up tampons to come back. <--- Aside from Helm of course.

This offseason will determine whether Ken Holland should still be employed with the Wings organization.

Please put Smith on the Power Play!

#42 cupforwings

cupforwings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:35 PM

It almost seems like Tatar got better playing in Grand Rapids, and is now more NHL ready then before?  No, that would mean Holland knows what he is doing.

#43 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:39 PM

It's gonna be a sad day when Tatar, Lashoff and possibly Mrazek get sent back down to GR for the line-up tampons to come back. <--- Aside from Helm of course.

Smith's been fine and we haven't yet really seen what Samuelsson and Gustavsson can offer. I'd be surprised though if this team was ever completely healed so they might be able to keep Tatar, Mrazek and Lashoff up for a long time.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#44 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:47 PM

Tatar has similar points per game to Emmerton's best year in GR, .55/game for Tatar & .59/game for Emmerton, as a 19 year old getting his first exposure to North American hockey. That best year for Emmerton was when he was 23. Tatar, who is 22 as of December 1st, is currently sitting at .88 points per game in GR this season. So yeah, nothing to see here when it comes to comparing Tatar to an at best career 12th/13th forward.

Just wanted to point this out: Ogre is comparing Tatar's rookie year in the AHL with Emmerton's 4th professional year (which was his most productive year in GR).   Oh and Tatar was the youngest player in the entire AHL that year.

Tatar's AHL stats this year: 19g/20a/39pts in 44games =>  0.89 points per game (pro rated to 71pts in an 80 game AHL season).

Just to further reenforce Ogre here:  Tatar is tied for 8th in the entire AHL in points and 8th in goals scored despite having missed games due to his NHL call-up. 

I can't believe people still respond to Richdg-- he was exposed as a Wild fan that came to troll here back in the summer.

We should give Holland the benefit of the doubt here.. so far he's shown a willingness to keep Lashoff up (although it appears Huskins is getting some time off after that big hit) despite having 6 NHL d-men on the roster and is scratching an NHL forward to keep Tatar on the roster (Eaves sat last night for Tatar).

Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#45 Lidstromrules16

Lidstromrules16

the best thing about life is knowing you put it together- T. Rez

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:08 PM

I have nothing but good things to say about Tatar.  He is really quick and made the third line look great.  I hope he doesn't get sent down.

#46 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

Just wanted to point this out: Ogre is comparing Tatar's rookie year in the AHL with Emmerton's 4th professional year (which was his most productive year in GR).   Oh and Tatar was the youngest player in the entire AHL that year.

Tatar's AHL stats this year: 19g/20a/39pts in 44games =>  0.89 points per game (pro rated to 71pts in an 80 game AHL season).

Just to further reenforce Ogre here:  Tatar is tied for 8th in the entire AHL in points and 8th in goals scored despite having missed games due to his NHL call-up. 

I can't believe people still respond to Richdg-- he was exposed as a Wild fan that came to troll here back in the summer.

We should give Holland the benefit of the doubt here.. so far he's shown a willingness to keep Lashoff up (although it appears Huskins is getting some time off after that big hit) despite having 6 NHL d-men on the roster and is scratching an NHL forward to keep Tatar on the roster (Eaves sat last night for Tatar).

You clearly have me confussed with someone else. I am not nor have ever been a Wild fan, nor has anyone ever accussed me of being one.

The point I was making and stand by, AHL points mean nothing in regards to predicting NHL performence. This is true in every sport, it just isn't the same.

I do have a question for those that believe these guys are so good. if they are, how come none of them, not one beat out guys like Miller, eaves, cleary, Emmerton, Mursak, etc....? They were all in shape-already played 30 games or so. yet not one was able to beat any of those guys out? Not one of the guys I mentioned is signed to a big money long term contract. Most are FA's restricted or free after the year. yet, none lost their jobs. If tatar, nyquist, andersson etc are so good, then shouldn't have at least one of them won a job from that group of very limited players?

#47 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:46 PM

Richdg lied, Emmerton never scored 52 points

Opps, I confused myself...... LOL Iwas looking at Emmerton, Mursaak, and Abdelkader and mixed up the points. Emmerton scored 38 in his best season. Abdelkader scored 52. My bad.

#48 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:24 AM

You clearly have me confussed with someone else. I am not nor have ever been a Wild fan, nor has anyone ever accussed me of being one.

The point I was making and stand by, AHL points mean nothing in regards to predicting NHL performence. This is true in every sport, it just isn't the same.

I do have a question for those that believe these guys are so good. if they are, how come none of them, not one beat out guys like Miller, eaves, cleary, Emmerton, Mursak, etc....? They were all in shape-already played 30 games or so. yet not one was able to beat any of those guys out? Not one of the guys I mentioned is signed to a big money long term contract. Most are FA's restricted or free after the year. yet, none lost their jobs. If tatar, nyquist, andersson etc are so good, then shouldn't have at least one of them won a job from that group of very limited players?

A) Can someone help me out here? Wasn't there a troll here with almost he same name that annoyed us to no end back before the July 2012 signing bonanza?

