• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#21 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:32 PM

I just hope that most around here don't set their expectations too high & think it's pronounced "Jesus".

LOL.  The expectation on LGW are always low.  We could have the best team in the league and the LGW posters would want to blow it up...

Do or do not. There is no try

#22 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,804 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:32 PM

For those keeping track at home, Mrazek will wear #34.  Also, he has the Griffins' crest logo on his pads, which is awesome.

160780852_slide.jpg

I'd also expect him to get in one of the back-to-back's coming up, either vs. Edmonton on Saturday, or LA on Sunday.

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#23 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:33 PM

Quick someone over analyze his play!!!!

Wait taken care of by LGW
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#24 DSM

DSM

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:35 PM

I'm keeping my expectations neutral. I'm just excited to see the kid play, as I would be for any player making thier Red Wings debut. Hopefully he gives us something positive to discuss on here.

#25 cnot19

cnot19

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:44 PM

Here we go!

Get me a real fourth line Kenny!

#26 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,215 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:47 PM

Either way, if he plays out of his mind our totally bombs, he'll be just fine. 

If we lose, thought, I'll be blaming everyone else but him and it will be well deserved.

#27 DSM

DSM

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:51 PM

Either way, if he plays out of his mind our totally bombs, he'll be just fine. 

If we lose, thought, I'll be blaming everyone else but him and it will be well deserved.

Unless he lets a couple of center line floaters, then I'll blame him. ;)

#28 StormJH1

StormJH1

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:03 PM

Haha, exactly.  This is our concern, Dude.  I didn't expect McCollum to look Vezina-like either last year, but there are levels of bad that elevate one's concern beyond the "meh, he's just not ready" level.

Hope he does that #34 proud like Legace and Maracle before him.  Only better.

Edited by StormJH1, 07 February 2013 - 01:05 PM.

#29 Rick D

Rick D

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:04 PM

I'm pretty sure he wont be as bad as whats his names blow out last season.

http://redwings.nhl....m?id=2010021148

Eff Chicago

Eff Boston

#30 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:09 PM

This sucks. Excited to see him, but against St. Louis? Made much more sense to play him last game. With no axe to grind, traditionally lazy play and Mrazek in net, this could be a long night...
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#31 StormJH1

StormJH1

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:10 PM

What's strange to me is that they start him here on the road with SAT/SUN back to back afternoon games coming up, which are both at home.  Presumably, he'll get the Kings SUN now on the nationally televised NBC game?!

I know Howard's tired, but I'm wondering if the EDM game on SAT won't have been a better place to debut him.  Heck, half of Edmonton is Mrazek's age anyway.

Maybe they thought that the 14,000-ish at the Joe would jump on him out of frustration with the team, if things went badly?

Edited by StormJH1, 07 February 2013 - 01:10 PM.

#32 Jedi

Jedi

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,804 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:15 PM

IIRC, Babcock tends to put backup goalies in for road games, because he believes there's less pressure on them to do well.  Haven't a clue where I saw/heard that though, so take it for what it's worth.

In other lineup related news, Kindl is in, Huskins is out.

snyoep.jpg

#33 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

Babcock has never seemed to be the best at using goalies. If Howard is too tired to start tonight, he shouldn't have played against the Flames. Then again, maybe he felt good, Babcock went him him, and now he's fatigued. Either way it's a questionable decision by Babcock who has not had the best history with goaltenders.

Why not start a offensively focused depth defenseman against a stingy turn over forcing team with a rookie starting his first game. I'm confused.

Edited by Carman, 07 February 2013 - 01:17 PM.

#34 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,215 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:22 PM

Not worried in the least  ;)  

This sucks. Excited to see him, but against St. Louis? Made much more sense to play him last game. With no axe to grind, traditionally lazy play and Mrazek in net, this could be a long night...

This is all I'm worried about.

#35 StormJH1

StormJH1

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:23 PM

IIRC, Babcock tends to put backup goalies in for road games, because he believes there's less pressure on them to do well.  Haven't a clue where I saw/heard that though, so take it for what it's worth.

I have no problem with that rationale...except if adhering to that plan meant debuting Mrazek against a division opponent (St. Louis), instead of against Calgary, the worst team in the league at the time.  Agree with the poster above that if Howard was already tired, the time to rest him was the Calgary game, not against St. Louis.  Especially given that Howard just beat St. Louis in one of our better efforts of the year.

Oh well, hopefully Mrazek plays well and makes all of this a moot point.  Go Wings.

#36 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:28 PM

He will be The first hockey player to do a backflip during celebration a la Scott Hamilton....can't wait!
I want emotion of any kind from this team, hunger, fun, energy, its af****** game so have fun playing it!

#37 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,958 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:32 PM

Holy scheise what a game to start! Godspeed, M-Raz, Godspeed. Hopefully the rest of the team is conscious of the need to be more defensively responsible and don't leave the kid with his d!ck swinging in the wind.

Should I start drinking now?

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#38 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,315 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:35 PM

Can't wait to get a look at this kid.  Also, can't wait to hear the proper annunciation of his name.

I was at an Ice Caps game a couple nights ago, and during a TV time out they announced him as AHL player of the week. They said it as Mar-ay-zeck.

#39 Jedi

Jedi

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,804 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:39 PM

I have no problem with that rationale...except if adhering to that plan meant debuting Mrazek against a division opponent (St. Louis), instead of against Calgary, the worst team in the league at the time.  Agree with the poster above that if Howard was already tired, the time to rest him was the Calgary game, not against St. Louis.  Especially given that Howard just beat St. Louis in one of our better efforts of the year.

Oh well, hopefully Mrazek plays well and makes all of this a moot point.  Go Wings.

Saw it posted (I think on page 1) that Mrazek wasn't started vs. Calgary because Babs wanted him to get a few practices in with the Wings' system before getting the start.  Petr was called up on February 4th, and the Calgary game was the 5th.  At best, that's 2 practices (possibly only 1, since he might have missed the Feb 4th practice due to preparation and travel from the callup).

snyoep.jpg

#40 DSM

DSM

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:47 PM

Saw it posted (I think on page 1) that Mrazek wasn't started vs. Calgary because Babs wanted him to get a few practices in with the Wings' system before getting the start.  Petr was called up on February 4th, and the Calgary game was the 5th.  At best, that's 2 practices (possibly only 1, since he might have missed the Feb 4th practice due to preparation and travel from the callup).

IIRC, Ansar Khan said that on Mlive when he got called up.