B) How exactly is your argument any different for these guys than it is for other NHL prospects?  You can make the same argument for any prospect who fails to crack the NHL in his draft year.  Datsyuk didn't play in the NHL as an 18 year old, so surely he wasn't anything special, right?  Or are you just an ass?  (Pro tip: the correct answer is the latter)

Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#49 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,420 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:31 AM

A) Can someone help me out here? Wasn't there a troll here with almost he same name that annoyed us to no end back before the July 2012 signing bonanza?

B) How exactly is your argument any different for these guys than it is for other NHL prospects?  You can make the same argument for any prospect who fails to crack the NHL in his draft year.  Datsyuk didn't play in the NHL as an 18 year old, so surely he wasn't anything special, right?  Or are you just an ass?  (Pro tip: the correct answer is the latter)

Debating is fine, by why is there the necessisity to insult other people you don't agree with? He believes our prospects won't pan out, you believe they do, you won't change each others minds

#50 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:02 PM

If we'd had a real training camp this year, they very well might have. Their roles aren't exactly the same either. Also, being better doesn't necessarily mean they will be more effective in their rookie seasons. In their first years, Franzen and Flip were really no more effective than Miller/Eaves/Cleary, and look at them now. Why give up guys (who wouldn't bring much of anything in trade), lessen our organizational depth, to bring up kids who aren't likely to make much, if any, difference?

I don't think anyone really expects Nyquist or Tatar to be stars, much less stars in their rookie seasons. But you don't have to be a star to be more than Emmy or Eaves.

And for the record, Hudler was, and is, a very good player. If Tatar turns out so well we should all be pretty happy. That would be a nice result from the 60th pick.

#51 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:15 PM

If we'd had a real training camp this year, they very well might have. Their roles aren't exactly the same either. Also, being better doesn't necessarily mean they will be more effective in their rookie seasons. In their first years, Franzen and Flip were really no more effective than Miller/Eaves/Cleary, and look at them now. Why give up guys (who wouldn't bring much of anything in trade), lessen our organizational depth, to bring up kids who aren't likely to make much, if any, difference?

I don't think anyone really expects Nyquist or Tatar to be stars, much less stars in their rookie seasons. But you don't have to be a star to be more than Emmy or Eaves.

And for the record, Hudler was, and is, a very good player. If Tatar turns out so well we should all be pretty happy. That would be a nice result from the 60th pick.

Now that he finally will get the ice-time he desreves Hudler is going to prove Babcock and a lot of people here wrong about him.

They weren't given an opportunity. The Red Wings believe that it is better for their development to play more on top lines for the Griffs than have limited roles with the Wings.

#52 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

You ARE that Wild fan. I would be too embarrassed to admit it too. Have fun being burdened with those 2 stupid contracts, like forever.

#53 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:33 PM

He is that troll.

#54 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

It almost seems like Tatar got better playing in Grand Rapids, and is now more NHL ready then before?  No, that would mean Holland knows what he is doing.

Only took him 5 years.

#55 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,935 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:51 PM

tatar wins battles and is aggressive. hudler is lazy

#56 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

tatar wins battles and is aggressive. hudler is lazy

He's not lazy

#57 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:27 PM

You ARE that Wild fan. I would be too embarrassed to admit it too. Have fun being burdened with those 2 stupid contracts, like forever.

Nope, you are wrong. I remember who you guys are talking about, but wasn't me. I have been a very loyal wings fan since 197.........something....... had a major party in HS when we drafted Yzerman, Kocur, and Probert in 83......

#58 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:34 PM

Here is my point about tatar nyquist etc.... Untill they play everyday with the RW, we don't knpw what they can be. Now my opinion is, there is nothing special about any of those guys. As of today, we have a bunch of 4th line checkers and at best 35 point guys. Guys that can score 15 goals per year. Is that horrible? No. But it that the type of talent we need now? No. We have been losing 70 point guys and not replacing them.If you take the entire GR roster and move them up to detroit, sprinkle in the 7 or 8 keepers on our team now, what do we have? a 30 win team.

#59 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:42 PM

Here is my point about tatar nyquist etc.... Untill they play everyday with the RW, we don't knpw what they can be. Now my opinion is, there is nothing special about any of those guys. As of today, we have a bunch of 4th line checkers and at best 35 point guys. Guys that can score 15 goals per year. Is that horrible? No. But it that the type of talent we need now? No. We have been losing 70 point guys and not replacing them.If you take the entire GR roster and move them up to detroit, sprinkle in the 7 or 8 keepers on our team now, what do we have? a 30 win team.

Replace 2/3rds of any team with their AHL players and few teams would do any better. Most rankings say we have a good group of prospects. I'll trust that over you.

#60 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:18 PM

Replace 2/3rds of any team with their AHL players and few teams would do any better. Most rankings say we have a good group of prospects. I'll trust that over you.

We have some good prospects, but they are still playing junior hockey. Sproul, Mckee, Quellet, etc...... They have some talent. Nyquist and tatar are really just fill. Now, you need some fillers in  cap era. But stars? Nope.